Cyclops: You guys just don't understand the kind of stress I'm under, and how negatively this mutation impacts my life.

Nightcrawler: ........

Well to be fair, the lives of almost all super-heroes are overly dramatic, they have to be or else people would get bored. There is no such thing as a happy ending for these characters, since the stories of Marvel and DC have been going on for literally decades. The only way any of these characters could have a happy ending is if the DC and Marvel universes were to just have a straight up ending, but that is never going to happen. Why? Because as low as comic sales go, there is still enough cash to keep the series going and keep making these character's live a living hell because drama sells.

Well to be fair, the lives of almost all super-heroes are overly dramatic, they have to be or else people would get bored. There is no such thing as a happy ending for these characters, since the stories of Marvel and DC have been going on for literally decades. The only way any of these characters could have a happy ending is if the DC and Marvel universes were to just have a straight up ending, but that is never going to happen. Why? Because as low as comic sales go, there is still enough cash to keep the series going and keep making these character's live a living hell because drama sells.
There have been comics titled The End to show how each story -ends- for some characters. Hell, -Old Man Logan- was fantastic as was -Hulk: The End-

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Been on two dates with an awesome girl, up for a promotion, upcoming trips to New York and Italy... I am seriously going to get crushed to death by a whale falling from space, wondering if the ground will befriend it.

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Been on two dates with an awesome girl, up for a promotion, upcoming trips to New York and Italy... I am seriously going to get crushed to death by a whale falling from space, wondering if the ground will befriend it.
You will get the promotion, get the girl, and get killed in Italy.

Dibs on your stuff.

There have been comics titled The End to show how each story -ends- for some characters. Hell, -Old Man Logan- was fantastic as was -Hulk: The End-
True, but the fact that these are "possible" endings much like the MC2 universe is a "possible" future doesn't give me much solace. Still good stories though, I haven't read Hulk: The End, but I have heard nothing but praise.

"You survived the LSD, but you won't survive this!" --lady on general hospital. Also there's an older lady on it who is the vampire slayer.

I like to think that the new twists in soap operas is that they all take place in other show universes. General hospital takes place in the buffy-verse. I need to start watching days of our lives or something in the hopes that someone goes super sajin.

There WAS that time Guiding Light had someone develop super powers for awhile... and then the character crossed over with ether a DC or Marvel comic.

And now Mickee feels like venting about past things in the past! I am really glad I am out of school, mostly because I will avoid having the same horrible conversation with the nerds in the cafeteria. Now I'm not saying they were bad guys, but for some reason a lot of them believe a rumor that there is an episode of Pokemon...where she was raped by a flock of Caterpie. And when they would talk about it, they would make it sound like it was awesome. Needless to say, this horrible vision that is now engraved into my mind was not an episode of Pokemon, yet ever other one of these weirdos tell me it was true! I think they WANTED to believe this was true, like they just go on their computers every night typing "Misty getting raped episode" each time finding nothing new because no animation studio that makes a children's cartoon show wouldn't make this! And done venting. THANKS FOR HAMMING!

The problems of the future today! I wish that was still Newgrounds' slogan, "Everything by everyone" is nice and all but the old one was edgier and plays to my nostalgia as a nineties kid looking at videos of the Powerpuff girls being murdered while the teacher wasn't looking! Aaaaaaaaaaaah, memories.

Holy promotion, Mr Chad! Tell us about it!
Well I don't know if it's for sure yet. I seem to be the only candidate and in my totally unbiased opinion, I am the best person for the job. Truthfully, no one, no one can replace our current Project Coordinator. She is just goddamn outstanding. She's a natural leader and I respect her and appreciate how hard she works to no end. But I'm a great choice for the position now that she is moving on.

GasBandit

Staff member
And now Mickee feels like venting about past things in the past! I am really glad I am out of school, mostly because I will avoid having the same horrible conversation with the nerds in the cafeteria. Now I'm not saying they were bad guys, but for some reason a lot of them believe a rumor that there is an episode of Pokemon...where she was raped by a flock of Caterpie. And when they would talk about it, they would make it sound like it was awesome. Needless to say, this horrible vision that is now engraved into my mind was not an episode of Pokemon, yet ever other one of these weirdos tell me it was true! I think they WANTED to believe this was true, like they just go on their computers every night typing "Misty getting raped episode" each time finding nothing new because no animation studio that makes a children's cartoon show wouldn't make this! And done venting. THANKS FOR HAMMING!

Forget the history of the Pokemon world, forget the fact the ancient pokemon, the biggest mystery is what the hell Diglett is. And how does it use scratch? Does it use its nose?

I just read what may be the worst, and most painful, pun that I've ever read. I was looking through Northern Brewer's ale yeasts for some Lambic yeast/bacteria blends and they're advertising a couple of cherry lambic kits by a company named Dawson's. So, that makes them Dawson's Kriek kits.

figmentPez

Staff member
Can someone help satisfy my curiosity? I'm writing a last-minute paper for my Sociology class. We're supposed to be writing a summary of a research article, and the one I chose talks about interviews with various professionals in a community with toxic dumping going on. Each of the professions is labeled with (N = _ ). I assume this is some sort of measurement of how far removed they are from the issue at hand, or something, since the scientist doing an epidemiology study is ( N = 1 ), while doctors, teachers & lawyers are ( N = 2 ) and state officials making environmental policies are ( N = 4 ). Is my guess anywhere close to correct, and what is the actual meaning of N?

Can someone help satisfy my curiosity? I'm writing a last-minute paper for my Sociology class. We're supposed to be writing a summary of a research article, and the one I chose talks about interviews with various professionals in a community with toxic dumping going on. Each of the professions is labeled with (N = _ ). I assume this is some sort of measurement of how far removed they are from the issue at hand, or something, since the scientist doing an epidemiology study is ( N = 1 ), while doctors, teachers & lawyers are ( N = 2 ) and state officials making environmental policies are ( N = 4 ). Is my guess anywhere close to correct, and what is the actual meaning of N?
I am immediately reminded of Pete and Pete with this line.

fade

Staff member
It's not anything standardized that I know of. N usually means sample size, but that's by no means a standard. Maybe it means 1 scientist was interviewed, 2 each doctors, teachers, and lawyers, etc.

figmentPez

Staff member
Maybe it means 1 scientist was interviewed, 2 each doctors, teachers, and lawyers, etc.
Oooh, that seems plausible. Let me see: 13 interviews with professionals. 2 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 (Communism was a red herring) = 13. Yeah, that adds up.

Earlier in the week, a wind storm blew some pine tree saplings across my driveway. I break out my handy dandy machete and start whacking away at the offensive conifers. When I finish I look down and my forearms are red and covered in hives, dozens of them. I freak the hell out because I am allergic to poison ivy/oak. I rush inside the house and wash my arms with anti-bacterial soap. Then run to the computer to check my symptoms on the internet. Since I was not getting boils, I assumed it was not poison ivy. I looked up hives and the wiki had an picture of a guy with pine tree allergies. And damn it, the pic looked just like my arm. I looked down to compare the hives to the pic, and they were gone.

I had a severe case of 20 minute hives. Normally that type of thing hangs out for days on me...

So, I found out recently that Troll 2 was filmed in Utah and looking it up yesterday, it's not much more than an hour away from where I live! My friends and I decided a road trip is in order to visit the town that this horrible, HORRIBLE, movie came from. :)

(Have you ever looked what movies were filmed in your state? Because, Utah has quite the...colorful history.)