Dave

Staff member
At work today I have several things I need to be doing but I can’t do any of them. All for different reasons. Can’t finish the CIP (clean in place) of one of our machines because our water tank is low. I can’t finish changing out the carbon tanks because it’s not done processing yet - even though they told me at 7:30 this morning it was done.

I usually go to the whataburger 2.5 miles away for late night munchies. They're much better than the closer one. The food is usually fresher, and they rarely screw up. I'll order in the app so that it's usually done by the time I get there, avoiding that 11pm-1am whataburger crush.

This time, they screwed up. And I don't know that I mind too much. Instead of a whataburger, they gave me someone else's burger--a double-meat whataburger with cheese, no veggies except for grilled onions. Instead of regular condiments (mustard, mayo or ketchup) they put BBQ sauce and creamy peppercorn. Bacon.

I would never have ordered this monstrosity of a burger. But it's tasty as hell.

GasBandit

Staff member
I usually go to the whataburger 2.5 miles away for late night munchies. They're much better than the closer one. The food is usually fresher, and they rarely screw up. I'll order in the app so that it's usually done by the time I get there, avoiding that 11pm-1am whataburger crush.

This time, they screwed up. And I don't know that I mind too much. Instead of a whataburger, they gave me someone else's burger--a double-meat whataburger with cheese, no veggies except for grilled onions. Instead of regular condiments (mustard, mayo or ketchup) they put BBQ sauce and creamy peppercorn. Bacon.

I would never have ordered this monstrosity of a burger. But it's tasty as hell.

There's a new waxing/sugaring place in town and they're offering free services to train up their new employees. I've never had one before, but have always been curious. I suppose on the 20th I'll know if it's as bad as some people say :rofl:

^This. Also, I was at Costco and they had a display of some of the Kinkade Studio nerdy stuff. It was a very "WTF" moment.
That's what's appealing about them. At first glance, it's obviously a Kinkade (or Kinkade style), so you're expecting a very particular type of scene. Then you look closer and...wait, what? Is that Batman? :D

My daughter went to get a new tattoo today. While there my wife got a piercing. Her exact words were: "I did pierce something, though. You get to find it."

Oh yeah, baby!

She got home and it was her eyebrow. Took me all of like 2 seconds. Not the treasure hunt I thought it would be.
"I got a new piercing, but it's not where you thiiiiiiiiiink!" - Maddisyn, She-Hulk

I seem to recall (though, you know, it's been maybe 40 years) that the one time I saw them playing baseball in an actual physical comic, Scarlet Witch used her powers to catch a home run, got called on it, and used the excuse that it was like their only ball or something and they didn't wanna have to go find it.

I also remember a charity baseball game where it was an entire regular team against Spider-Man, except that the game was interrupted by Boomerang right after Spidey scored his first run.

--Patrick