Dave

Staff member
He responded, but he totally ignored every point I tried to make. How can something be so sad and funny at the same time?

@Dave, I am very sorry you have to deal with that kind of special. I have a couple of family members that make my eyes want to roll out of their sockets, but they aren't quite as far gone as your brother (to my knowledge, anyway).

Meanwhile... "American Indian"? Are we talking Native American, or Indian-American/Asian-American? Because I can guarantee our last name is more common and easier to pronounce than "Nihsen", so by your brother's rules, can myself or @Jesterboom run for president? ;)

Meanwhile... "American Indian"? Are we talking Native American, or Indian-American/Asian-American? Because I can guarantee our last name is more common and easier to pronounce than "Nihsen", so by your brother's rules, can myself or @Jesterboom run for president? ;)
I could get Aussie to run. Our last name is Blair. And he's half Mexican. Think that would that throw Dave's brother into a foaming-at-the-mouth seizure?

@Dave, I am very sorry you have to deal with that kind of special. I have a couple of family members that make my eyes want to roll out of their sockets, but they aren't quite as far gone as your brother (to my knowledge, anyway).

You shall have my vote.

My wife just said "Anya, stop being a nun and start playing with the damn pole."

Get your minds out of the gutter.

Anya is our cat and she was hiding under our curtains with her head popping out (which makes her look like a nun) while my wife had a cat toy in her hands.

Cajungal

Staff member
Awwww, momma. Liking my facebook photos right after I post them. Texting me about an update she found funny or cute. It's the grownup version of seeing your shitty art on the fridge.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, but you have to buy the games as well. I thought they were burned in as ROMS. Not worth it for me.

Yeah, but you have to buy the games as well. I thought they were burned in as ROMS. Not worth it for me.
Yes, but for people who still have all of their classic games (like I do) then it's a steal. You can just buy a Flash Cart like a PowerPak ($135), an EverDrive ($108) if you aren't interested in actually playing your collection. Those let you load games into the cart for play via SD card. Yes, that's an expensive investment but some original game carts cost a ton these days... for instance, my copy of Duck Tales 2 (with booklet) is currently going for around $160 dollars. My Earthbound is $190. It's cheaper if you want to play rare games on your TV, unless you're willing to run a cable from a laptop/pc to your TV and just buy a USB classic controller.

The Retron 5 is basically made for people who like classic games and playing them in a classic fashion but who don't want to keep 5-6 systems hooked up to their TV all the time or don't want to keep a cathode TV around to play their games. It's a limited but growing market... I'd get one once they start putting out systems that can emulate disc based systems.[DOUBLEPOST=1456463870,1456463495][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hardcore as cartridges were, they don't last forever, so purchasing them today can be a gamble.
Actually, most of the time all you need to do to repair a cartridge is replace the battery (which are only good for around 20 years though some do hang on), assuming the battery didn't leak onto the board or something. Most NES, SNES, and Genesis carts use Mask ROMs to hold their data and the process to make them literally burns the data into silica dies that will last basically forever. Some rare ones use EPROMs, which DO suffer bit decay, but those are the vast minority... basically all well cared for carts can be repaired fairly easily.

Was she one of those "Poison" deals where they made her a man because they felt hitting a woman was wrong, or was she always intended to be a cross dresser?

Was she one of those "Poison" deals where they made her a man because they felt hitting a woman was wrong, or was she always intended to be a cross dresser?
Pretty sure Bridget has always been a boy, and in game is referred to as a he. I'm not an expert on guilty gear lore, but I think he was born in a village where twins of the same gender was considered an ill omen, and so cross-dressed to avoid being sacrificed.

Pretty sure Bridget has always been a boy, and in game is referred to as a he. I'm not an expert on guilty gear lore, but I think he was born in a village where twins of the same gender was considered an ill omen, and so cross-dressed to avoid being sacrificed.
AH-I see, my follow-up question was what game he was from, and thank you.

How good ARE the Guilty Gear series by the way?

GasBandit

Staff member
Almost right. Born in a village where identical twins are considered a curse, Bridget was raised as a girl by his parents, always being told he and his brother were fraternal twins, which is enough of a technicality to avoid trouble from the neighbors. Eventually, of course, Bridget ended up learning the truth, but by then... well, you can't fight how you're raised, right?[DOUBLEPOST=1456543548,1456543457][/DOUBLEPOST]
AH-I see, my follow-up question was what game he was from, and thank you.

How good ARE the Guilty Gear series by the way?
Pretty good. Really good artwork and excellent music, interesting characters, OK plot, and a control motif that's slightly different from most things out there (IE not a street fighter or KOF clone) but not enough to be stupid.

Isn't tea toxic to frogs?

I have allowed a kitten named Bork to come live with us.

I am sure pictures and squeeing will follow.

Not by me though. Probably Squidleybits.

Ever notice that GasBandit sounds exactly like Krieger from Archer?