GasBandit

Staff member
Should I apply for the sales account manager job that is still posted?
Remember how I told you about our high salespeople turnover rate, and it was because of money?

Yeah, unless you've already got a plan to get a bunch of local leads (that aren't already somebody else's account)... I would kinda advise against it.

We still have the other stations. Really, I was "in charge" of this station in name only (hence my use of the term 'ostensibly'), as all programming decisions were made by the owner without consulting me.

I think it just got my name on it because he needed a way to justify giving me a 50% raise to stop me from quitting 3 years ago without admitting I got a raise merely to stop me from quitting. "It's not a panic move, it's just uhhhhh a well deserved promotion! Yeah!"

So, really, my day to day workload and responsibilities are largely unchanged, other than I don't have to go into the studio once a day to make sure everything's turned on and the schedule is in the right place.
I'm gonna go ahead and undo that hug on your other post.

Cajungal

Staff member
I met my new partner in third grade. She and I are very similar in terms of what we value. She believes in lots of writing, creative projects, and movement. Feeling optimistic about next year. The only weird thing about her is that she's so excited all the time that she finishes every sentence that I start.

"The folktales are arranged by..."

"BY THEME? BY REGION?"

"By theme. We read a new one every..."

"WEEK?"

"Three weeks."

It could be worse. She's like a little terrier.

I met my new partner in third grade. She and I are very similar in terms of what we value. She believes in lots of writing, creative projects, and movement. Feeling optimistic about next year. The only weird thing about her is that she's so excited all the time that she finishes every sentence that I start.

"The folktales are arranged by..."

"BY THEME? BY REGION?"

"By theme. We read a new one every..."

"WEEK?"

"Three weeks."

It could be worse. She's like a little terrier.
It . . . it took me a moment to realize you weren't reconnecting with a childhood crush.

Or coming out of the closet.

Cajungal

Staff member
Nope, still barely hetero. I don't say that because I'm close to being gay or bi. I say that because I have almost no feelings of attraction to anyone in the first place, until I get to know someone. I don't know what kind of -sexual that is.

Although I can appreciate and comment on a pleasing figure.

Nope, still barely hetero. I don't say that because I'm close to being gay or bi. I say that because I have almost no feelings of attraction to anyone in the first place, until I get to know someone. I don't know what kind of -sexual that is.

Although I can appreciate and comment on a pleasing figure.
Demisexual.

Or whatever you want to be! I don't claim to know how you feel, or anything, or how you feel about labels, but that one might apply. :)

I'll have to look into that @LittleKagsin! I figured there might be a name for it... It's not what I'd consider a big part of my identity or anything, but it's nice to have names for things sometimes.
From what I understand it's being attracted to an emotional connection basically. You're not really attracted to physicality. It's that connection you form with someone that you're attracted to. Look in to it!

Besides, even if it's not a big part of your identity, it may still help you understand yourself more/better if ever want to research it. :D

Wasn't really sure where to post this. Could be an Epic Win or a Minor Victory since I got laid. Could go in the "I just had sex" thread, but that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. Or an active thing, anyway. So, we'll do Random Crap.

So I hung out with some friends tonight, including my most recent ex. We broke up about two years ago on pretty good, amicable terms. So we've remained kind of friends. We had a one-time fling last year and...well, it happened again tonight. The whole night, we were joking and there was a bit of flirting tonight and the last few days in private chats. And she wore a jaw-dropping sundress (partly on purpose, she admitted). So we got to talking as I drove her home and she asked if I wanted to come back to her place. So...yeah.

Funny thing, though. Last year, she put the kibosh on a potential friends-with-benefits situation. She wasn't emotionally prepared for something like that. This time, it was me. I realized that it wouldn't be healthy. I felt it was more intimate this time. We wound up having a long heart-to-heart (heh, in between rounds) and I realized that I wasn't in love with her and that, realistically speaking, it wouldn't work out with us in the long run. Not sure I'd turn down another fun thing like tonight, but definitely not a relationship. She feels the same way. There are too many conflicting things between us. She has a MAJOR need to have kids (she said it dwarfs even her need to be married or be with someone). And she doesn't want to live in the city, whereas I do.

Thinking about it more, I look back and realize we got together in the first place largely because we were BOTH feeling very lonely and needy. I was, for example, still feeling raw and hurt from my last breakup that involved a LOT of drama (some that bled onto here). And we jumped into things way too fast. Two years later and I realize we're not as needy or lonely. Horny, sure, but it was different. And I think we both realized we wouldn't work out in the long run.

The "win" may not be so much that you got laid (though, of course, hey, good for you:D), but that you've grown enough to see that pursuing this wouldn't lead to much in the future. Self-knowledge, etc etc.

I accidentally traumatized my cat. I took a long weekend to visit my parents. I drove up on Thursday night and Friday morning the alarm on my Fire tablet went off. It did not stop until I turned it off Sunday afternoon. So the damn thing blared its alarm for three damned days.

Normally when I come home from a long weekend my cat is happy to see me. After three hours I searched all her hidey holes. I finally found her half way up a book shelf on the far end of the house from the alarm. I kinda feared that she was dead.

My girlfriend is snoring like a chainsaw. I worry that she has sleep apnea. She's too fit to be snoring this loudly otherwise.