On an unrelated note, have you enjoyed driving a sedan all these years?

Too bad. The market has spoken and everybody's gonna drive an SUV or a truck.
My mother continuously insists that I should have an SUV, regardless of how many times I tell her I hate big cars. But I *am* clearly in the minority based on the way I am always surrounded by huge SUVs in every parking lot.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. That's the day I change to the next phase of food I can eat. As I mentioned, eggs will now be on the menu. And so is peanut butter (creamy)! But you know what isn't? Bread. Or crackers, or anything else you'd normally use as a platform for eating peanut butter. What do I do, eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon like some kind of savage?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. That's the day I change to the next phase of food I can eat. As I mentioned, eggs will now be on the menu. And so is peanut butter (creamy)! But you know what isn't? Bread. Or crackers, or anything else you'd normally use as a platform for eating peanut butter. What do I do, eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon like some kind of savage?
All of my ideas involve things that would not help you lose weight. But eating it off a spoon is always an option too. Protein! :p

Coincidentally, this was just published today: If you can't beat them, join them...Lamborghini joins the SUV set
What do I do, eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon like some kind of savage?
Yes! Yes, you do!
And you should pee while standing up in the shower, too!
Put your milk back in the fridge when there's only a smidge left! Get crazy!

--Patrick

Peanut butter omelette?

GasBandit

Staff member
Done it, it's OK. I recommend using powdered peanut butter (I think the most stocked brands are PBFit and PB2), it's much easier to mix and fold into a recipe than normal peanut butter, and higher in protein IIRC.
Or I might just wrap a regular omelette around a gob of peanut butter, take three bites and throw the rest out.

But the article as notes that Asian automakers are still making sedans and aren't planning on stopping. It said the Camry was the best-selling car in America. So I guess if you want a Ameri an sedan, you're s.o.l.. Meanwhile, I'll be very happy with my Toyota. I'm not a fan of SUVs.

GasBandit

Staff member
You should post a list of approved foods and let us come up with recipes. I know Tin will be amazing at this.
It's only for 2 weeks, and my kitchen, uh... doesn't function at the moment. Other than the microwave.

So it'd be more like I'm smuggling peanut butter into the IHOP for my omelette.

Done it, it's OK. I recommend using powdered peanut butter (I think the most stocked brands are PBFit and PB2), it's much easier to mix and fold into a recipe than normal peanut butter, and higher in protein IIRC.
Depends on the brands. I have Jif Creamy and PB2 Powdered. The serving size is the same (2 tbsp), Jif clocks in at 190 calories (130 from fat), with 16g of fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 135mg Sodium, 8g Total Carb, 2g Fiber, 3g Sugar, 7g Protein. PB2 is 45 calories (13 from fat), <0.01mg Cholesterol, 94mg Sodium, 5g Total Carb, 2g Fiber, 1g Sugar, 5g Protein.

They at least sound less reprehensible than the ideas *I* came up with.
I changed my mind about being mean this time.[DOUBLEPOST=1516223484,1516223377][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's only for 2 weeks, and my kitchen, uh... doesn't function at the moment. Other than the microwave.

So it'd be more like I'm smuggling peanut butter into the IHOP for my omelette.
Did you spend the last few years of not using your kitchen randomly dismantling your stove?

GasBandit

Staff member
I changed my mind about being mean this time.
Or were you worried I'd start asking for volunteers? :p

Did you spend the last few years of not using your kitchen randomly dismantling your stove?
Well, I mean, I can move the stuff I piled on it off of it, and though I haven't used it in a couple years, I'm pretty sure it'll work (though I have no proof of that). But there's the dishes issue I told you about in hangouts. Also I'm pretty sure I've misplaced all but two of my pans, and those are probably full of cat food.

fade

Staff member
Don't they just call that "crushed peanuts"?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It says "peanut butter powder" on my jar. Don't know if 'crushed' would be a good descriptor for it, though, since this stuff is basically a dust (when my brain hears crushed it pictures crumbly/unevenly-grained textures).

Nope. Peanut powder is like powdered milk - most of the fat is removed, making it mostly protein, as well as shelf stable.

Haven’t tried it myself, but I understand some use it because they like peanut butter but have cut out fat.[DOUBLEPOST=1516226371,1516225985][/DOUBLEPOST]
But the article as notes that Asian automakers are still making sedans and aren't planning on stopping. It said the Camry was the best-selling car in America.
Quite like the problem with movies, if you spend a lot you’ll make a lot more than if you target smaller less popular movies with lower budgets, the American automotive industry has discovered that bigger more expensive cars yield bigger profits. Like Apple they’re also still segmenting their market - want the latest features in the car? Sorry, they are only available in the full size, suv, and trucks.

Peanut butter omelette?
Peanut butter goes with everything. I've gone on record several times about this.
Nope. Peanut powder is like powdered milk - most of the fat is removed, making it mostly protein, as well as shelf stable.
It still has plenty of peanut flavor and is mostly protein and fiber. So anything you put it in is going to taste like peanuts...which is fine for things that can taste like peanuts, but maybe not so great for things like Jell-O pudding, tacos, etc.
And you guys have only got the barest glimpse.
No, I've been there. I had to hotwire my then-girlfriend's amygdala to get her to help me clean up after the dishes had been sitting there over a month. I think I mentioned it. It wasn't pretty.
Like Apple they’re also still segmenting their market - want the latest features in the car? Sorry, they are only available in the full size, suv, and trucks.
And even then, only with a subscription.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
NOT THAT KIND OF GROOMING YOU SHITS.

I meant preparing her to be Traffic Director, and dealing with office politics and learning how to deal with other department heads and stick up for herself and stuff... that's separate from training her on the software and stuff.