I hear it played on the radio around here from time to time, but it's not in heavy rotation. My dad always knew all the lyrics.

Dave

Staff member
Just got back from the Christmas party and the after party. Wife is blotto. Had to take the burning cigarette out of her passed out hand after putting her to bed.

Karaoke went well and everyone had a great time. I played one real song and then it was karaoke the rest of the night.

So tired. Night night.

GasBandit

Staff member
The other day I was explaining something to somebody at work, and someone else happened to be listening, and they told me, "Man, the way you explain things, and with your voice, you seem like you should be doing tutorials on youtube or something."

"Man, the way you explain things, and with your voice, you seem like you should be doing tutorials on youtube or something."
I got a service award once at work, which netted me a tchotchke and a little “inspirational” card that went with it (<holygrail>”Yaaaay...”</holygrail>), and when pressed for a speech (the jerks!), I just started surreptitiously reading off the card. I got about halfway through before someone noticed me glancing and asked, “Waitaminit...are you just reading that off the card?”

—Patrick

Tonight, I introduced my husband to the works of Chuck Tingle. Now some of his friends are about to receive some weird Christmas gifts. I'm sorry?

You know, I should add why this happened: Mr. Z is on our Amazon account for my Christmas present, but he has to keep erasing his searches so I don't know what it is.
Me: "If you want to throw off the algorithm, why not just put in 'Chuck Tingle'?".
Him: "?"
Me:"Type it."
The result was Mr. Z's eyes getting wider and wider, laughing until tears rolled down his face. Then he gets a look on his face and says he's calculating how much it's going to cost to send each of his friends a copy. So merry Christmas guys, and oops!

Perhaps the most ominous voicemail message I've gotten from a wrong number:

Yeah, Tom, this is Rodger. I was just wondering about the what I had to do. Don't want him to hear about the one when you call me. Just tell me you guys not to call you back. I'll talk to you later. Bye.​
The auto translate is a bit jumbled, but the message itself isn't much better. It was mumbly and hushed.

Dave

Staff member
STORY TIME!! And this is cut & pasted from Notepad++ because I had to put this in more than one place and I was NOT typing it twice. (which also explains why I have 1000 single lines instead of more descriptive paragraphs.)

So Friday night was our office holiday party. Lots of drinking, lots of singing (we did karaoke), and lots of fun.

I know this because I was the DJ and I ran it all. Killed it. KILLED. IT.

Anyway, after the party was over, we all went to a nearby local bar for the after-party.

They were slow until we got there, then the single waitress earned her damned keep. Imagine a slow night and then ONFG 50 PEOPLE WALK IN!!

Yeah, it was nuts.

So we're sitting there and drinking and having fun when one of our VPs tosses a pizza on our table and says, "There you go!"

Well, we'd already eaten so we didn't touch it. Then from behind us we hear, "Hey! Where's our pizza?"

Behind us was a table of four or five big scary looking dudes. They'd gone out for a smoke or something and the VP had just gone over to their table, grabbed the pizza, and put it on our table!

His response was, "It was just sitting there for like 15 minutes! I thought they were gone!"

Okay, there are several things wrong with this but I'll get to that.

So these guys were RIGHTLY pissed. They didn't want the pizza any longer - and do you blame them? The thing is...the kitchen was closed. No pizza for you!

Our legal team was at our table and they returned the pizza and offered to pay for their tab. We all offered to buy them beer & stuff, but they declined. The only person who didn't seem to give a shit? The VP.

So now to "What's wrong with this picture?"

EVEN IF THE GUYS HAD LEFT who takes the food off of someone's table?!?

What kind of person looks at an empty table and half-eaten food and goes, "Well then! That's mine now!"

Even when I was a hungry dishwasher at a restaurant I didn't eat the food that came back on plates! That's just gross!

It's super weird and the guy is like really, REALLY loaded. His MONEY has money. His wife actually said to me while sitting around the after-party, "I think everyone should be able to take a trip out of the country once a year."

Bitch, nobody can AFFORD to do that!

The whole situation just amazed me and made me really look at that guy in a different way. I used to really respect him, now he's just the weird rich guy that's a step away from eating food out of a garbage can like a hobo.

STORY TIME!! And this is cut & pasted from Notepad++ because I had to put this in more than one place and I was NOT typing it twice. (which also explains why I have 1000 single lines instead of more descriptive paragraphs.)

So Friday night was our office holiday party. Lots of drinking, lots of singing (we did karaoke), and lots of fun.

I know this because I was the DJ and I ran it all. Killed it. KILLED. IT.

Anyway, after the party was over, we all went to a nearby local bar for the after-party.

They were slow until we got there, then the single waitress earned her damned keep. Imagine a slow night and then ONFG 50 PEOPLE WALK IN!!

Yeah, it was nuts.

So we're sitting there and drinking and having fun when one of our VPs tosses a pizza on our table and says, "There you go!"

Well, we'd already eaten so we didn't touch it. Then from behind us we hear, "Hey! Where's our pizza?"

