Ohhhhh. Sex! You mean sex! You mean sex, don't you?

It's been so long, I'm starting to forget its existence.
What? Get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talking about reading up on adoption law, assembly instructions if you get them from Ikea, soundproofing the appartment. That sort of thing.

Now that I told my age when I had kids, I also have to point out that we were only married for a few months before I got pregnant with my son. I think the reason it didn't happen sooner is that he had to go back to Sicily for 4 months after we were married. I am the poster child for "it only takes once". Same with my daughter. We discussed maybe having another baby when he came home from the deployment he was on then. I had actually thought about telling him I was ok with Noah being an only child, but three weeks after he came home I found out I was pregnant (we started calling each other Fertile Myrtle and Potent Pete - especially now since his vasectomy in 2010 didn't work). In some ways I wished we had waited even just a year to get used being married and have some time to ourselves for a while. Due to my age I'm glad things turned out the way they did though. However, I am looking forward to traveling when the kids are older like Sparhawk and his wife.

I have a co-worker who is a dog-nut. She was more excited than I was about my new puppy. She is always asking for photos of my dog. If I have a new one of the pup, I'll show it to her on my iPhone...

The thing is the then starts flipping through all my photos on the phone.

Do I have a right to be pissed when someone starts flipping through all my private pictures on my phone? or am I being a little oversensitive?
That's what albums are for.

--Patrick

That's awesome WasabiPoptart!

I'm really just..not maternal at all. I feel like that gene missed me. I do think part of it is that I'm the youngest person on both sides of my family.

Maybe I'm just SUPER behind - I was a complete tomboy until I met Nate and then I realized that being a girl wasn't a bad thing. :)

I've just never gotten along with kids and they don't like me either.

LK, I say this from watching my Sis-in-law, if you don't have that "desire" or want for kids don't have them. She actually grew up and constantly said she didn't want kids. Met a guy, got married, enjoying themselves, he wanted kids, she relented. She now has two, and divorced, and still to this day has admitted to her sister that she shouldn't have had them. She just isn't the maternal type. I'm not saying that she's not good with them and to them, but she enjoys her job much more than her kids. Some people just know that isn't for them.

I'll say that, for the most part, I don't like other people's kids. I start to like them as they get to 14 or so, but younger than that, not so much.

I'm not much on other people's children either. I love mine unconditionally, but others seriously get on my nerves for the most part.

As for birth order and maternal-ness - I'm an only child and the only grandchild on my mom's side of my family. I grew up around mostly adults since there were no kids my age on our street. I never even had a job as a babysitter though I did watch one cousin sometimes when I was 16. The first year with my son was interesting to say the least. Did I mention that on my mom's side of the family there are almost all females? Grandmom was one of 5 sisters. She had my mom and my aunt. Then there was me. Imagine my surprise when I found out I was having a BOY. I had no idea how to take care of a baby let alone a baby boy. LOL

LK, I say this from watching my Sis-in-law, if you don't have that "desire" or want for kids don't have them. She actually grew up and constantly said she didn't want kids. Met a guy, got married, enjoying themselves, he wanted kids, she relented. She now has two, and divorced, and still to this day has admitted to her sister that she shouldn't have had them. She just isn't the maternal type. I'm not saying that she's not good with them and to them, but she enjoys her job much more than her kids. Some people just know that isn't for them.

I'll say that, for the most part, I don't like other people's kids. I start to like them as they get to 14 or so, but younger than that, not so much.
Thanks for the advice. And I'm very stubborn and feel strongly that since I don't want kids, I'm not going to have them just to have them. My feelings about the situation are stronger than everyone elses pressure.

I'm glad there are no gasps of disdain from you all for how I feel about it. :)

Some folks just aren't meant to be parents. That's perfectly fine if you want to enjoy yourselves, live your lives... you're definitely not going to catch any flak from this quadrant.

Then there are those people who SHOULDN'T be parents... like the girl (I decline to use the word woman, because she just wasn't "grown up" enough) who came to collect her shoplifting teenager yesterday... when you have "The Best Sex Ever" tattooed on your chest, and "Fuck Love" tattooed on your throat... you're not likely going to win any parenting awards... especially since I just had to run down your son.

Who did you piss off? Details, woman!
A minor internet 'celebrity' who goes by the name Phil Buni. My husband and I used to like his video reviews. They were unique...if not disjointed. Lately he's been whiney and bitchy on twitter...and this has has tuned into him getting his fans to petition Channel Awesome and the like to get him added to their roster...all while calling out certain video producers on his twitter and commenting how much better than them he is.

