M

makare

"you don't have to flash your dick in the street to know there is something wrong in a country when you are not allowed to flash your dick in the street."

A Facebook friend (acquaintance) put up this up...

Then I replied...

The ones on the left are in a church service, the one on the right is praying for his own personal glory. He also thinks God cares if any other football team than the Cowboys win.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. -Jesus

She erased my post with in a minute, after I got a couple of likes.

I was actually unaware somebody had an issue with Tebow's praying to the point that it wasn't "ok."
Hah, yeah, I'm sure there are a couple idiots out there making a big deal about it, and then suddenly it's "OH NO! WAR ON CHRISTIANS! WE ARE SO OPPRESSED!"

Playing the victim isn't the new black, it's the old black made new again.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hah, yeah, I'm sure there are a couple idiots out there making a big deal about it, and then suddenly it's "OH NO! WAR ON CHRISTIANS! WE ARE SO OPPRESSED!"

Playing the victim isn't the new black, it's the old black made new again.
Well, it IS true that Christianity is the only religion it's politically correct to belittle.

Well, it IS true that Christianity is the only religion it's politically correct to belittle.
I would like to argue that Christianity can be both ridiculed and teased whereas Islam and Judaism and others can only be ridiculed since people do not know enough to poke fun at them. Given that plenty of people get upset at Christianity being ridiculed, I think none of them appear to be politically correct to ridicule but Christianity does get poked fun at more often since people are more familiar with it.

As a Christian I am offended that he says the things he does. Like giving credit that Jesus influences his wins. Also that he flatly ignores one of the commands of the man that the religion is named for.

I would like to argue that Christianity can be both ridiculed and teased whereas Islam and Judaism and others can only be ridiculed since people do not know enough to poke fun at them. Given that plenty of people get upset at Christianity being ridiculed, I think none of them appear to be politically correct to ridicule but Christianity does get poked fun at more often since people are more familiar with it.
On familiarity for humour:

GasBandit

Staff member
Man... half that guy's commentary is unintelligible mushmouthism. Summadoidaguy call mohammad? EvenifHYOUloodastuffup, da audience... daHAVEN'T. And the boing you CAN'T do in comedy is tongasbootda-oddia don't know.

Microsoft Word requested to send my dictionary changes off to them.

No, Microsoft. You guys have enough problems without Word being stuffed full of gobbledegook and bastardizations.

We gave Jet a lightsaber for Christmas.

This has been a mistake.

At first he was content just to flick the thing on and off and declare himself a jedi in a half whisper while jumping on the couch during the movie. However, he now thirsts for combat.

I was just minding my own business when I was whacked across the back with the bloody thing. I turned to reprimand him to find he had put on his black jacket and hat with a skull on it (the overall effect is offset by his Lightning Mcqueen PJs). I tell him that hitting is bad.

He look at me with a small smirk and whispers. "I am a BAD Jedi."

He hits me again and screams "MY POWER!"...then runs away.

My God, What have we done?!

We gave Jet a lightsaber for Christmas.

This has been a mistake.

At first he was content just to flick the thing on and off and declare himself a jedi in a half whisper while jumping on the couch during the movie. However, he now thirsts for combat.

I was just minding my own business when I was whacked across the back with the bloody thing. I turned to reprimand him to find he had put on his black jacket and hat with a skull on it (the overall effect is offset by his Lightning Mcqueen PJs). I tell him that hitting is bad.

He look at me with a small smirk and whispers. "I am a BAD Jedi."

He hits me again and screams "MY POWER!"...then runs away.

My God, What have we done?!
This is the greatest story ever told.

Seeing as this is the random thread anyway, I'm going to springboard off this (which is awesome, BTW Sin).

In the official cannon, are the Sith a race, or is it the line of Darths (master/apprentice)?

With the Old Republic becoming more and more cannonized, they have the sith as an entire race and dark jedi everywhere (then again, so do the Jedi Knight games and I think Kyle Katarn is officially cannon now), so is there any explination of how the Sith evolved from being a full fledged group of people to being only 2 given keepers of the dark side at any given time?

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation, but to be fair, The Old Republic calls "cyborg" a race so I'm not sure we should be taking it too seriously.