I see you also included “red-headed” in your prompt. She definitely looks like she could keep you up allll night long.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a random panic moment this afternoon.

I got home around 4:30 and the instant my ass hit the couch I fell asleep. I jolted awake some unknown time later, and saw the sun on the horizon. Looked at the clock and it said 7:00.

"Oh shit, it's morning already?! My alarm was supposed to go off 30 minutes ago! I'm going to be late to the meeting I have at 8 today! Man, I don't feel like I got much sleep at ALL despite apparently sleeping 14 hours, I'm so groggy..."

It took a few minutes, but I did realize that the sun was on the WESTERN horizon and it was 7pm, not am.

But that was an unpleasant few minutes.

I got home around 4:30 and the instant my ass hit the couch I fell asleep. I jolted awake some unknown time later, and saw the sun on the horizon. Looked at the clock and it said 7:00.

"Oh shit, it's morning already?! My alarm was supposed to go off 30 minutes ago! I'm going to be late to the meeting I have at 8 today! Man, I don't feel like I got much sleep at ALL despite apparently sleeping 14 hours, I'm so groggy..."

It took a few minutes, but I did realize that the sun was on the WESTERN horizon and it was 7pm, not am.

If it makes you feel better, I once had the same, except it was winter so cold and dark both at 6am and 6pm. I actually made it to my car and got in before realizing, because the radio show playing wasn't the right one.
Yet another reason to prefer the 24h clock system.

I am prone to misreading digital clocks when not wearing my glasses and thinking 2,3,4,5,6 30ish all look like 8:30 so I blitz out of the house to get to work. In winter it really sucks.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think I kinda figured out the trick to getting non-nightmare pictures out of the AI art generators. You add "with finely detailed symmetrical face" to the end of whatever prompt you are putting in.

After playing Bugsnax recently, I had an idea to write a funny fake Am I the Asshole story. Unfortunately, it was immediately removed. Looks like one of the bot mods caught it. Oh well, I'm not too torn up about it. I thought it was funny.

Here's the post in a Google Doc, if you can't read the screenshot.

And here's the link that was included in the original post, which gives context to Bunger.

Last edited:
After playing Bugsnax recently, I had an idea to write a funny fake Am I the Asshole story. Unfortunately, it was immediately removed. Looks like one of the bot mods caught it. Oh well, I'm not too torn up about it. I thought it was funny.

Here's the post in a Google Doc, if you can't read the screenshot.

And here's the link that was included in the original post, which gives context to Bunger.
After some failed attempts and requiring a rewrite, I have successfully posted it on /relationships.

Had to edit it to remove the word "bitch" as that's a no-no, along with the external link, which meant I had to write out the context, but it worked!

There's a new waxing/sugaring place in town and they're offering free services to train up their new employees. I've never had one before, but have always been curious. I suppose on the 20th I'll know if it's as bad as some people say :rofl:
It wasn't that bad. Minor pain with each pull that subsided nearly instantly. Some areas of the skin feel a little abused, but I'm sure that'll go away by tomorrow. I had an experienced waxer and a trainee, and the trainee was less confident so her pulls hurt a tad bit more. Because the service was free, I tipped generously.

Both ladies were cute, and had their hands all over my junk, so of course I got an erection--which they said was normal (duh!) and said made waxing certain areas actually easier. It ended up not being as awkward as I thought it'd be, nor as painful as a lot of people told me it would be. I'd do it again.

Hot female friend of mine: "Hey, I recently met this new guy and I gave him my Instagram, and now I want to upload some pictures that'll make him drool. Which of these skimpy pictures makes me look hotter?"

Me: "Why in the name of all the gods of Mount Olympus would you ask me for help with this?"

Hot female friend: "One, I know you're happily married and I know your wife too, and she knows nothing could possibly happen between us, so there's no harm in me asking you. Two, I know you look at lots of pictures of women in skimpy clothing on the Internet so you'd probably be able to give good advice. Three, I know you're an introverted nerd and your limited social circle would not overlap with this guy's, so there's no chance of you meeting this guy and going, 'hey did you like the pictures I picked out?' And four, I know you helped our mutual friend Nancy pick out pictures too. In fact, she's the one who suggested I ask you."

Me: "Fair enough. Also, the beach pics will work."