Holy crap. Just finished an interaction with a customer. Asked if they had any other questions...and they write out this long-ass response promoting...Jehova Witnesses.

This is NOT the place to be doing that, buddy. I'm just here to discuss your internet/TV account.

Everyone think of your favorite evil grin. Whether it's the Joker's grin, the Grinch's grin, Monty Burns's grin, or Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock grin, basically that's the expression I have right now.

For you see, we got some really bullshit client feedback on one of our translation cases, and my supervisor just said the words I've been aching to hear. "We're going to arrange a phone call with the client, and you can tell them exactly how wrong they are."

Hey now, let's not be leaving out the guy from the insane asylum in Disney's Beauty and the Beast, or Hexxus from Ferngully.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I get to call the sheriff and have a trooper at my moms funeral. My brother threatened to shoot me in the forehead with a .45 if politics is brought up - which he always does. I want to get a restraining order but my sister doesn’t want me to.

Make sure to forward them a copy of your brother's threat when you call them. They might want that on file for later.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm coining a new term (at least it doesn't show up in searches or on UrbanDictionary).

Instavert [noun]: someone who takes a lot of selfies, and thus appears outgoing, but is actually shy or introverted in person. A portmanteau of Instagram and introvert.

figmentPez

Staff member
How does this compare to ambivert?
My understanding is that an ambivert is someone who has traits of both introversion and extroversion, and thus finds themselves somewhere in between the two. I don't know if it's a real term used by psychologists, but it at least seems to be trying to be serious term.

Instavert is not meant to be a psychological classification or diagnosis. It's just a fun way to talk about the dichotomy of having a strong social media presence, but little real life social presence.

Yesterday I received a phone call from a deputy at a sheriff's station near my ex's place.
The deputy informed me that my ex reported that I let our daughter get access to some "adult oriented material" while she was staying with me on the weekend.
The deputy said when he talked to my daughter that she didn't remember anything like that happening, but he politely just reminded me that it's a parent's job to keep anything inappropriate for kids off open browsers and all that. Personally it sounded like he was only making the call at all because he was lawfully obligated to speak to me since my ex had made a report.
My ex has not contacted me about this matter personally, so I have absolutely no idea what material our daughter could have gotten into (if at all).

My ex is known for blowing things out of proportion. Especially when it means getting what she wants. In this case; trying to paint me as a bad father. She did it to my step-children's father, and she wants to do it to me too.

Last edited:
Okay, just thought of this! What if you took a Timbit (donut hole to you plague carriers) and put it into the centre of a different flavoured donut!?

Okay, just thought of this! What if you took a Timbit (donut hole to you plague carriers) and put it into the centre of a different flavoured donut!?
How dare you automatically assume we don't know what a Timbit is?! That's discrimination!

Yesterday I received a phone call from a deputy at a sheriff's station near my ex's place.
The deputy informed me that my ex reported that I let our daughter get access to some "adult oriented material" while she was staying with me on the weekend.
The deputy said when he talked to my daughter that she didn't remember anything like that happening, but he politely just reminded me that it's a parent's job to keep anything inappropriate for kids off open browsers and all that. Personally it sounded like he was only making the call at all because he was lawfully obligated to speak to me since my ex had made a report.
My ex has not contacted me about this matter personally, so I have absolutely no idea what material our daughter could have gotten into (if at all).

My ex is known for blowing things out of proportion. Especially when it means getting what she wants. In this case; trying to paint me as a bad father. She did it to my step-children's father, and she wants to do it to me too.
My unprofessional opinion, from what you've shared here over the years, is that your ex wife is batshit crazy and manipulative. If you've spoken to a custody attorney in the past I'd give them a call and ask advice about how to counter this accusation, you can't just let it lie