The mouse got into a trash bag where we'd thrown out a lot of expired medicine. Gnawed tablets scattered all over.

I'm not sure what's going to happen next.

No more houseguests!
I survived!
I didn't snap, I wasn't sarcastic, I never told them off, I didn't raise my voice.
I'm very proud of myself for functioning on my last nerve for three weeks and not breaking down.
But oh, am I exhausted.

No more houseguests!
I survived!
I didn't snap, I wasn't sarcastic, I never told them off, I didn't raise my voice.
I'm very proud of myself for functioning on my last nerve for three weeks and not breaking down.
But oh, am I exhausted.
Wild, my record for not getting antsy around house-guests is two days!

No more houseguests!
I survived!
But oh, am I exhausted.
It could be worse.

Oh wait, it just mixed up your location with Arizona. It should right itself if you restart the phone. Or get an exorcism.

Dave

Staff member
Have you tried the old trick of clenching your left thumb inside your left fist as hard as you can?
I have. It does not work. I saw someone gargling today (Jack Black in the Hot Ones video) and I thought, "I don't think I've ever told anyone this deep & dark secret of mine."

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, it doesn't work for everybody, unfortunately. It does work for some people, though. It's how I brush my tongue. It worked for Pauline too but I'm not going into details there.

I have to have two dental techs do x-rays for me, even with child size bite wings because I can only resist gagging for a few seconds before I lose it. Basically one puts it in my mouth and the other pushes the button the second the first gets her hand clear. We won't discuss the nightmare that is dental molds.

Last edited:
As a kid, I would try to see if I could touch my vocal cords with my finger while humming. Furthest I ever got was the epiglottis, because preteen me didn’t realize exactly how far down you have to go before you hit the glottis.

—Patrick

If the app isn't allowed to access your data plan (cellular on iPhones), it'll register as being off-line, and give you that error.