The not-so-serious but I want to rant thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to put a new build on my laptop. So I pulled out the OEM build disc that came with my laptop. I put the fresh build on it and everything seemed to go fin but that it came up with a message saying the product ID was not correct. And now it pops up with a message saying " this is not a genuine copy of Windows" and now I only have "X" amount of reboots/ days before they terminate my copy. So I tried calling MSI to ask them what was going on. But I found out that their Tech support is closed on the weekends. And they are only open M - F 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. The problem for me is that I work m- F 8:00 - 5:00 pm and it takes me about a half hour to get home. So I have a very small window of time to get a hold of them.

So I decided to call them up from my work to at least try and see what I could get done without the laptop in front of me. But sadly they inform me that I need the laptop in front of me in order for them to do anything. So now I have to wait until I get home and try for a very small window of time to get a hold of them. And to top it off I have been sleeping pretty crappy the last few nights and last night was no exception. So I feel like a brain dead Zombie today and I found out that my manager (who works in another state) is coming up for a visit today. Now that in itself is not uncommon. She usually comes up every other month but due to weird events she has not made it up in about 6 months. And thanks to my lack of sleep I will be having to meet with her half brain dead. I can only hope she does not want to have a 1 on 1 meeting with me this trip.

Someone commented on my friend's profile on Facebook, disagreeing with some theology that she had posted. I responded, disagreeing with the stranger, defending the theology as valid (it was basically taken word for word from the book of Romans.)

The friend promptly deletes the whole thread and messages both of us, essentially shaming us for presenting a 'disunified' front to non-Christians who might visit her profile.

Now ... deleting the disagreement is her right, I suppose, although it was never anything but civil. But in the interest of 'presenting a unified Christianity'? This is exactly the reputation I spend most of my time trying to end. There is no unified theology. Do you think that you, or someone else has some divine understanding that makes the rest of us wrong? I have to remind my gay friends occasionally that I do not invest myself in the same beliefs that Fred Phelps does. Are you suggesting, then, that I should, if for no other reason than to appear unified?

Yeah, the homosexuals will think we hate them, but at least they'll think it's a unified hate.

Rob, why not write a Facebook note on the issue? Then you still have a somewhat public explanation on your point of view (not necessarily just the original theology discussion, but even on 'unified' Christianity). At the very least maybe your friend would reconsider her point of view.

Dave

Staff member
Someone commented on my friend's profile on Facebook, disagreeing with some theology that she had posted. I responded, disagreeing with the stranger, defending the theology as valid (it was basically taken word for word from the book of Romans.)

The friend promptly deletes the whole thread and messages both of us, essentially shaming us for presenting a 'disunified' front to non-Christians who might visit her profile.

Now ... deleting the disagreement is her right, I suppose, although it was never anything but civil. But in the interest of 'presenting a unified Christianity'? This is exactly the reputation I spend most of my time trying to end. There is no unified theology. Do you think that you, or someone else has some divine understanding that makes the rest of us wrong? I have to remind my gay friends occasionally that I do not invest myself in the same beliefs that Fred Phelps does. Are you suggesting, then, that I should, if for no other reason than to appear unified?

Yeah, the homosexuals will think we hate them, but at least they'll think it's a unified hate.
There's a guy on my Facebook who is there because of Mafia Wars. He's a pastor of a pretty conservative church and he always posts the most vile right wing hatred crap. I always go in and refute, arguing at length with him and all those who agree with him. But I'm always respectful and only once has anyone come in and been outright rude (and then we all ganged up on that person.) Sometimes you can have some very interesting discussions. Tony could have deleted my posts a he saw fit but he didn't. And I think the conversation is richer because of it.

But as you said it's her right.

I love children, I do, really.

BUT not when there's 5 or 6 of them in my house ALL THE FUCKING TIME during these FUCKING HOLIDAYS.
I can't wait for them to be over, I swear.

*breathes heavily*

Cajungal

Staff member
There's nothing funnier than hearing the token slackers in class complaining about how other Americans are spoiled, lazy, and have a sense of entitlement.

Ok, so my boyfriend and I used to be officers in our guild and since we've taken a break from WoW, we're still able to see the officer's super sekrit forum. Brian posted in the shoutbox of the guild website how he and I are moving into our own house and won't have internet for a few weeks.

One of our guild leaders, the bitch, posted in the officer forum how she wanted to say how he's such a deadbeat because he's not on the deed.

Fuck that prissy ass bitch. Look, not everyone can demand a 3ctw princess cut diamond from her brainwashed fiance, and yes, I may support him more than he wants me to, but STFU. His credit is building and it wouldn't have helped either of us to include him on the deed. We'll refinance in a few years and THEN he'll be on it. FUCK YOU BITCH

Like she has ANY credit. Chunky fucking princess.

