I think every government building should be next to a restaurant of some kind, if someone pushed that law I would make them president, then king, then god, then one of those Celestial guys from Marvel comics who put the mutagen in humans IN that order. THAT is how much I like the option of food being next to my errands.

...thats a thing...that someone has done...in reality...by their free will. Not some horror film, and not under some horrible government experiment, but in the real ass world. This...this is a sad day.

Took the Pugs for a walk in the park this evening. The 9yo rode in his stroller, enjoyed it, and the 4yo peed on everything that we would allow him to get to. The stroller is a 3-wheel jogging stroller that my wife found at a resale shop for $20, didn't even look like it had been used.

Just watched that movie last week. Sad to see how boring the show's humor is now after the seasons leading up to the movie, and the movie itself, were so hilarious.

The movie should've been where the show ended, Spongebob became the manager of the Krusty Krab 2( a fact that has NEVER translated into the show) and they were all still funny, it was the logical closure point. Now its only funny once in a blue moon (there was a new ep where they did some funny suicide jokes with Squid) or having plots that have less meat than Big Mac.

Average call time today: 2.5 minutes.
Average time between calls: about 3 minutes right now.

I can see this being an easy day.

figmentPez

Staff member
Finally! Legal Chocolate Surprise Eggs Coming to the US by Easter

I don't know why I'm excited by this. The chocolate is probably waxy and the "toys" utter crap, but I've always liked the idea of Kinder eggs, and it's nice to see that someone came up with a way to sell a similar product in the US, despite our overprotective laws.

(Although, I feel I should mention that Lagomarcino's, a choclate company in Moline, IL, makes larger chocolate eggs filled inside with hand made chocolates. It's not a toy inside, but it's much better chocolate and probably should excite the adult me more than a stupid plastic toy.)

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, and besides, who knows when those backstabbing flighty bastards over at google will capriciously decide to discontinue chrome out of the blue for no conceivably sane reason.

grumblegrumblegooglereadergrumble...

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, it's terrible when a company gives something away for free, then decides to stop.

Shame on them.
How would it have been any better if they had discontinued something out of the blue they had charged money for? (which incidentally, they HAVE done to me, see below)

I would have had no problem if they had wanted to monetize it with ads or even a small subscription fee. But we're talking about a company who has 20% of their budget allocated to zany shit that will never earn them a dime just because it sounds cool to do.

But what this does is make me lose further confidence in google's willingness to stick to their guns and their other products, products they provided and encouraged me to become dependent upon both personally and professionally. Google Apps, Gmail, hell, they did this VERY thing to my company when they decided to get into radio by buying Scott Studios/Dmarc (who made the automation my radio stations run) and then unceremoniously gave the industry a collective "never mind," ceased development/support and put the assets up for sale where they got eventually bought by Scott's chief competitor who now has a near monopoly on the radio automation software market. Google is largely responsible for half the technical difficulty I've had to deal with since 2006. Not to mention how they basically just bought the place, and then fired everybody after their first halfhearted effort didn't start raining money like their web advertising did:

In February, March and April 2009 Google fired 40 of their best radio automation technicians, system builders, support staff and—yes—all but one of the software developers who wrote any SS32 source code. Since Google's decision to exit radio in February, the majority of the brains of SS32, Scott Studios and dMarc Broadcasting have been fired. We can show you the press reports, LinkedIn and Facebook pages of most of the 40 people Google terminated. Even now, WideOrbit (the competitor that bought the leftover remains - GB) hasn't announced it has hired any of them.
So spare me your sarcasm about my growing google grudge.[DOUBLEPOST=1363362087][/DOUBLEPOST]Heh, not that it will change any minds at google, but the change.org petition to keep google reader alive just passed 100,000 signatures.

I am now in Jubail, Saudi Arabia. And last night, I realized that it took flying to GERMANY for me to sleep in an actual honest to goodness bed for the first time in a year. Not a futon, not a couch, not a mattress on the floor. But an actual bed. So no matter what else happens on this trip, I have that going for me.

Someone nearby in the building was just playing that oh-so-overplayed bagpipe audio file on their computer, and now I want to watch Braveheart.

I know a girl who just got dumped by her boyfriend. I'm not that close with her, but we're ok friends. She posted a ton of statuses like "I'm so glad my friends can help get me through this" and "I don't know why some people do the things they do" etc. Then I find out the reason her boyfriend dumped her was because she had sex with another guy. I dunno. I feel like if I had a friend who cheated on his girlfriend and got dumped for it, my response would be something like "Well, no shit" but all her friends just keep writing things like "he doesn't know what he's missing out on." Just seems annoying.

I know a girl who just got dumped by her boyfriend. I'm not that close with her, but we're ok friends. She posted a ton of statuses like "I'm so glad my friends can help get me through this" and "I don't know why some people do the things they do" etc. Then I find out the reason her boyfriend dumped her was because she had sex with another guy. I dunno. I feel like if I had a friend who cheated on his girlfriend and got dumped for it, my response would be something like "Well, no shit" but all her friends just keep writing things like "he doesn't know what he's missing out on." Just seems annoying.
"He could've had you cheating on him for the rest of his life and he threw it away!"

Eeeeehhh...I'd like to know the circumstances.

To drunk to know right from wrong? That's dubious.

Looking for a good time? Totally on her.

In a bad relationship/lost its spark and wanted to get out in someway? ...still on her.

In a bad relationship/lost its spark and wanted to get out in someway? ...still on her.
I once met a woman who told me about how she felt trapped in a relationship with her fiance. So she got the best man drunk and screwed him the night before the wedding, making sure to text her fiance to come over and find them in bed together the next morning. She felt it was the only way to make sure she got out of it, because otherwise her "horrible" fiance would just forgive her for almost anything and try to work things out. Throughout the entire time she told me this story she felt she was right, because he was just so determined and in love with her that she felt suffocated. Bastard.

I decided it was probably a good idea not to try to get involved with her after that.

I once met a woman who told me about how she felt trapped in a relationship with her fiance. So she got the best man drunk and screwed him the night before the wedding, making sure to text her fiance to come over and find them in bed together the next morning. She felt it was the only way to make sure she got out of it, because otherwise her "horrible" fiance would just forgive her for almost anything and try to work things out. Throughout the entire time she told me this story she felt she was right, because he was just so determined and in love with her that she felt suffocated. Bastard.

I decided it was probably a good idea not to try to get involved with her after that.
Did you turn her down by sleeping with her best friend and texting her?

Eeeeehhh...I'd like to know the circumstances.

To drunk to know right from wrong? That's dubious.

Looking for a good time? Totally on her.

I don't know the circumstances, but I doubt its the last one given how upset she was. Also, I don't believe any level of drunkenness justifies cheating.