Took my daughter to the orthodontist today, and it's $6,000 pre insurance to fix her mouth. Thankfully we have good dental. Of course, she's also going to need dental implants because thanks to my genetics she won't get two of her adult molars, so there's more money down the drain later. (can't really do implants until she's done growing)

GasBandit

Staff member
Took my daughter to the orthodontist today, and it's $6,000 pre insurance to fix her mouth. Thankfully we have good dental. Of course, she's also going to need dental implants because thanks to my genetics she won't get two of her adult molars, so there's more money down the drain later. (can't really do implants until she's done growing)
Well heck, if she needs adult molars, I might have a couple lying around spare...

My goodness it's difficult to get Pandora to stick to female artists on a Girl Power station. Play one song from Pink, No Doubt, Candi Staton, Aretha, Gladys, or Etta followed by eight songs by male artists - about half of them being "love songs," and the other half being rap songs all about how many fly honeys the rapper can score with his oodles of cash and his flashy clothes. All I want to do is listen to some good old female empowerment anthems on election day, come on Pandora!

My goodness it's difficult to get Pandora to stick to female artists on a Girl Power station. Play one song from Pink, No Doubt, Candi Staton, Aretha, Gladys, or Etta followed by eight songs by male artists - about half of them being "love songs," and the other half being rap songs all about how many fly honeys the rapper can score with his oodles of cash and his flashy clothes. All I want to do is listen to some good old female empowerment anthems on election day, come on Pandora!

I trust you're giving those tracks a quick thumbs down?

Cog's post in the whine thread made me think of it, but this isn't a whine since I find it funny.

My gf has a 4 year old cousin who I try not to really interact with. I've had to say that I don't really want to and now the whole family assumes that I don't like children.

The real reason is that he's an awful spoiled brat that never gets an ounce of discipline and I know I'd get yelled at by her family if I put my foot down when he inevitably abuses me. I.E. what I saw happen when someone tried to get the kid to stop stabbing him with a dinner knife.

Thankfully they can accept me as a child-hating misanthrope.

It wasn't sharp enough to actually do damage or anything. Just enough to hurt. The guy just switched seats with the person net to him and the kid was upset that he wouldn't "play" with him anymore. And everyone took the kids side and said that the guy was being too sensitive.

PS : had my follow up interview a few days later and before I had even had THAT interview I had a third one scheduled. All three are done now and seemed to go well. I have to give them a salary expectation, and hope for a job offer soon.

Can't say what company it's been for, but can say: not TV or film animation, but still a big company.

The reason none of this is going in the minor victory thread is because I am in SO FUCKING FAR OVER MY HEAD with this it's scary.
Update: go see the epic win thread. Gimme like, 2 min first though.

Make sure he has a quiet place to live. Only hedgehog I’ve ever personally had to deal with died because his heart exploded (was not mine, belonged to my HS science teacher).

—Patrick

So I just had a dog get in front of my car then it seemed like it was trying to get me to follow it back to the house they were at when I got out of the car to try to move it. But the driveway was gated and pad locked and I didn't want to risk pissing someone off so I just called the police dispatch and said something about it.

Is it weird that I did that? It really felt like the dog was trying to get me to follow because it kept howling and looking back at me.

Ok, I gotta know, do swingers get real detached from reality?

So last weekend, my swinger couple friends, one of which has been one of my closest friends since grade 5, just tried to hook me with up a friend of theirs who's looking for a sex buddy, despite knowing I'm in a pretty committed, albeit FRUSTRATINGLY long distance, relationship.

I was a little upset, since I didn't know that was the reason behind the get together. They didn't think anything of it. They've been non-monogamous for so long that it's nothing to them.

Man.

Daughter grabbed a block of cheddar I had bought as a snack. Started making mac and cheese, then fled the kitchen and hid outside.

Lol don't touch my horseraddish cheddar cheese kiddo.

"Toto, I don't think we live in Merrill anymore."

Last night, right before the wife and I were getting ready to go to bed, we saw a Mesa PD cruiser pull up and essentially block the corner of the street in front of our place. After a few minutes, my wife realized that there were several other cop cars down the street a ways.

And then we heard the K-9 unit, and the helicopter started hovering overhead with a spotlight (it was after 7:30, and the sun goes down early).

Apparently, the guy in the trailer two doors down wasn't responding to calls or someone knocking on his door, so MPD essentially did a home invasion (I don't think that's the right term, but that's what it looked like) to make sure he wasn't in danger.

I haven't heard anything as I just got up and am heading off to work.

Every time I see a someone on the news whining about a bad experience with Uber, and how the company shouldn't be able to get away with it, I can't help but shout at the TV.

"You want Regulations? Because that's how you get Regulations!"

"I mean, you chose Uber."

"You want Regulations, take a fucking cab!"

Watching Uber grow is probably a good history lesson on why and how Taxis became regulated.

Exactly. You get what you pay for. If you want a professional, pay for one. The same applies to hair colour, tattoos, painting (at least for me lol) and many other things. And taxes!!!

Problem with that is when the taxi's have a monopoly in a city
While I've never seen a city where there was only 1 taxi company, I get that you're saying that the only option is a taxi operating under a city's rules, rules that determine how much the taxi charges among many other things.

I'm guessing in a few more years Uber and Lyft will show us why that was necessary. I've already seen hints of this iceberg with complaints about Uber's surge pricing. "We're really busy right, so we're jacking the price for the next coupe hours."

But that's not why I'm shouting at the screen. It's not Uber that's my problem. It's not the Taxi regulations.

It's the people who use Uber because it's not a Taxi, then whine that Uber is not like a Taxi

Apparently the guy in the trailer two doors down was a veteran, so that was likely the reason why they went in the way they did. I just question why they used the helicopter, especially if he may have been a 'Nam vet...

Every time I see a someone on the news whining about a bad experience with Uber, and how the company shouldn't be able to get away with it, I can't help but shout at the TV.

"You want Regulations? Because that's how you get Regulations!"

"I mean, you chose Uber."

"You want Regulations, take a fucking cab!"

Watching Uber grow is probably a good history lesson on why and how Taxis became regulated.
How did @Bubble181 manage to agree and disagree to this message at the same time?