GasBandit

Staff member
Or, you know, get the ad block plus addon for firefox/chrome.. like EVERYBODY has been doing for years. I haven't ever seen an ad on youtube, except on my tablet.

One officer hit in a shootout with a suspect here. She's okay, thankfully - I know her, and have worked with her a couple times. One suspect down, one still out there.

Cajungal

Staff member
What makes slim, beautiful women think they're overweight and "gross"? Because I'm seriously getting a little worried about one of the teachers.

What makes slim, beautiful women think they're overweight and "gross"? Because I'm seriously getting a little worried about one of the teachers.
I wish I knew what to do about this. I have more than one female friend who are depressed about their body image. I always think... "You're beautiful!" not to mention some of them are, like, turn-sideways-and-you're-invisible thin, and still think they're overweight!

A male friend of mine has this problem. He weighs in around 130, he's 5'11", and he complains about feeling fat or being worried he's putting on weight. At least he acknowledges he has an issue and he's trying to work on it.

Cajungal

Staff member
I wish I knew what to do about this. I have more than one female friend who are depressed about their body image. I always think... "You're beautiful!" not to mention some of them are, like, turn-sideways-and-you're-invisible thin, and still think they're overweight!
More importantly, she has so many other qualities worth praising. She's intelligent, she's great with her students (no-nonsense, but also fun), and she takes such good care of her friends. She's planned 5 showers in the past 2 years.... oh wait, now I understand. :( I'm not being bitchy, either; this is a real-time revelation about how bummed she's been sounding about all her friends getting married. I wonder...

I just had a weird thing happen.

I was in Costco, just doin' my thing when a I spot a guy with a camera sort of taking pictures of things and following behind us. I'm a little creeped out and the paranoid part of me told me he was trying to get a pic of Jet. I told myself I was being silly and kept on.

UNtil this guy stopped me and told me I looked just like his estranged niece and he missed her terribly and 'Can I have your picture PLEASE?"

I very politely told him I wasn't comfortable with that. He nodded and left...until I turned around and there was a camera flash. Then he ran.

Am I going to end up on the internet?

She's planned 5 showers in the past 2 years.... oh wait, now I understand. :( I'm not being bitchy, either; this is a real-time revelation about how bummed she's been sounding about all her friends getting married. I wonder...
... Oh my god.

Seriously.

I think that's it. My friend, too, has been part of a significant number of her friends' weddings/wedding plans.

More importantly, she has so many other qualities worth praising. She's intelligent, she's great with her students (no-nonsense, but also fun), and she takes such good care of her friends. She's planned 5 showers in the past 2 years.... oh wait, now I understand. :( I'm not being bitchy, either; this is a real-time revelation about how bummed she's been sounding about all her friends getting married. I wonder...
If it is a case of "always a bridesmaid and never a bride" that's getting to her, well, having been that person I can tell you in her mind the other qualities probably don't seem like they matter much. I had always prided myself on being a strong, independent, intelligent woman who spoke her mind - until I kept getting told I was basically an intimidating and overbearing shrew. Throw in magazines like Cosmo and I learned to really hate myself. I needed to be thinner, prettier, wear sexier clothes, and be less assertive. Thankfully I eventually realized none of that was true.

I seriously just had my first row with someone in...years. I never argue with people. It's not my thing. I get tongue-tied and embarassed, so I normally just let it go and get over it.

But yesterday...yikes. I mean, it wasn't completely terrible, we were arguing about superheroes, so it wasn't the most serious of discussions, but geez, I would not let my friend off the hook! It was the loudest of spoken to someone in so long and I just attacked. And I don't think I've said so many cool things so fast before. Mouth, you were on my side last night. I'm feeling somewhat guilty about it now, luckily I know he wasn't offended or anything (he and his girlfriend drove me home later and we chatted about Merlin, so I know there were no hurt feelings), so that makes me feel a little better.

But yeah...I just never do that.

I rarely share combative opinions with people.

Even now, though, I still feel all fiery.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I turned thirty yesterday. And I spent the day trying not to cringe with pain due to chemo side effects.

