figmentPez

Staff member
The only bad experiences I've had regarding PDFs and my Kindles involved very graphic-heavy documents (which is really not what a 2nd gen Kindle is for anyway). Text PDFs, or those with very few diagrams, that conform to standard book size work really well for me.
I've ended up with a lot of PDFs that are formatted for 8.5x11, not paperback size. Of course, most of those have been play scripts, and not books meant for reading on an eReader, but it's been frustrating enough to sour me on the experience of using PDFs for anything on Kindle.

Find myself in the most bizarre place right now and I’m just weirdly reminded that no matter what you’re going through or what anyone goes through, life keeps going. Time keeps moving.

Like, I always feel as if time should stop when you keep getting kicked down, but that’s not how it works? And you feel overwhelmed and like you’re barely hanging on, but then, you wake up every morning and you do keep going? Does that make sense?

I dunno. Things are slightly better for me - thank you to those of you who checked on me. :heart: - I really am loving my job. I did work at a new location last night though (their receptionist was sick so I filled in last minute), they basically threw me to the sharks. I managed to make it out alive, but it took a toll on me.

I don’t know where I’m going with this. I’m struggling to think straight I guess. :/ Normally I would delete this and not post it, not bother with it, but, meh, not today!

Yep, that's why we share random crap in this thread. It's a place for us to talk about stuff to people who actually do care.

Like, one of my instructors looks like Liam Neeson. Specifically, he looks like Qui-Gon Jinn. Same hairstyle and facial hair, same facial structure, all that. His voice, however, sounds nothing like Liam Neeson, so every time he talks I feel really weird.

Normally I would delete this and not post it, not bother with it, but, meh, not today!
There’s always that voice in your head that says, “Nobody wants to hear about me and my boring life.”

Thing is, your life* is only boring to you.

—Patrick
*everyone’s life, really.

There’s always that voice in your head that says, “Nobody wants to hear about me and my boring life.”

Thing is, your life* is only boring to you.

—Patrick
*everyone’s life, really.
I mean. That’s not it exactly. I don’t think my life is boring - ya’ll I’ve seen some shit out here in the city. I just don’t like talking/posting unless I have something to add to the conversation. So if my post isn’t a solid conversation starter or a good response to someone else, I rarely post. I don’t see a reason to post nonesense that doesn’t move a conversation forward. :/

Find myself in the most bizarre place right now and I’m just weirdly reminded that no matter what you’re going through or what anyone goes through, life keeps going. Time keeps moving.

Like, I always feel as if time should stop when you keep getting kicked down, but that’s not how it works? And you feel overwhelmed and like you’re barely hanging on, but then, you wake up every morning and you do keep going? Does that make sense?

I dunno. Things are slightly better for me - thank you to those of you who checked on me. :heart: - I really am loving my job. I did work at a new location last night though (their receptionist was sick so I filled in last minute), they basically threw me to the sharks. I managed to make it out alive, but it took a toll on me.

I don’t know where I’m going with this. I’m struggling to think straight I guess. :/ Normally I would delete this and not post it, not bother with it, but, meh, not today!
Sometimes the fact that life keeps going is the best way to move past things. You fall on the treadmill and wish it would stop because you're flailing, but if it stopped you might never get up. Instead you have no choice but to keep trying, and eventually you get back on your feet.

And then you hang clothes on the treadmill instead of use it and start to wonder why you ever bought the damn thing, it's just taking up so much space.

I guess my real point here is to ask if anyone wants to buy a lightly used treadmill.

I mean. That’s not it exactly. I don’t think my life is boring - ya’ll I’ve seen some shit out here in the city. I just don’t like talking/posting unless I have something to add to the conversation. So if my post isn’t a solid conversation starter or a good response to someone else, I rarely post. I don’t see a reason to post nonesense that doesn’t move a conversation forward. :/
So, my wife makes fun of me because I eat microwave popcorn like this..

2018-10-02 16.11.15.jpg

Yes, that's a latex glove. I hate getting that greasy butter shit on my fingers.

I've had that box for nearly a year. I don't eat it often enough. I don't really like air poppers..the popcorn ends up too dry. I absolutely love that fake butter grease. I just don't like it on my fingers

Yeah, why can’t you just pick it up with your tongue like an anteater a normal person?

—Patrick
So, my wife makes fun of me because I eat microwave popcorn like this..

View attachment 27691

Yes, that's a latex glove. I hate getting that greasy butter shit on my fingers.

1000% me @PatrThom ! I stick my tongue straight into the bowl to pick up pieces because I, too, hate getting popcorn grease on my hands. So, no judgment from me @Tinwhistler . :)

So ○○ +1?
Oh come now, he's 53. That's not that old at all, and age is just a number, anyway. Why would you make fun of him for that? It's a birthday, not a day to make him feel bad for something that'll happen to all of us eventually. Shame on you.