I used to have a lot more pairs of pants, but my weight has changed significantly since the last time I really went shopping for clothes, and (thankfully) I had to retire most of my pants because they kept falling down, even with a belt.

My blue-jeans have MAD rips and them, and I used to have another pair of blue jeans but they have disappeared. Fear the pants-thieves, FEAR THEM! Either that or I just misplaced them.

I just got a frantic IM at work from someone in the Vendor purchase approval department (basically, the department that's responsible for making sure that Microsoft pays all of their contractors) for me to approve... my own pay. Apparently my former manager reassigned the request to my new manager, but he couldn't approve it so he assigned it to his manager, but he couldn't approve it, so he attempted to reassign it to my old manager, but accidentally assigned it to me; and since I've never had access to the A/P system (and really still shouldn't) of course I never checked to see if I had anything pending; so they were right up against the deadline to approve the PO before they had to pay a penalty and were desperate for it to be approved. I find this whole thing hilarious. Like if the power were to go out at America's largest sporting event, or something.

You know, bhamv3, I can legally perform weddings now, just thrusting* that out there.

You wouldn't be against a traditional Jedi ceremony, would you?

*Auto correct changed throwing to thrusting, and I decided to keep it.
Would I be wearing traditional Jedi robes?

Will she be wearing a metal bikini?

Will lightsabers be involved?

Will a caustic dog conduct interviews with my guests?

I have lots of pants.

Because I keep having to buy new ones because I can no longer fit into my pants.

I look forward to the day I can wear my old pants again, in the reverse order of how I bought them.

I have three pairs of jeans, three pairs of jean shorts, and 2 pairs of slacks (that I use for my volunteer stuff). However, I destroy my jeans fairly easily. I can't think how long it's been since I've owned a pair of jeans more than 2 years.

My new favorite thing to get my mind off things at work is to listen to podcasts. I'm new to the world of podcasting, so do you guys have any recommendations of ones you like? List away please!
I've been doing this a lot since starting the cleaning job. Might I suggest Radiolab (going back, I see it was suggested already) and This American Life? Both are absolutely fantastic.

This thread and my head have gone places since I last read it. Suddenly there's a full page of owl pictures? What?
Also, Kagsin throws out there, twice, that she just wants someone to come over and play with her, and nobody makes a crack about it? What happened, Halforums? YOu used to be perverted and juvenile! :p

figmentPez

Staff member
Also, Kagsin throws out there, twice, that she just wants someone to come over and play with her, and nobody makes a crack about it? What happened, Halforums? YOu used to be perverted and juvenile! :p
Okay, fine:

Somebody should at least come and play with meeeee!!! :D
I want everyone to come and play with me and then we could have a big halforums party. :(
NO, girls have cooties!

Someone else will have to handle perverted.

This thread and my head have gone places since I last read it. Suddenly there's a full page of owl pictures? What?
I give you three reasons that this may occur:

1: Sister syndrome - I'm not creep-able, or (so I've been told before) I'm to sweet to creep at.
2: I'm just one of the guys here. There's no reason to creep at your friends. Thus, no creep.
3: I got a ring on dis finger. (Which I hear makes people exponentially less attractive to others.)

Oh, oh wait, reason 4, Halfie's are maturing. But, but that can't be possible. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong soon enough....:p

EDIT: Wait, wait, I even thought of one more reason, no one actually would want to hang out with me. :(

I give you three reasons that this may occur:

1: Sister syndrome - I'm not creep-able, or (so I've been told before) I'm to sweet to creep at.
2: I'm just one of the guys here. There's no reason to creep at your friends. Thus, no creep.
3: I got a ring on dis finger. (Which I hear makes people exponentially less attractive to others.)

Oh, oh wait, reason 4, Halfie's are maturing. But, but that can't be possible. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong soon enough....:p

EDIT: Wait, wait, I even thought of one more reason, no one actually would want to hang out with me. :(
1-3 are incredibly accurate. 4, however, is impossible, and the edit certainly isn't true.

So many times, Pez, so many.

I'm not saying mine in seriousness though, I'm joking. I know that you, however are serious when you say stuff like that, silly boy. :)

Also..I just want to say, it's kind of sweet that I don't get seriously creeped at here. You guys are all very awesome and wonderful. Hearts for everyone! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

figmentPez

Staff member
On consideration... I kinda disagree with this one. It can be fun to creep on friends. If it weren't for #1, and you being like a sister to me, I'd probably creep at you sometimes, in jest.

I was going to say we should see who can creep me out the best, but that took me all of 2 seconds to realize how terribly that would go.

As an aside...I already ate my mid-morning snack; future me is going to be so disappointed.

Don't ever try to read Marvel character histories on the Marvel Wiki. I spent nearly an hour reading and only got a quarter through Wolverine's page. That shit is crazy.

fade

Staff member
I always thought it was suspicious that the One Ring looked like a wedding band and made you invisible (to other women). Eventually, it eats away at you and makes you one of the Dark Lord's (wife's) minions. Once you get the One Ring, a bunch of ringed converts (wraiths/married men) come after you and try to turn you into one of them, too.

Gollum is your depressed, divorced friend.