Cajungal

Staff member
There's a pre-k student here named McKeely, and the keep calling her name to correct her and every time I hear her name I shudder.

I'll have you know I only sing the unbirthday song to everyone who's not having a birthday. My wife's silence shall attest to this.
My parents used to call me every month on the 1st (my real bday is Sept 1) to wish me a happy unbirthday. They would say it when I was a kid, too, but as an adult those calls really got annoying fast.

I'm not horrified by it, just puzzled.

My friend, I don't know how strongly you believe this, but I will state with confidence that you have barely scratched the surface.

--Patrick
Oh-ho I know, and I'm still waiting until rock fetishist make the pop-culture zeitgeist. They're out there, and I will wait to mock/marvel at them.

figmentPez

Staff member
http://time.com/3683762/benedict-cumberbatch-apologizes-colored-actors/

Excuse me while I slam my head into a wall because some spokesperson took offense at the word "colored". CLEARLY HE IS A RACIST.
"Under 60 — who says “coloured” anymore? It indicates a mindset; a certain circle.”

Yes, because it clearly cannot be a slip of the tongue, or ignorance. It's inconceivable that he might have had a brain fart and said "coloured actors" instead of "actors of color", because everyone's brain sees those two as radically different phrases that cannot possibly get flipped when speaking.

*sigh* Seriously, we're demanding public apologies because someone flipped words when they were speaking? OH! She's a playwright. Probably one of those assholes who gets pissed if actors aren't word perfect for every performance.

How do you know that what you think is beef steak isn't already skrull cow steak? Maybe that's their plan.
Considering the crazy elaborate plan that was Secret Invasion, that wouldn't surprise me.

Also if I'm ever in Earth-616 it better not cost that much, I ain't paying more than standard price for meat that may not mutate me! Really if Marvel wasn't full of anti-mutant idiots and wanted super powers like any real person that would be a major selling point.