Well, this should be an interesting day. No one at my company got paid today. Apparently, there are no disbursements ready in ADP either, so we're not just getting live checks instead of direct deposit. It's the company owner's birthday today. How's that for a shitty birthday present?

pay instability is one of the things that'll make me quit a company lickety-split. I've still got too much angst about the issue from the tech bubble bursting.

Also, the "wiccan" doesn't even understand her own religious symbols. An inverted pentagram is what is used by satanists, just like they use upside down crosses.

I find it hilarious that its almost barely mentioned that there's a possibility that this is no way an intentional symbol of anything and just an equal disbursement of lights.

...please tell me they make those lights for non-bus use. Can you say best Satanicus ornament ever?!

But seriously it's just a co-ink-E-dink.

Last edited:
pay instability is one of the things that'll make me quit a company lickety-split. I've still got too much angst about the issue from the tech bubble bursting.
Looks like this was just an administrative fuck-up, but I can tell you that the already flagging work ethic and morale are falling even farther right now. I think a bunch of us are just going to grab the company credit card and head to the local tavern for the afternoon. (No, not really).

For OJ, no pulp. Strangely enough though, now that I think about it, I really do prefer unfiltered apple juice with a little bit of apple pulp floating around in it. And I love bubble tea, with tapioca pearls. Just can't stand pulpy OJ though.

Pulp for me is context-sensitive. Sometimes I want it, sometimes I don't. When mixed with carbonated beverages, for instance, the bubbles will all nucleate on the pulp and float it up to form a squishy raft that makes it more difficult for me to get my drink into my mouth.
But for breakfast? Having some pulp in it helps me forget that the delicious taste is all a sham.
For that matter, if I'm eating an actual orange, I will happily strip off and eat the internal albedo and central column (the white stuff) and leave only the bitter outer rind.

--Patrick

No pulp. I can't do conflicting textures like that. Same reason I can't eat jell-o or pudding because if there's even the tiniest mystery lump...

:( I was trying to wittily say I have no idea what scale they're using on that site. Is that 3 out of 10, 100, or what? How bad is Molson Ice?