Dude, your eyesight's really going if you think that was a stealth edit.
I did edit my original after Dave made the poop joke. I had originally made a typo and corrected it. I don't think that qualifies as a Stealth Edit though, imo, since I then drew attention to the original typo.

There's this documentary on 90s ska coming next year, that months ago told me they weren't talking to the Planet Smashers, Canada's number one ska band, because their "focus was on the 90s" . Now the Planet Smashers were formed in 94, and from 94-99 produced 3 ska records (5 more since 2000, with another coming next year), and also founded the largest ska record label in Canada, to produce 3 Best of Canadian Ska albums (2 more since 2000).

So this struck me as odd.

I've brought it up to the filmmakers multiple times since then, pointed out several less prolific ska acts from the 90s they are talking to, and post 2000s ska bands they're talking to, and their mission statement of an international documentary, and today they told me yes, they are going to talk to the Planet Smashers.

So I think I did that. That's me doing my patriotic duty as a Canadian citizen. You're welcome, ska fans, and Canadian Ska fans in particular.

There's this documentary on 90s ska coming next year, that months ago told me they weren't talking to the Planet Smashers, Canada's number one ska band, because their "focus was on the 90s" . Now the Planet Smashers were formed in 94, and from 94-99 produced 3 ska records (5 more since 2000, with another coming next year), and also founded the largest ska record label in Canada, to produce 3 Best of Canadian Ska albums (2 more since 2000).

So this struck me as odd.

I've brought it up to the filmmakers multiple times since then, pointed out several less prolific ska acts from the 90s they are talking to, and post 2000s ska bands they're talking to, and their mission statement of an international documentary, and today they told me yes, they are going to talk to the Planet Smashers.

So I think I did that. That's me doing my patriotic duty as a Canadian citizen. You're welcome, ska fans, and Canadian Ska fans in particular.

Interesting... they are covering the Aquabats and even have an ex-Aquabat doing t-shirt designs. I say interesting because they kinda dropped the ska sound early on and their modern direction is completely different.

Interesting... they are covering the Aquabats and even have an ex-Aquabat doing t-shirt designs. I say interesting because they kinda dropped the ska sound early on and their modern direction is completely different.
Which is one of the things that I pointed out to them.

I have a hunch the Aquabats are delving back into ska now though. This theory is based on the fact they played Back to the Beach Festival this summer, with Travis Barker back on drums. They are producing a new album too, and a new webseries (originally they wanted to bring the tv show back, but their kickstarter failed to raise the money so they rebooted it), so we'll see if my hunch is right.

Which is one of the things that I pointed out to them.

I have a hunch the Aquabats are delving back into ska now though. This theory is based on the fact they played Back to the Beach Festival this summer, with Travis Barker back on drums. They are producing a new album too, and a new webseries (originally they wanted to bring the tv show back, but their kickstarter failed to raise the money so they rebooted it), so we'll see if my hunch is right.

I actually donated to that. I'm a big fan of kayfabe bands like this, The Protomen, GWAR, and Ghost. Honestly? I don't think the show should have been back on TV. It's fine as a web series... though really, I could have seen somebody like Netflix jumping on this instead. It's sort of a niche (live action kids programming) that Netflix really hasn't really scratched yet.

May die of boredom at work today.

There’s a stylist fashion show so all the stylists are there, except for one and she only has two more appointments for the whole day.

1538688737941.gif

Another one of those things that lies somewhere between a whine and a minor win, so it's going into the random crap thread:

Y'know how I've been whining that I can't do interpretation any more? Well, apparently my professors disagree, cause they're sending me to France for a week to do an interpretation case. To say that I'm shitting myself in terror right now is to understate the degree of fecal expulsion currently occurring in my pants.

apparently my professors disagree, cause they're sending me to France for a week to do an interpretation case. To say that I'm shitting myself in terror right now is to understate the degree of fecal expulsion currently occurring in my pants.
Been there.
That feeling when others say things like, “Of course you can handle it! You just need the right incentive!” <pushes you off cliff>

—Patrick

Another one of those things that lies somewhere between a whine and a minor win, so it's going into the random crap thread:

Y'know how I've been whining that I can't do interpretation any more? Well, apparently my professors disagree, cause they're sending me to France for a week to do an interpretation case. To say that I'm shitting myself in terror right now is to understate the degree of fecal expulsion currently occurring in my pants.
Where in France? And what week? I'll be in France for a few days in the near future too

Where in France? And what week? I'll be in France for a few days in the near future too
Mery sur Oise, which is just outside Paris, apparently. Currently it looks like we'll be there from the 10th to the 18th. And our agenda hasn't come out yet, but the client made it sound like we'll be very busy for the whole week, which is contributing to the amount of poop in my trousers.