They're all I live for, now. It's when I get to work on HFA2 most!
I still get the usual two days off in a week, but the traditional "five on/two off" is extremely rare. More often it's 6, 7, or even eight days on in a row before that time off. Sometimes it's 10 in a row. But spaced out so there's no OT to pay. :p

3 on, 1 off, 5 on, 2 off, 7 on, 3 off.

Unfortunately, the "5 on" and "7 on" include weekends, which means essentially "7 on" and "9 on". :(

Speaking of voice-over work, this a pretty cool graphic to show how essential a good voice actor is to an animated show:
Simpsons1.jpg

And for comparison, South Park:
Simpsons2.jpg

GasBandit

Staff member
I feel like Matt Stone double dipped... They counted both Kenny AND Mysterion. That's like crediting Christian Bale with both Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Huh...my computer is fine now....whyyyyyyyy? I could barely start it up a few weeks ago, now its working like gangbusters! Fleh, maybe it was a kobold or something. Well *clap* guess I can delete the ram sucker that is google chrome from my ipad now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Huh...my computer is fine now....whyyyyyyyy? I could barely start it up a few weeks ago, now its working like gangbusters! Fleh, maybe it was a kobold or something. Well *clap* guess I can delete the ram sucker that is google chrome from my ipad now.
If it couldn't turn on before, and now it can, that makes me think that there's a thermal component to the problem... IE... it may stop working again once it warms up.

I'm pretty sure Vernon Chatman(along with making it) voiced Xavier on Xavier Renegade Angel...and now all I want to hear is Xavier saying "Don't forget to bring a towel".

GasBandit

Staff member
Really, it's because Yeardley Smith can't sound like anything other than a squeaky child. Remember her as the tiny woman perpetually disgusted by Herman's shenanigans on Herman's Head?

I still can't watch live-action Yeardley Smith without getting the heebie jeebies. It's a grown woman with Lisa Simpson's voice.

How many Wonton buckets do you guys fill with food discards before adding it to the compost pile? I go with 4. One thing I'm gonna do MORE this year is rake up more of the good dirt created from said compost before the evil beasts that are swamp trees turn it completely into sand.