Yeah... yesterday could've been better.

figmentPez

Staff member
Where?? Where??
I know a great new restaurant that just opened! You Nate and I will have a great time! ;-)

Really, I don't know if I have time today. I have to finish my workout, shower and then get out the door so I don't hit too much traffic getting to my group psych meeting. Maybe when I get home from that we can figure out what service to chat on.

GasBandit

Staff member
We could always chat on the phone during my drive. :p (Or is there a Ventrillo app for Android?)
Not that I want to encourage this discussion, but yes, there is. However, if you are on a verizon device, you only have a special gimped version that works like crap because verizon refused to let skype work the right way.

Little do they know, I rooted my phone and can use the full version of android skype on my tablet while tethered to it, so HA.

Edit - oh wait. Ventrilo, yes there is and it works fine. For some reason I thought you said skype.

Anyway, you want an app called "ventriloid."

I use Mangler for my app, and by and large it works ok... occasional lag issues, but that might be my network, not the app.[DOUBLEPOST=1362694857][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hope they get the other baddie and glad the officer is ok.
http://scmetropd.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/murder-suspect-shoots-officer-apprehended/

Looks like they snagged the other fool. I'm so proud of my guys right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1362695135][/DOUBLEPOST]
I very politely told him I wasn't comfortable with that. He nodded and left...until I turned around and there was a camera flash. Then he ran.
Hrm.... here, you run into the case of "anything publicly viewable can be photographed," which is asinine, but has been upheld in court. However, the moment you told him that you didn't want to be photographed.... Hrmm... I will hunt around and see if there's an answer for you under Georgia Law that you might be able to ask about up there.

Failing all else, yeah, this is definitely something that CostCo might want to be made aware of, if only so they can have him banned from their property. I doubt he's a member, simply creeping. You could theoretically call it in to local PD and see if they can stop him, see if he's got priors for being a sex offender/stalker and whatnot.

I doubt there's anything for you to worry about, but all the same, keep your head on a swivel.

I use Mangler for my app, and by and large it works ok... occasional lag issues, but that might be my network, not the app.[DOUBLEPOST=1362694857][/DOUBLEPOST]

http://scmetropd.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/murder-suspect-shoots-officer-apprehended/

Looks like they snagged the other fool. I'm so proud of my guys right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1362695135][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hrm.... here, you run into the case of "anything publicly viewable can be photographed," which is asinine, but has been upheld in court. However, the moment you told him that you didn't want to be photographed.... Hrmm... I will hunt around and see if there's an answer for you under Georgia Law that you might be able to ask about up there.

Failing all else, yeah, this is definitely something that CostCo might want to be made aware of, if only so they can have him banned from their property. I doubt he's a member, simply creeping. You could theoretically call it in to local PD and see if they can stop him, see if he's got priors for being a sex offender/stalker and whatnot.

I doubt there's anything for you to worry about, but all the same, keep your head on a swivel.
I tell ya. I was super vigilant the rest of that shopping trip and walked to the car with my keys laces between my fingers.

My husband was with me and he was pretty pissed off because he thinks he intentionally waited until Jet and I were alone (he went to get cold meds) until he approached.

My laptop's busted so I'm temporarily using my mom's computer while she and my dad are on vacation. For some reason, unless I'm waving the mouse around the adobe flash player crashes. I can deal, but its still annoying.

I need a hug. Today is Mr. Wasabi's nerve block and I'm a mess.
Thanks for all of the hugs everyone!! It went so much better than either of us thought it would. He was in and back out again in about 20 minutes. He said he's got some pressure in his back where they did the needles, and right now he's a little high, but otherwise he's doing ok. The doctors said it would take about a week for the nerve block to work and then they are looking for it to last about a month. Here's hoping!

The snow has melted enough that I can see grass!!! Oh goodness,I'm so excited! Now, the storm that we're supposed to be getting this weekend can just go away. Please. No more snow.

You shut your mouth, Steiny! They can keep their snow. I'll take grass and sunshine round these parts, thank you very much.