When I was watching Zombieland, and they had the scene in East Texas... I thought wow they actually found a spot that looks like East Texas, I'll need to look it up and see where they shot it.

Georgia. I was pretty bummed out.

Utah has a really weird blend of movies that are really just terrible and movies that are awesome. Like Con Air, Point Break, the 2003 Hulk and Octopussy. But then there's Forrest Gump, Independance Day, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, John Carter and Sandlot.

It's just weird.

(And I know not the whole movies were filmed here, just pieces. But still.)

So, I found out recently that Troll 2 was filmed in Utah and looking it up yesterday, it's not much more than an hour away from where I live! My friends and I decided a road trip is in order to visit the town that this horrible, HORRIBLE, movie came from. :)

(Have you ever looked what movies were filmed in your state? Because, Utah has quite the...colorful history.)
My town has Unforgiven and The Assassination of Jesse James by the, etc, etc, this title is too long. My province has a lot more than that, including X-Men 2.

I assume N represents just as you explained it Pez, it sounds like a arbitrary number representing disconnection from the issue. N=zero would be someone personally involved, where N=1 represents someone studying the problem or trying to fix it. whereas a large number represents a large disconnectedness.

Well I don't know if it's for sure yet. I seem to be the only candidate and in my totally unbiased opinion, I am the best person for the job. Truthfully, no one, no one can replace our current Project Coordinator. She is just goddamn outstanding. She's a natural leader and I respect her and appreciate how hard she works to no end. But I'm a great choice for the position now that she is moving on.
What would you be doing?
If you tell me "coordinating projects", I will personally drive to Alberta to smack you.

fade

Staff member
I'm from SC, so I'll go with that. I saw Tom Berringer and Bruce Willis from afar. The Substitute was shot in Charleston, and the bridge scene from the 3rd Die Hard was shot there. It's supposed to be a bridge between the US and Canada, but it was this huge scary bridge over a double river mouth in Charleston. I saw "was" because they demolished it around 2006 or so. It was a huge, scary monstrosity that had an abysmal safety rating. If you're into 10Ks, there used to be a famous one that attracted a lot of celebrities that they ran over that same bridge every year. I assume it's been moved to the new bridge, because I doubt they'd drop such a tourist attraction.

Savannah's had numerous movies filmed here (Forrest Gump and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil are the two that leap to mind immediately) - as a cop, it's pretty nifty, because they put the call out for officers to work as scene security off-duty.

Haven't had that chance yet but, y'know... ONE day...

I was living in Baton Rouge when they were filming Twilight. Woooooo
I feel your pain. We live way too near Forks, WA for my comfort. Anything Twilight related is an instant news sensation around here.[DOUBLEPOST=1362168055][/DOUBLEPOST]As far as movies shot in the state are concerned, there are way too many to list, so here's the link to Wikipedia's list. Most famously, of course, is Sleepless in Seattle, though other favorites include Harry and the Hendersons, WarGames, and An Officer and a Gentleman.

About 50 movies have been filmed in Austin, some of my favorites:

Idiocracy
Piranha
Office Space
Sin City
Predators
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
3 of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies
A Scanner Darkly
Planet Terror
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
Mortal Kombat
Kill Bill Vol 1

GasBandit

Staff member
One of our Program Directors had to bring his toddler son with him to work today. I, of course, being who I am, attempted to teach/cajole the rugrat's first word into being "YOLO."

BWA HA HA HA HA HA... ehhhhh his dad threatened to shoot me. Heh heh heh heh.

Good video. I don't do much video, I do almost all still photography, just my preference for how to capture. We do put them together as a slideshow, have lots of fun with it.

Good video. I don't do much video, I do almost all still photography, just my preference for how to capture. We do put them together as a slideshow, have lots of fun with it.
Yeah, we kinda did both video and photos. My girlfriend mostly manned the still photos, while I pointed the video at my face most of the time. Not as many strange looks as I was expecting to get.

Does Hulu Plus still have ads, even after I pay for the service? Cos if so I'm just watching as much Community for as I can for 7 days and saying fuck you to laggy video service.

fade

Staff member
Shots like that make me think that it's the DP that should tell Bale to suck it. Look how much effort and art is in that lighting. That would be a totally different scene without it.

So...twitter. Thoughts anyone? I'm debating about getting one, but as always I'm WAY late to the party. Is it still worth it to get one? Or should I pass...I mean, I have more media sites where I post than I probably should. (deviantart, 2 on facebook, tumblr, skype, here...)

Yeah, I just want thoughts, opinions.

So...twitter. Thoughts anyone? I'm debating about getting one, but as always I'm WAY late to the party. Is it still worth it to get one? Or should I pass...I mean, I have more media sites where I post than I probably should. (deviantart, 2 on facebook, tumblr, skype, here...)

Yeah, I just want thoughts, opinions.
Its all-right, commenting on things, reading things, no different from any other social media deal.

I'm just thinking it would be the easiest way to let people know what I'm doing. Like cosplay wise, I could update my facebook from Twitter or post to my tumblr. But I don't know...I can't decide.

Seriously though, the main reason I thought of doing this is just so I can tease my brother on his podcast - they read off tweets and I just want to tease him so much. I know that's wrong. But still. In my mind it's hilarious.