I was driving to work this morning, and Don't Be Cruel by Cheap Trick came on. Then I realized that their version is almost exactly as old now, as Elvis's version was then.

Not that I post a ton or anything, but I think I gonna take a hiatus for a while from some online things, which includes here.

Preemptive, I’m fine. :heart: I just want to focus on other parts of my life and I’m sick of being distracted constantly by everything. So. Imma be gone for a hot second but wanted to give a heads up so no one worries! :D LOVE YOU ALL. I’ll be back in time.

Not that I post a ton or anything, but I think I gonna take a hiatus for a while from some online things, which includes here.

Preemptive, I’m fine. :heart: I just want to focus on other parts of my life and I’m sick of being distracted constantly by everything. So. Imma be gone for a hot second but wanted to give a heads up so no one worries! :D LOVE YOU ALL. I’ll be back in time.
We'll be here . . .
should you need us.jpg

Job interview seemed to go well. Have a follow up interview sometime this week.
PS : had my follow up interview a few days later and before I had even had THAT interview I had a third one scheduled. All three are done now and seemed to go well. I have to give them a salary expectation, and hope for a job offer soon.

Can't say what company it's been for, but can say: not TV or film animation, but still a big company.

The reason none of this is going in the minor victory thread is because I am in SO FUCKING FAR OVER MY HEAD with this it's scary.

I Hope it's that, and not "I bullshitted my way into the position and it's only a matter of time until they figure it out".
I am highly amused at the notion that it IS this, that they know you've bullshitted your way into this position, but they still hired you anyway because 1) they think you've got the chops that you will eventually be able to do what they want, and 2) it's going to be entertaining to watch your scramble to get there.

--Patrick

I swear I saw Gimpy in an episode of Little Witch Academia. It apparently has a fairly big international community of fans.
Yeah it was actually pretty huge here in Canada, where it played on Teletoon in a good time slot and aired, y'know, in order (two things MTV always struggled with in regards to its cartoons for some reason).

So much so that the creator, Pete Williams, wound up moving to Toronto, and if you manage to track down the DVD, it's the Canadian version you're getting (in the US, Williams voiced all four main characters while in Canada Rocko was re-cast so that the series would meet Canadian Content regulations. More Canadian music is used in the BG too).

Dave

Staff member
Buying masks online to protest capitalism is the funniest thing I've heard since the flat Earth society had a meeting with people from around the globe.

Lately I've been back to sleeping normal hours (which for me, means not waking up at 4:30 when I no longer have a job to rush out to), but the day after the time change is always brutal. I seem to remember to stay up a little late on Saturday night without fail, completely subconsciously these days, but I never think to do that on Sunday, and on Monday I'm up at the ass crack of way too early.

For me it’s:
9pm: “Cool! I will get an extra hour of sleep!”
2am: “...I mean an extra hour gaming with only 6hr sleep yaaaayyy...”

—Patrick

For me the problem is my 100 pound alarm clock don't know shit about DST. So it is only 5:00am on your watch, you walked me at this time yesterday!

For me the problem is my 100 pound alarm clock don't know shit about DST. So it is only 5:00am on your watch, you walked me at this time yesterday!
We used to have an automated feeder system for the cats that would dump at times you selected.
I changed it for DST only once. The “spring forward” part was no problem (“An hour early? Sweet! OMNOMNOM), but when it came time to fall back, you could see them pacing back and forth, obviously agitated (“No food yet? What if it’s broken? What if I starve? I DON’T WANT TO STARVE!”) and actually reaching up into the machine in desperation to try and force it to drop some of its precious, precious kibble.

—Patrick

...what is this "daylight savings" of which you speak?

Arizona don't need no "daylight savings." We gots too much as it is!