My unprofessional opinion, from what you've shared here over the years, is that your ex wife is batshit crazy and manipulative. If you've spoken to a custody attorney in the past I'd give them a call and ask advice about how to counter this accusation, you can't just let it lie
I spoke with my lawyer and told him about the call. He said not to worry about it: Since she reached out to the police first and never even spoke to me about the incident, it's she who is going to come off as the one causing problems. I expected her to reach out to her lawyer to communicate the concern, but according to mine she hasn't yet either.

I don't know quite what her game is, but I'm being mindful and calm about it. I'll let her do the overreacting for now. My lawyer has done nothing but do right for me, so I'll believe him when he says all is fine.

Garbage. The Tim Hortons equivalent would be garbage.
I used to finish donuts overnight at Tim’s and I am soooo grateful that I only had to do the basics. That’s super cute, but no way could I have made it look like a living spider.

The day I had to write on a cake was anxiety inducing enough.

Their menu has increased at least twenty fold since then too. Too much for me lol.

As an aside, want to know why I got a quick promotion to night shift? I could make change without the cash register (ie: in my head) and could be trusted to work unsupervised). Not exactly ringing endorsements :D
Post automatically merged:

You don't have to watch Dynasty to have an attitude.
Just leave it all up to me....

We had an earthquake here overnight. It woke me up and scared the shit out of me. Probably scared Mr. Z, too, because I grabbed him and woke him up. This is the 3rd one I've experienced in my life, but the first that I really noticed.

GasBandit

Staff member
We had an earthquake here overnight. It woke me up and scared the shit out of me. Probably scared Mr. Z, too, because I grabbed him and woke him up. This is the 3rd one I've experienced in my life, but the first that I really noticed.
I thought I experienced an earthquake once here, but it turned out to be the bomb squad detonating a found cache of old WW2 munitions someone found buried. At the time I was living in a mobile home, and it shook it back and forth like a train car about to derail.

I thought I experienced an earthquake once here, but it turned out to be the bomb squad detonating a found cache of old WW2 munitions someone found buried. At the time I was living in a mobile home, and it shook it back and forth like a train car about to derail.
Just a dime a dozen here in California. Most of them are small though. I barely notice them anymore.

Just a dime a dozen here in California. Most of them are small though. I barely notice them anymore.
The other two earthquakes I've experienced in my life were so subtle, I thought it was a large truck going by. This time is was loud and everything was shaking pretty hard. We also live extremely close to the source of it.

20200909_094734.jpg
The red star is where is started, and we live in the upper teal portion.

Dave

Staff member
I was in one earthquake that I noticed. It was 4.4 with an epicenter pretty close to Camp Pendleton. The only reason I noticed it was because my dresser fell on me while I was sleeping. I woke up very confused because the quake had already stopped so it was like, "Why the fuck did this thing fall over?!?"

They typicaly do 30 menu changes a year, mostly donut of the month seasonal bullshit. In 2018 they did almost seventy as they tried desperately to remain relevant.

As part of work right now, I am trying to connect with the candidates for city council in the two districts that my churches are in. The election is in 5 or so weeks.
All in all, there are 16 candidates. I've spoken with... 4 so far, and have meetings scheduled with 4 more at least. Only one had an invalid e-mail address.
Thus far, they're all fools and morons and completely self-absorbed. It hurts.

But they (will) have access to money.
And they (should) know the communities they intend to serve well enough to give me some ideas as to what outreach would be useful for my churches to explore.

Generally though, I do not like politicians.

I’m taking a French class this fall and will be assessed this week or next.

By the same lady who mistook me forgetting what I did on my last trip for a sec for me not knowing how to use the past tense so she put me in a class where I learned nothing new and I was in with people who spoke mostly in English. They were super nice, but it didn’t help me.

I did the written part of my assessment today and was cranky and bitchy in it because right before, the dude I work with (with way less experience and who gets the privilege of only being required to work in one language and be given way less responsibility) sent an email and our boss misunderstood and thanked him for all of his hard work and gave him the credit for my work. I set them straight, but for real WTF.

Dave

Staff member
My daughter came home tonight so she could attend my mom's funeral this weekend. She got to pick dinner and she picked...Taco Bell. Apparently her husband doesn't care for it so she doesn't get to eat it often. I gather everyone's orders, enter them in the computer to be picked up at the drive-thru, and hit enter. "500 Server Error". Well fuck. So I go up to the Taco Bell drive-thru, ask them if they have an online order from Dave and they say no. So I order everything that I had entered online. The lady informs me that one of the items can not be ordered at the drive-thru and it's only available for online orders. Huh. So...you can make the item? Yes. But you won't because I'm ordering it here instead of online? Nope. Even though I've already told you I tried ordering online but your system throws out an error code and won't let me? Nope. So I pulled a Karen and got a bit pissy at the utter stupidity of it all. Then they agreed to make my order. $32.60. while waiting in line I pull up my bank. Well, will you look at that? Taco Bell charged me $35 for my online order. Same things. Same EXACT order - $3 more. I ask again if they had an online order from Dave that was EXACTLY like what I'd just ordered. Nope.

I get home, eat the food that probably had tons of saliva in it, and emailed Taco Bell to find out why their system was a piece of shit, why ordering the same items online costs so much more, and how can I get my money back?

Dave

Staff member
Remember "Cuties" on Netflix and how I thought it was gross and horrible? And others went, "Nah, it's probably overhyped."

Remember "Cuties" on Netflix and how I thought it was gross and horrible? And others went, "Nah, it's probably overhyped."

Nah, it's probably overhyped.

In seriousness, to actually form an opinion I would need to watch the movie, and I just don't have time for that, my media consumption time is currently budgeted elsewhere. But outrage is easy, and it's easy to take scenes like this and get people mad about it. It could also very well be that scenes like this are supposed to make you uncomfortable and upset, but they're also true to life. There absolutely are ten year olds that twerk, as well as child dance troupes, beauty pageants, etc that sexualize and objectify young girls in gross ways. Rather than be mad at a movie, I would rather be mad at a society that tells women they are only worth anything if they are pretty and sexualized, that they exist to be objects, and that such a message is so pervasive that children unknowingly do it to themselves.

Which might be the point of the movie. But again, like most people discussing it I haven't seen it

Nah, it's probably overhyped.

In seriousness, to actually form an opinion I would need to watch the movie, and I just don't have time for that, my media consumption time is currently budgeted elsewhere. But outrage is easy, and it's easy to take scenes like this and get people mad about it. It could also very well be that scenes like this are supposed to make you uncomfortable and upset, but they're also true to life. There absolutely are ten year olds that twerk, as well as child dance troupes, beauty pageants, etc that sexualize and objectify young girls in gross ways. Rather than be mad at a movie, I would rather be mad at a society that tells women they are only worth anything if they are pretty and sexualized, that they exist to be objects, and that such a message is so pervasive that children unknowingly do it to themselves.

Which might be the point of the movie. But again, like most people discussing it I haven't seen it
I haven't seen the movie, but every person who has both seen the movie and isn't a right wing chud that I've seen has said that its really not that bad and is clearly against the sexualization of children.

I ate Spaghetti O's out of nostalgia today. It still tastes like I remember it, but it smells disgusting to me now.