Woke up to something that makes me feel old: I quoted Community and the 1990s Ninja Turtles movie in two different articles on a website (Gamespot). Both times, people responding didn't know i was quoting something and took it completely at face value.

Someone said, "Anyone remember The Cape?" to which I responded, "Six seasons and a movie!" He went on this long tirade about the show, not realizing I quoted Community.

In an article about an upcoming cricket video game, I naturally quoted Ninja Turtles. "Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket!" And someone responded thinking I was serious.

What are we teaching kids these days!? How do they not recognize those quotes?!

In an article about an upcoming cricket video game, I naturally quoted Ninja Turtles. "Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket!" And someone responded thinking I was serious.
Mr. Z just started a job where 95% of his co-workers are Indian/Indian American. This quote comes up quite a bit now.

So, I was watching a Bill Cosby routine about the birth of his first child, and he delivered this line: "I'm in my Ferrari - my seventeen thousand dollar Ferrari."

Inflation is a crazy thing.

Ordered a blu ray on no rush cause I wanted the sale, but I'm not home this weekend.

It was delivered the next day. It might be in the mailbox, but if it was left at the door, it's anyone's guess if it remains there from Thursday to Sunday night.

Did anyone succeed in acquiring Schezuan sauce today? r/RickAndMorty reports total shitshows across the country. I tried right as the only store in town carrying any was turning over from breakfast to lunch. They weren't starting until 2pm. Nope. Work night. Not going to wait that long.

Did anyone succeed in acquiring Schezuan sauce today? r/RickAndMorty reports total shitshows across the country. I tried right as the only store in town carrying any was turning over from breakfast to lunch. They weren't starting until 2pm. Nope. Work night. Not going to wait that long.
The binging with babish guy basically figured out how to make it and said it was mediocre.

The only place in Columbus, OH that was giving the sauce away was the McDonald's right off OSU Campus.

During Homecoming. At one of the rowdiest football schools in the country. I had planned to give it a try and was two blocks away, but all I could see was a THRONG of drunk people shoving each other around.

I feel a bit denied. They could have done this much better.

We're just getting regular rain, light wind, no worries on that front.

Things aren't okay. They aren't going to be okay for the foreseeable future. But I have a lot less to deal with than a lot of people here, so I don't really want to talk about it. I'm just having a bad brain day.

I hope your brain gets better. Brains are responsible for, like, 80% of all the decisions we make. Maybe more.

--Patrick
Yeah. I mean I flipped the bird to a spoon I dropped while I was stirring my tea, so yeah, I've been kind of irritable.

Next time don't lean up against the netting while they're raising it!
(I tried to find a video with "I believe I can fly" played on tuba or something, but nope)

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
Yeah. I mean I flipped the bird to a spoon I dropped while I was stirring my tea, so yeah, I've been kind of irritable.
I flipped the bird to my morning pee stream, because I could swear I was properly aimed. But it had other plans.

So as I said elsewhere, my girlfriend is currently in Morocco for her work. She's in Marrakesh, to be precise - far out in the middle of the Sahara.

Now, come on, take a guess, what weather is she having?

Yup, that's right. It's raining. :rofl:

Don't know, something of a victory, something of a whine, something of a rant so it ends up here.

Yesterday, I had a one-on-one conversation with the CEO about my position here at the company, I complained about my boss, some of the expectations, some of the problems I've had,...
Today, a more-than-three-hour conversation with my boss and another manager about my future in the company and our working together and so on.
Cleared the air a bit, I guess, though I still don't know if I can - or want - to continue working here.

Victory for daring to go to the CEO and unequivocally and clearly say "I don't want to keep working like this".
Rant for "oh joy, now my boss knows I think he's a dickwad".
Whine for "oh shit I'm going to have to look for new work, probably, aren't I?"

They can't fix what they don't know about, and when people leave a position due to unhappiness it's most frequently due to management issues.

Here's hoping the CEO cares enough to fix the problem...

fade

Staff member
I was just telling my kids one of the things they take for granted is a quiet car interior. They don't believe this is a relatively recent thing. To me, it just seems like yesterday that they were advertising this as a luxury car feature. Now most cars (except things like Jeep Wranglers) are quiet inside.

Dave

Staff member
I can't stand the people who work at my doctor's office. The doctor is amazing, but the office staff are a bunch of idiots.

They left a message on my home phone that said, "Please call the office, we need to discuss your lab results."

I've called and left messages, but they haven't been calling me back. They've done this to me before on tests that "they needed to speak with me urgently" and it's turned out to be nothing. And when my wife went in they didn't give her any instructions on how to do a procedure she needed. The pharmacist ended up teaching her all she needed to know.

So I wonder what they've found in my labs...

They can't fix what they don't know about, and when people leave a position due to unhappiness it's most frequently due to management issues.
Middle managers may turn to unethical behavior to face unrealistic expectations
It became clear to middle managers that there was no way their people could meet these goals. They got really creative because their bonuses are tied to what their people do, or because they didn't want to lose their jobs. Middle managers exploited vulnerabilities they identified in the organization to come up with ways to make it look like their workers were achieving goals when they weren't.
--Patrick