fade

Staff member
I have some Zennis. I usually wear contacts, so I'm okay with them, but the chromatic aberrations are pretty noticeable to me. Maybe they've gotten better.

Dave

Staff member
So I obviously got a new addon that shows a brief snippet from the thread. Now, you can do either first post (which is set to now) or the most recent post. Any preference?

You ever notice that Man-bat is almost exactly the same as The Lizard? Like, almost word for word, the only difference being what animals they turn into. Why does this bother me more than both Marvel and DC having Scarecrow villains who use fear chemicals?

fade

Staff member
You ever notice that Man-bat is almost exactly the same as The Lizard? Like, almost word for word, the only difference being what animals they turn into. Why does this bother me more than both Marvel and DC having Scarecrow villains who use fear chemicals?
Yeah, but stuff happens all the time. You got your collective conscious driven simultaneous development (everyone is talking DNA, so mutants it is), stories inspired by other stories (both are similar to The Fly, which is much older), and then you've got deliberate knock-offs (Lobo as a parody of Wolverine, Wade Wilson parodying Slade Wilson who is clearly a Captain America gone bad who is inspired by real life Nazi super soldier writings).

Yeah, but stuff happens all the time. You got your collective conscious driven simultaneous development (everyone is talking DNA, so mutants it is), stories inspired by other stories (both are similar to The Fly, which is much older), and then you've got deliberate knock-offs (Lobo as a parody of Wolverine, Wade Wilson parodying Slade Wilson who is clearly a Captain America gone bad who is inspired by real life Nazi super soldier writings).
Don't forget Clark Kent.

--Patrick