But I know what's going on, Stuart! It's the queers! They're in it with the aliens! They're building landing strips in Des Moines for gay Martians! I SWEAR TO GOD!
Sounds like someone doesn't know the difference between "represent" and "warrant (v.t.)."

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
One of the things I am doing for my health is exercising during my lunch. Nothing too bad - we play ping pong from 11 to about 12:15. Good for reflexes and cardio. Today there were four of us playing and a student came wandering in. We've seen him before and asked if he wanted to play. He said no but was enjoying watching us. After he left I noticed that my boss's wallet was on the floor. Uh oh. So I tell him to check quick and sure enough, one of his credit cards was missing. I rushed out & stopped the guy while my boss went to the guard room - which just happened to be two doors down from the rec room. While herding him to the guard shack, the dude threw something into the recycle bin. And when we called him on it, he went in and threw it under one of the machines - which the boss also saw him do. Turns out the guys fully confessed once the cops got there and he was caught on video.

Now comes the fun part - he's a scholarship basketball player at our school and there was pressure to NOT charge him, but my boss is pressing charges. So he'll probably not see any jail time since he never got to USE the card (although I did tell my boss to cancel the card since he could have taken pictures of the back & front to sell or use online), but he's going to lose his scholarship and will possibly be expelled. But he also will be ineligible to play basketball here, so he'd be paying for school himself now anyway.

How fucking dumb can you be? You get a free ride to go to school and you throw it all away. Why? Such a fucking waste.

GasBandit

Staff member
The currently running Home Depot radio spot is pushing wood-patterned tile. I suddenly listened more closely when the phrase "and that means you can put it where wood isn't supposed to go."

Somebody did that on purpose. I'm sure.

I'm having trouble getting the image off of Facebook, but apparently a certain Hub released statistics on the most searched-for terms in the U.S. by state.

Not surprisingly, "lesbian" is the most popular in 30 states. I'm amused that some people are taking this to mean there are more women on the site than thought, while others are taking it to mean "America less gay than I thought." ???

In any case, the other big ones were ... "stepsister" and "stepmom" and "ebony". Hooboy!

I think that was it--except Tennessee had "cartoons." I propose Tennessee from now on be known as the hentai state.

I'm having trouble getting the image off of Facebook, but apparently a certain Hub released statistics on the most searched-for terms in the U.S. by state.

Not surprisingly, "lesbian" is the most popular in 30 states. I'm amused that some people are taking this to mean there are more women on the site than thought, while others are taking it to mean "America less gay than I thought." ???

In any case, the other big ones were ... "stepsister" and "stepmom" and "ebony". Hooboy!

I think that was it--except Tennessee had "cartoons." I propose Tennessee from now on be known as the hentai state.
I had to go to the Daily Fail, but here you go...

fade

Staff member
I'm having lately a--what do they call it?--a moment of clarity. I'm starting to realize my life is too filled with regret and cynicism. These have become things I almost take pride in, and I realize I need to stop. This is all me, and I'm letting it leak onto other people. I have a choice--regret decisions I made that cannot be changed in the past, or move on. Sometimes, these regrets grow from silly small things. For example I deeply regret giving up my professorship. I'm not 100% sure even why I did it. But even today I throw in "I used to be a professor" when I talk professionally. I should let all this past stuff go and live now.

fade

Staff member
Future, The Weekend... Is a time period a new artist naming trend? I'm going to name my group Tuesday, Shortly before Lunch.

Future, The Weekend... Is a time period a new artist naming trend? I'm going to name my group Tuesday, Shortly before Lunch.
Albums include:
The hungriest time
Brunch
I forgot it's trash day
Better than Monday, but only just
Unending meeting

Bare bones of a convo with my pal today.

Friend: Yo dude if two dudes in a van come by your house-DON'T let them in!

Me: What the FUCK man? WHAT TWO GUYS?! WHO ARE THEY?

Friend: I don't know, I just heard there were guys like that.

Me:...not ...two guys you know specifically.

Friend: No.

Me:Your phraseology needs work.

Seriously though he's a good egg.

Cajungal

Staff member
Now that @Dave has told us about his weird racist relative, I'm constantly looking out for arguments between them on facebook. I was entertained this morning.

0x2C or not 0x2C, that is the question.

Happy birthday, I presume! If so, you're approximately 10% older than me. Share your wisdom, what new thing have you learned in the last four years that I would benefit from?
It ain't my birthday. That was sports related.

Wisdom:

Don't drink booze in bed.

Do it now! I'll probably kill you in the morning.

Kraft does not make cheese.

Your bathroom scale is accurate to 2.2 lbs, not 0.2.

Read a book.

Nobody gives a shit about what you are going to do.

Dave

Staff member
Now that @Dave has told us about his weird racist relative, I'm constantly looking out for arguments between them on facebook. I was entertained this morning.
Do you like my thinly veiled sarcasm? He was almost reasonable this time. I think he's all out of mouth froth.

It ain't my birthday. That was sports related.

Wisdom:

Don't drink booze in bed.

Do it now! I'll probably kill you in the morning.

Kraft does not make cheese.

Your bathroom scale is accurate to 2.2 lbs, not 0.2.

Read a book.

Nobody gives a shit about what you are going to do.

This is great stuff. I'm having vision problems, though, and I find learning new things is better if I repeat what I've learned, so can you check my work in case my eyes are misleading me?

Don't drink cheese.
Do it now, not when you're 2.2lb heavier.
Kraft does not make books.
Your bathroom scale cares about what you are going to do.
Read booze in bed.
Nobody will kill you in the morning.