I feel your pain.
But apparently it was because the phone people did a study and the calculator people “...always did it that way” (biggest on top).

NOW if only they could agree on exactly where to put the 0, how big the key itself should be, and don’t EVEN get me started on the 00 key or infix v. postfix v. 10-key.

—Patrick

Not sure if this is worth a rant so I posted it here, just saw my parents old land lady raking the front lawn, and when I said hi she asked the same "How's your mom doing?" question she asks me every time I meet her instead of explaining what she was doing. I mean, its not like she's hurting anyone but its still WEIRD, especially since I know she wants my parents house back.

So basically she's like, "Is your mom dead yet so I can try and buy the house?"
YES-pretty much that! She's just NOT as subtle as she thinks she is, she keeps creeping by the house in her car to rake in front of the lot next door which she owns A LOT-which my parents thought they were ALSO buying, but she lied about it so she could make her own house there. TURNS OUT THOUGH-said lot is too close to water, so she's now been subtley trying to get back my parents house for years to NO avail.

YES-pretty much that! She's just NOT as subtle as she thinks she is, she keeps creeping by the house in her car to rake in front of the lot next door which she owns A LOT-which my parents thought they were ALSO buying, but she lied about it so she could make her own house there. TURNS OUT THOUGH-said lot is too close to water, so she's now been subtley trying to get back my parents house for years to NO avail.
I think from now on you should only respond, "Alive and healthy.", just to give her the hint.

Today we painted our living room, demonstrating once again that if you want something well done, you'll have to pay to someone who knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
While putting everything to bed tonight at 10pm at the toy drive, it's just me and one other person left, and she's about 19-20.

Her: "I can take care of the rest if you want to head home!"
Me: "Nah, I'll help. I'm in no hurry. Besides, don't want to leave you out here so late all by your lonesome."
Her: "... 'lonesome?'"
Me: "You know, can't have anything untoward happen."
Her: "...'untoward?'... You use a lot of big words."

I didn't think "lonesome" and "untoward" were particularly big words :confused:

While putting everything to bed tonight at 10pm at the toy drive, it's just me and one other person left, and she's about 19-20.

Me: "Nah, I'll help. I'm in no hurry. Besides, don't want to leave you out here so late all by your lonesome."

Well, they're certainly not simple.

I think it's obvious that what she really meant is that you use a lot of antiquated words, but such a big word is not in her vocabularly so she simply used a common phrase, ignoring its literal meaning, to tell you that you talk funny.

Also, I'm guessing she was thinking you'd do something untoward with the two of you left to your lonesome. Does she know about your House of Reprehensible Filth?

GasBandit

Staff member
Also, I'm guessing she was thinking you'd do something untoward with the two of you left to your lonesome. Does she know about your House of Reprehensible Filth?
Hah, nooooooo. No no no no no. Nope. No.

It's a good thing I was there though, that night. Somebody used the microwave and the coffee pot at the same time and knocked out the power to half the compound, and I was the only one who knew enough about circuit breakers and fuses to get everything back up and going.

You name your child "Abcde" and you DON'T think this child will ever be mocked for it? What planet are you from, woman? This poor kid should have been given help when it was clear the parent couldn't handle basic parenting.

Dave

Staff member
Bought a truck yesterday for $6000.

2018-11-30 14.54.03.jpg

Decided to get rid of our 1999 Saturn SL1. It runs fine but has 185,000 miles on it, hasn't had a tune-up or oil change in forever, and has some problems like a cracked windshield. I put $400 because that's what the scrap yard was going to pay me. Posted it at 11:30 and it was gone by 1 pm.

2018-12-01 10.10.58.jpg2018-12-01 10.11.09.jpg