Behind us was a table of four or five big scary looking dudes. They'd gone out for a smoke or something and the VP had just gone over to their table, grabbed the pizza, and put it on our table!

His response was, "It was just sitting there for like 15 minutes! I thought they were gone!"

Okay, there are several things wrong with this but I'll get to that.

So these guys were RIGHTLY pissed. They didn't want the pizza any longer - and do you blame them? The thing is...the kitchen was closed. No pizza for you!

Our legal team was at our table and they returned the pizza and offered to pay for their tab. We all offered to buy them beer & stuff, but they declined. The only person who didn't seem to give a shit? The VP.

So now to "What's wrong with this picture?"

EVEN IF THE GUYS HAD LEFT who takes the food off of someone's table?!?

What kind of person looks at an empty table and half-eaten food and goes, "Well then! That's mine now!"

Even when I was a hungry dishwasher at a restaurant I didn't eat the food that came back on plates! That's just gross!

It's super weird and the guy is like really, REALLY loaded. His MONEY has money. His wife actually said to me while sitting around the after-party, "I think everyone should be able to take a trip out of the country once a year."

Bitch, nobody can AFFORD to do that!

The whole situation just amazed me and made me really look at that guy in a different way. I used to really respect him, now he's just the weird rich guy that's a step away from eating food out of a garbage can like a hobo.
"Not paying for all that stuff you throw around to look rich" is how you get rich

I curled up in many blankets to rest with the flu. Then all the cats surrounded me and sat on top of me. They are plotting.

It's rather disgusting on the roads today, and I'm starting to get a cold, so I'm "working from home" today and trying out new types of tea that I recently bought as a pre-Christmas present.
Old ginger w/black sugar is pretty tasty, and feels like it's helping my sniffles.

Dave

Staff member
Okay so this one is REALLY random.

I was just on a phone call and my other line rang, but they hung up before I could answer. Once I was finished, I called the other number back (it was a 557 phone number, which is in our university exchange so I didn't have to dial the area code). The lady that answered seemed confused and said she hadn't called. I got curious then and googled the full number including the area code and this site came up:

[redacted the address - why take the chance?]

Now, the .ch means the domain is Swiss. It has two things on it my Ghostery blocked - Google Adsense and a site analytics thing called New Relic. So I'm pretty sure it's safe, but of course if I'm wrong I can't be held liable. And my work IT department will hate me because I went there.

But the site is just...weird.

edit: So you don't have to go there, this is the text under the explanation of who owns the number:

Are you sure you don't want to come with me to get a cup of coffee? John helped himself to several pieces of pie without asking.
Interlingue is an easy and beautiful language. I was moved by this movie. He is likely to win this game. Kenneth couldn't have done it any better.
Phillip's truck just pulled up outside. To keep early hours makes you healthy.
He used to come here to take the treatment. I really don't want to eat right now. Case didn't like it. My lover works as an au pair in Italy.
I believe we have all the particulars. You get three tries to guess where I was yesterday. Are Randall and Gigi still in my office? I'm not going with you. We're still trying to figure out what to do. Do you have a calendar? I thought Barton had red hair. We were all a little hungry. Karen said it was none of my business. I want them out of here.
Suzanne seems very distant today. Don't you smoke? Mr. Jackson is a very good teacher. I arrived at the stadium at 4:00 p.m., but the game had already started. Hsuan has been acting strangely. I haven't renewed my subscription. He took me for granted.
I intend to give this to Lord. Who said it? A Mr. Smith came while you were out.
I'd like to get another opinion.
And so in that spirit, let me speak as clearly and plainly as I can about some specific issues that I believe we must finally confront together. They all knew you. I slept very well last night. What's up, kiddo? I'm tired of standing here waiting. He telephoned me again and again. I want a boyfriend. You look just like him.
Get a grip! Melinda should be here by now. Are you sure you don't mind? He seduced her with false promises. Man plans things, but the gods decide. Vicky needs a blood transfusion. The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. This high school wants to favour students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The matter is really pressing. There's something here you should see. Only animals should wear fur. How long were you and Ilya together? Leaving the children alone was sheer thoughtlessness. Autistic children don't know what boredom is. He has two women in his life. We shared everything. So does this restaurant have pilaf? When in Ukraine, I always speak Ukrainian.
You need a purpose. Belinda listened to me carefully. The room is shrouded in smoke. Does Vic like tea? It was five years ago that I graduated from college. They couldn't comprehend the seriousness of the matter.
Bring an umbrella without forgetting. Baseless speculations. I'm expecting a customer today. Don't mention it to Wolfgang. I was worried you wouldn't get here on time.

I thought Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham's baby looked more like Travis, but I have changed my mind after today.

I need (read: want) to get a multi-pet gift for my out-laws' pets--a medium/big active dog and a domestic shorthair cat... But I'm drawing a big blank on what to get. Y'all have any suggestions? I've only ever owned cats, and this dog is a bit too chewy for the unstuffed dog plushies I usually got the last one.