I kind of agree...but he's being such an insufferable jack ass about it that I cant even stand him anymore. So...I joined a convo he was having and told him just that.

I guess there were more eyes on the convo. then I though...I got a few e-mails and one exasperated tweet from the guy.

Oops.

Then there are those people who SHOULDN'T be parents... like the girl (I decline to use the word woman, because she just wasn't "grown up" enough) who came to collect her shoplifting teenager yesterday... when you have "The Best Sex Ever" tattooed on your chest, and "Fuck Love" tattooed on your throat... you're not likely going to win any parenting awards... especially since I just had to run down your son.

She sounds like a responsible and classy lady OC... :rofl:

A minor internet 'celebrity' who goes by the name Phil Buni. My husband and I used to like his video reviews. They were unique...if not disjointed. Lately he's been whiney and bitchy on twitter...and this has has tuned into him getting his fans to petition Channel Awesome and the like to get him added to their roster...all while calling out certain video producers on his twitter and commenting how much better than them he is.

I kind of agree...but he's being such an insufferable jack ass about it that I cant even stand him anymore. So...I joined a convo he was having and told him just that.

I guess there were more eyes on the convo. then I though...I got a few e-mails and one exasperated tweet from the guy.

Oops.
I'm pretty sure the best way to get into Channel Awesome is to just work with them. Suggest a cross-over. If they like your work, they'll probably say yes and then you know you have a good chance of getting in. You don't need t have your fans spam them about it.

This also makes me wonder how long until brentalfloss finally runs out his contract with Screw Attack and jumps to Channel Awesome. Screw Attack really hasn't done anything for him, he barely does any content with people there (except Keith), and he already LIVES with Paw. Fuck, he does more cameos for Channel Awesome than he ever did with Screw Attack.

I had forgotten brantalfloss even existed until he appeared in one JewWarios videos...then he suddenly showed up with the NC and Paw was moving in with him.

Screwattack should pimp the hell out of him! He's very charming on camera.

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm glad there are no gasps of disdain from you all for how I feel about it. :)
Luckily, Kags, it's better these days when it comes to women and babies. Sure family and some women will bug you about it, but generally I find that it's easier to opt out of being a mom these days. :)

Myself, I get tired of people talking about the switch that will flip in my head once I look into my baby's eyes. That is one hell of a gamble to me, especially since the people who tell me this wanted children, heh. Here's to 8 hours of sleep.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had forgotten brantalfloss even existed until he appeared in one JewWarios videos...then he suddenly showed up with the NC and Paw was moving in with him.

Screwattack should pimp the hell out of him! He's very charming on camera.
I think screwattack is having a hard time. They cancelled SGC2011 and now have a kickstarter for their next SGC. I went in 2010 and had fun. Was pretty cool seeing Brentalfloss, Keith Apicary, spoony etc. And I got the second best time in playing sonic the hedgehog blindfolded:cool:

I think Kags could pull off an "I Dream of Jeannie" cosplay...
Oh my gosh, that would be aweome!

This comment is funny because the other day I went disc golfing and since it was so hot, I put my hair up in the 'I Dream of Jeannie' ponytail - then before we could move on to the next hole I had to do the Jeannie blink with head flip.

I think screwattack is having a hard time. They cancelled SGC2011 and now have a kickstarter for their next SGC. I went in 2010 and had fun. Was pretty cool seeing Brentalfloss, Keith Apicary, spoony etc. And I got the second best time in playing sonic the hedgehog blindfolded:cool:
I really don't have too much pity for Screw Attack, as they've been gating almost everything behind their pay program for at least a week. It was originally conceived as a way to give fans more content for a small fee, but now it applies to most of the content in general. Sorry guys, but your not giving "early access" to the G1s, your just making the rest of us wait for the only reason we come to your site.

Also, I imagine a lot of their problems right now are because their biggest draw, the Angry Video Game Nerd, has been producing his movie for months instead of putting out videos. He was pretty much the only reason they got that contract with Game Trailers and he's only put out 1 AVGN in the last three months.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I had fun at their con and all, but I'll be the first to admit I don't see how they ever kept the lights on with how they run their business.

Friend of mine went to vaction in greece.When the waiter in the restaurant found out he was german,he trew the plate on the ground and told them to get out of his establishment,to the cheers of the other diners.The hell greece?