The Random Crap Thread 2: It Hits the Fan.

fade

Staff member
Reactions
201 24 0
I just realized something. I don't think I've ever purchased a keyboard or a mouse. There are always free ones to be had.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
1,134 237 4
I just realized something. I don't think I've ever purchased a keyboard or a mouse. There are always free ones to be had.
I was like that, until my wrists started giving me trouble 20 years ago. After that I had to go in for more ergonomic solutions. And I became a convert of fancier mice with extra buttons and stuff when voice chat became a mandatory part of online gaming.

Reactions
245 24 1
He looks like a bit of a light-weight.
When I was just a lad looking for my true vocation
My father said "Now, son, this choice deserves deliberation
Though you could be a doctor or perhaps a financier
My boy, why not consider a more challenging career?"

Reactions
341 91 14
When I was just a lad looking for my true vocation
My father said "Now, son, this choice deserves deliberation
Though you could be a doctor or perhaps a financier
My boy, why not consider a more challenging career?"
When I was a young boy
My father took me into the city
to see a marching band.
He said son when you grow up,
could you be the savior
of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?

Reactions
222 83 0
So I woke up this morning to a ballistic missile threat warning. On phones, on TV, the warning system at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam...

It was a false alarm.

I don't know if it's a rant or epic win because I'm pissed this happened and I'm so happy it was nothing. Fucking scary as hell.

Reactions
222 83 0
Thanks. It was pretty awful. I wasn't too worried about it until the big voice system on the base started broadcasting to shelter in place. There is no community plan for what to do in the event of a missile launch other than to get to a windowless room with your emergency supplies. That is literally no room in the downstairs of our house.

edit: because I'm still wired and it's affecting my grammar.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
509 183 3
So I woke up this morning to a ballistic missile threat warning. On phones, on TV, the warning system at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam...

It was a false alarm.

I don't know if it's a rant or epic win because I'm pissed this happened and I'm so happy it was nothing. Fucking scary as hell.
I sure did think of you when I saw this. Man, what a fuck up.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
1,134 237 4
Uh, so maybe, stay away from Romaine lettuce for a hot minute, you guys.[DOUBLEPOST=1515893010,1515892773][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks. It was pretty awful. I wasn't too worried about it until the big voice system on the base started broadcasting to shelter in place. There is no community plan for what to do in the event of a missile launch other than to get to a windowless room with your emergency supplies. That is literally no room in the downstairs of our house.

edit: because I'm still wired and it's affecting my grammar.

fade

Staff member
Reactions
201 24 0
Oy it's always rough to see someone accidentally drop the F bomb on SNL. Surprised they didn't catch it with the delay.

figmentPez

Staff member
Reactions
605 47 1
Or just do a better job of washing your greens, you filthy animals :p
Consumer Reports "Washing Your Greens Won't Protect Against E. Coli"

"According to James Rogers, Ph.D., director of Food Safety and Research at Consumer Reports, if E. coli (or any other type of bacteria that can cause food poisoning) is present in your produce, washing it won’t remove all of those organisms. And it doesn’t take much bacteria to make you sick.

"'It is very difficult to remove bacteria from leafy greens,' he says. 'Bacteria have the ability to adhere to the surface of the leaves, and to get stuck in microscopic crevices.' E. coli bacteria can even find their way into the interior of your produce."

Reactions
143 1 3