Combination whine and minor victory. Had a flat batter when I was trying to leave for work. Had to wait nearly three hours for AAA to show up for a jump. Battery was too weak to test, but the car started. There was barely enough juice to keep the car running, but definitely not up to getting on the interstate, so I pulled right into the AutoZone for a new one. That's where I learned the old battery was not two years old like I thought, but TWELVE.
TIL - you found a job! Nice.

figmentPez

Staff member
Random bit from my files:
---
Post Apocalyptic YouTube Surivial Team Thread

Adam Savage - because Mythbusting
Alton Brown - because we need to eat
Cody's Lab - Beekeeping, farming, metallurgy
Arduinos Vs Evil - electric and electronic fuckery
JoergSprave - bows, crossbows and unconventional weaponry
Skallagrim - hand weapons and combat training
Taofladermaus - shotguns and ammo manufacture
Pracitcal Engineering - civil engineering
Emily Graslie, The Brain Scoop - Biologist
Simone Giertz - presumably she can build things that aren't shitty robots

We need more ladies!
---

I don't think I'll ever make this into a thread, whatever fire put the idea in my head has gone out. But who knows, someday we may need to glue society back together with PAYST

Need ZF-Cyanide for morale.
Sure, until he fumbles a grenade into the cook fire everyone's sitting around.[DOUBLEPOST=1507087168,1507086888][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd add J Neilson because he's a master blacksmith and bladesmith, he does a series of instructional videos and is one of the judges on Forged in Fire.

Part of me would suggest adding a bunch of cosplay models for... reasons... but that sort of just highlights the fact that the only reason any of them would spent time with the likes of me was because it was literally the end of the world and they had to. And that's depressing.

GasBandit

Staff member
My boss quietly reminded me today not to kidnap my new underling and keep her chained up in my basement.

Sheesh, what people think of me!

My boss quietly reminded me today not to kidnap my new underling and keep her chained up in my basement.

Sheesh, what people think of me!
Seriously. Chains cause serious chafing injuries. Silk ribbons, now, that's what you bind a sex prisoner with.

At least according to things I've read.

Exactly! I pointed this out. :p

Really, it's a safe bet to assume most anyone who lives in Texas won't have a basement. I had to put the sex dungeon over the garage!
The bonus is that the carbon monoxide leaks from the garage will keep her nice and compliant.

figmentPez

Staff member
Exactly! I pointed this out. :p

Really, it's a safe bet to assume most anyone who lives in Texas won't have a basement. I had to put the sex dungeon over the garage!
No basement, no pool.... Just what kind of exotic redhead shelter are you running there?

GasBandit

Staff member
No basement, no pool.... Just what kind of exotic redhead shelter are you running there?
... The kind that doesn't have fungus, flooding, and cryptosporidium?

Besides, it isn't so much a "shelter" as it is a... "containment facility."

It's like the only rule from How to Care for Your Redhead he's following is "no direct sunlight". Tsk, tsk.
Lady, I got a dog crate with your name on it.

GasBandit

Staff member
And this guy has been to my house. :eek:
I̠̯̻̭̮ ̛͖̗̳̰͉k͇̦͔̣͉̹n̥͉͇̹̮͙͠o̼̰̖w ҉̲͔̣͕ͅw̬̰͘ẖ̴̹̻͉̘͙̦e͎̹̪r̤̯͖̩e ̝̣̝̯y̨ơ̹͚̬u͓͕̱̞̟͕ ͖̻̼̥̣̭̮l͡i̷̭̟͇̮v̶͈̜͎̰e̴̠͍̹̩̜
͉̻̘̳̼̟
̠̘͇̘̦̤͘I̳͎̖ ̪̭͕̩̥a̜̹̮͖̻̳m̪̠͚͓͘ s̟͇̻̙͙̳ti̦̜͙ḻ̘͓̮̥͕̰͡l ̝̺͇t̠h̸͙̖̲̲͕e̬̟r͖̯e̷͉̭̠
̨̟̼̤̖̥͖
̻̬̥̥̣͖͍

:)

I̠̯̻̭̮ ̛͖̗̳̰͉k͇̦͔̣͉̹n̥͉͇̹̮͙͠o̼̰̖w ҉̲͔̣͕ͅw̬̰͘ẖ̴̹̻͉̘͙̦e͎̹̪r̤̯͖̩e ̝̣̝̯y̨ơ̹͚̬u͓͕̱̞̟͕ ͖̻̼̥̣̭̮l͡i̷̭̟͇̮v̶͈̜͎̰e̴̠͍̹̩̜
͉̻̘̳̼̟
̠̘͇̘̦̤͘I̳͎̖ ̪̭͕̩̥a̜̹̮͖̻̳m̪̠͚͓͘ s̟͇̻̙͙̳ti̦̜͙ḻ̘͓̮̥͕̰͡l ̝̺͇t̠h̸͙̖̲̲͕e̬̟r͖̯e̷͉̭̠
̨̟̼̤̖̥͖
̻̬̥̥̣͖͍

:)
I saw this on the main screen as a preview and thought my phone had died lol.

Whew! It is dry as a bone around here. My wife and I have both noticed our water consumption going up since moving, but even with the increased consumption it hasn't been enough. So last night I went humidity hunting. There's a Weather Underground weather station less than a block from our house (which is good, because it saves me having to buy one), so I checked the local humidity first - 10% - then checked the weather station nearest our old apartments - 46% - yeah... little bit of a difference.

GasBandit

Staff member
While I was at wallgreens getting some meds and sundries, I spied this on the shelf (ironic that the website says NOT AVAILABLE IN STORES), and I figured, eh, 20 bucks? I'll give it a try. I have a wallet, and I have a phone charger battery, but to combine the two to one item would be handy.

Well, I flip through the manual leaflet, and hilariously, the "STORAGE" portion of the directions slips in "It is not recommended to carry the wallet in a pants pocket."

WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO CARRY IT, UP MY NOSE?

I'll just carry it in my pocket anyway, and if it blows up or something, I'll sue and retire :p

PS: Looks like I probably bought a lemon. Ah well.

Dear client,

When you ask me for video proof that a specific car entered your site on a given day, it's no use complaining that I sent an image of a grey car while you were looking for a blue one...If the camera you have trained on your gate is in gray-scale.

"Ah, I see you chose black and white cameras for the security installation. We should discuss your needs again and see if upgrading to color cameras might be useful for you in the future."

Always try to turn unwarranted complaints into sales.

"Ah, I see you chose black and white cameras for the security installation. We should discuss your needs again and see if upgrading to color cameras might be useful for you in the future."

Always try to turn unwarranted complaints into sales.
Actually, it's more or less "we switched your camera's to B/W instead of color because that means our software has a better chance of detecting things in the dark - higher contrast. This because we failed to find a bunch of thieves a few months ago, as you probably remembered".