I'm more concerned their "we'll stop paying back our debts and screw Europe, but we'd still like to keep on receiving European aid and stay in the eurozone" party managed to get a near-absolute majority in parliament.

Seriously, that's pretty much their program. Let's stop all cutbacks we were ordered to do by Europe (which I personally didn't agree with, mind you), come back on all our previous agreements, stop paying what we owe, but of course we want to stay in the Euro and we still need the European bail-out...We'll convince them...somehow....We think.

Recess after recess, McKeely puts her life on the line at the playground. What thanks does she get? Another chew-out from the chief about pushing the swing too hard to get Jimmy the "Tattletale" to talk.
McKeely's really gotta quit these chocolate cigarettes. They're going to send her into early tooth decay. An easy promise to make yourself until you see the next grisly victim of a swirly, though.

GasBandit

Staff member
McKeely's really gotta quit these chocolate cigarettes. They're going to send her into early tooth decay. An easy promise to make yourself until you see the next grisly victim of a swirly, though.
You get there to find the bigwheel jacknifed in the driveway and crime scene tape in the living room, you know it's gonna be a bad day and there's not enough juice in the world to wash away the images of the torn open stuffed animals, the fluff everywhere, the blank glass eyes staring at you, begging you to find who did this and put them in a time out they'll never come back from. The pediatrician keeps saying you gotta stay off the sauce if you know what's good for you, but some days there's images burned in your head and screams that only Mott's can silence.

Its probably a dumb idea, but I'm in the process of convincing myself to spend $260 on weird al tickets that include a meet and greet. I'd be going alone and very probably be a loser...

Its probably a dumb idea, but I'm in the process of convincing myself to spend $260 on weird al tickets that include a meet and greet. I'd be going alone and very probably be a loser...
Dude, you're considering a meet and greet with Weird Al and you're worried about being a loser? I'm fairly certain that those two things are mutually exclusive.

What are you afraid to...dare to be stupid? Heh, he was Wreck-gar in Transformers Animated- AND IT WAS AMAZING! I know most of you know that, I just like reminding myself of awesome things that happened.

Weird Al Yankovic is one of those guys who practically no one - outside of Coolio and perhaps maybe Taylor Swift, if things are to be believed - NO ONE hates.

And even your parents probably know who Weird Al is. "Oh, he's the guy who sings about food, right?"

I the whole show good, or is it hit or miss?
I think the whole show is good. Sure, it's educational and aimed at kids, and that sticks out, but it's also genuinely entertaining for adults. I would put it on par with something like Fairly Oddparents. A few things to know:
-Captain Huggyface has an almost unlimited capacity for eating food.
-The Amazing Rope Guy is the lowest difficulty villain.
-Nobody knows her secret identity*.

--Patrick
*Well, almost nobody.

Yesterday morning was strange. First when I let my dog out to do some exercise and use the restroom. I think I saw the International Space Station. It was just predawn, and I saw a light as bright as Venus cross the sky in under a minute. It was high and really fast.

Then on the way to work a feral hog was running around in they city limits.

Yesterday morning was strange. First when I let my dog out to do some exercise and use the restroom. I think I saw the International Space Station. It was just predawn, and I saw a light as bright as Venus cross the sky in under a minute. It was high and really fast.

Then on the way to work a feral hog was running around in they city limits.
They've got to be connected! What does it mean?!?

Signs that you live in a small town:

POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
9:29 PM - While officers were conducting an alcohol compliance check at a local gas station they observed a male party exit a vehicle in the parking lot and walk across the street and began urinating on the side of the road. Contact was made with the male and when asked why he was not using the restroom at the gas station he complained about the cleanliness. The male will be cited for Disorderly Conduct.

I'm not quite familiar with what "alcohol compliance" is, but I think they were just making sure the place wasn't selling beer after 9 PM.

And I think our local yokels were suspicious that the real reason why the guy didn't use the bathrooms was because the cops were in the place.

Still - funny as heck.

More signs you live in a small town: The other day, a dog fell into the half iced over reservoir. 6 emergency vehicles showed up and the town Facebook page was taking about it for two days.

My across the street neighbors' house got raided last night.

I wanted SO BAD to go sit on my front porch and watch it all, but I resisted (mostly...okay I peeked out of the blinds a couple of times..). I'm so curious what it was all about. My guess is drugs, but who knows. The cops were there for hours, and a fire truck and ambulance showed up for a while, but only to put on these crazy flood lights. So curious.