Cajungal

Staff member
Yeah I can't judge people by their names, because the had no choice in the matter. I can judge the hell out of her mom, though. And I will. Away from Facebook.

#1 boy's name for 2014 in the US - Noah

When I named my son it was around 30 on Social Security's yearly list. That was why I chose it. It wasn't popular, but it wasn't outrageously unusual. Now every place we go there are several Noahs (and Kainoas because Hawaii) and it drives me insane.

Also I have friends who each have young daughters. One is Kinley and the other is Kinsely. Kin/Ken girl names seem to be in vogue.

They are, and they're terrible. Another awful one I know: Kaimbrie.
When I was subbing last year there was a girl in one of the classrooms I worked in who was named Kensington. We also had Grayden and Grayson in the same room. Grayson was a girl. Grayden was a boy. I always got them mixed up because I kept thinking of Dick Grayson, so that was a male name in my head.
Also, there were a few Lilys in their school. One of the weirdest spellings I ever saw was Lilleigh.

When I was subbing last year there was a girl in one of the classrooms I worked in who was named Kensington. We also had Grayden and Grayson in the same room. Grayson was a girl. Grayden was a boy. I always got them mixed up because I kept thinking of Dick Grayson, so that was a male name in my head.
Also, there were a few Lilys in their school. One of the weirdest spellings I ever saw was Lilleigh.
Khrystyne Haje's name is spelled like that because her parents let her siblings decide how to spell her name. Still pronounced Christine.

fade

Staff member
One of my running conspiracy theories is that Fox News exists as the original Colbert. They're shill Republicans, who intentionally get "burned" to rally the left. I say this as a card-carrying dem, too. I think when O'Reilly is on his deathbed, he'll confess to beating Colbert to the punch, albeit with less intentional comedy.

One of my running conspiracy theories is that Fox News exists as the original Colbert. They're shill Republicans, who intentionally get "burned" to rally the left. I say this as a card-carrying dem, too. I think when O'Reilly is on his deathbed, he'll confess to beating Colbert to the punch, albeit with less intentional comedy.
Not a chance. They're still run by the guy responsible for the Willie Horton ad.

Zappit

Staff member
Interesting. Six votes and I pass OoTS on Top Webcomics.

Like, if six people went, say, here, and just threw me a vote, I pass one of the most popular webcomics out there on this list.

Just sayin'...:rolleyes:

doomdragon6

Staff member
I guess "Random Crap" is the best place to put this.

So, I'm not a tattoo person. I don't want a (real) tattoo, I don't like making long-term commitments, I don't like permanent alterations to my body, etc.; Tattoos on girls are a huge turn-off for me. (You gals can do literally anything you like, they are just not my thing.) The point of this paragraph is, I don't do tattoos.

THAT BEING SAID

I've had the idea to get a tattoo of a single, tiny dot on my left upper arm/shoulder just to say I've gotten a tattoo and unlock that achievement. It's mostly a joke, but a non-intrusive one, and it would look like a mole or speck aside from it being black. (So it'd look like a cancerous speck.)

Anyway, I can't see regretting a dot on my arm. At least, not more than a FUCKING UNNECESSARY SHOULDER SCAR. Sorry, issues. Anyway, if I can live with my shoulder scar that I hate and never wanted or should have gotten, surely I can live with a little pet tattoo dot on my arm.

Any thoughts? I know asking "Should I get a tattoo that will affect my life in no way" is a dumb question, but have we established that I have commitment issues?

Also, how much would that even cost. I assume there's a minimum tattoo cost at most place just for the effort of setting up.

Zappit

Staff member
Wasn't that a gag on Friends?

Just checked - it was. Phoebe freaked out during a tattoo session, and left with only a dot, saying it was the whole world seen from a distance.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Wasn't that a gag on Friends?

Just checked - it was. Phoebe freaked out during a tattoo session, and left with only a dot, saying it was the whole world seen from a distance.
Ha, nice. I'm sure it's not an original idea by ANY means, but it seems like a fun way to get a tattoo without actually, you know, getting one.

I was talking with another network engineer in Instant Messaging. I asked permission to send out an update to 9,555 computers. He said go ahead, I responded "And away they go." and he said, "HOLD ON A SEC."

"LOL, just kidding"