There's a cute girl in my art class who I think may be interested in me... who doesn't turn 18 for another year :(

Would a relationship between a 17-year-old and a 20-year-old be wrong?

There's a cute girl in my art class who I think may be interested in me... who doesn't turn 18 for another year :(

It would not necessarily be creepy by the 1/2+7 rule, but I'd hold off on it until you at least know for certain if she's interested or not.

When I was 17 my girlfriend (also 17) left me for a 28 year old. I don't know if that helps you, or makes you as horrible as a guy who slept with my girlfriend. (I kid.)

W

Wasabi Poptart

Where is this class? I mean, is she in college with you or are you taking the class, say, at an art store where anyone can sign up? If you're both in the same college class, and she is a college student, I'd say it's not so creepy. If she's a high schooler taking a class with you, then I would keep my distance. The only reason why I say that it's not so creepy if she's in college with you is because I would have started college when I was 17 because of my birth date.

False alarm, it seems she's gotten back with the boyfriend she broke up with the other month.

New rant: Why do I always think women who don't like me like me?

I don't have a very specific reason to rant, but I'd just like to say I'm in an incredibly pissy mood and people should just let me the flip alone. Seriously. This is NOT the moment to call me incessantly for the third day in a row about a lightbulb that doesn't work, when I've confirmed it works four times now. Go away or I WILL bite you.

Why would you sleep through a class you're paying for? That's like 300 bucks down the toilet.
I didn't want to sleep through the damn class (much as it may annoy me). If it was a choice, I wouldn't have set my alarm in the first place. It was one of those instances where the alarm only got me half awake (I think I'd been dreaming beforehand) and the next thing I knew I was waking up later.

This actually leads to another mini-rant I've had lately, where it seems as though it's much easier to get up if I've had 5-7 hours of sleep, whereas if I get any more, I come out of it painfully groggy.[/QUOTE]

The only solution I've found to this is to go to bed waaaaaaay early so you body gets just enough sleep to decide to wake up on its own before the alarm goes off. However, seeing as how it's currently 1:00 AM, this seems to be easier said than done.

The roommate's cat has taken a liking to running across the living room and biting my feet. Already today he bit my shin twice. I just don't understand cats at all. You can at least do something about dogs in terms of training them. And the first person to suggest that spray bottle urban legend can eat shit and die. I've emptied the bottle on that cat and it still bites me.

C

Chazwozel

The roommate's cat has taken a liking to running across the living room and biting my feet. Already today he bit my shin twice. I just don't understand cats at all. You can at least do something about dogs in terms of training them. And the first person to suggest that spray bottle urban legend can eat shit and die. I've emptied the bottle on that cat and it still bites me.
I fucking hate cats so much. Worst pets ever.

If the spray bottle does not work, and the cat bites you... you are now in a fight, and you better fight to win. Then the cat will leave you alone.

And the thing that gets me, is that I could kill it.

I mean physically I can't take a lot of things in a fight, but I would destroy this cat. It wouldn't even be that hard. I could just sit on the damn thing and it's bedtime for chairman meow.

bedtime....forever

Hell just leaving the door open would accomplish the same results of it not bothering me anymore. But it's either that or listen to my roommate bitch and moan about "Phil was a total jerk and solved not only his own problem but also prevented me from ever having to clean a litter box again".

asshole.

I mean physically I can't take a lot of things in a fight, but I would destroy this cat. It wouldn't even be that hard. I could just sit on the damn thing and it's bedtime for chairman meow.

bedtime....forever

Hell just leaving the door open would accomplish the same results of it not bothering me anymore. But it's either that or listen to my roommate bitch and moan about "Phil was a total jerk and solved not only his own problem but also prevented me from ever having to clean a litter box again".

asshole.
Just dominate the cat, do to it what it is doing to you. Right now it is pwning you. You don't need to kill it or harm it in any way. Just pin the fooker to the ground until it quits fighting.

C

Chazwozel

bedtime....forever

asshole.
Just dominate the cat, do to it what it is doing to you. Right now it is pwning you. You don't need to kill it or harm it in any way. Just pin the fooker to the ground until it quits fighting.[/QUOTE]

Punt the fucker across the room. They land on their feet anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

WOW! WOW! Talk about fucking irony. My wife just called me this very moment and tells me that her friend's cat had kittens and she's giving them away. My daughter saw them and picked one out. FUCK! I hope the Basset eats it. Fuck this shit. I'm totally putting my foot down against this. I will not have a fucking cat in my house.

Hmm, this being my last couple hours at this job, perhaps you should have thought before now about how to run your equipment, find a particular compound out of 100,000, update your website, operate the phone system and network, use the fucking printer, etc., etc., etc.

I think I'll be collecting substantial consulting fees in the near future.

C

Chazwozel

Hmm, this being my last couple hours at this job, perhaps you should have thought before now about how to run your equipment, find a particular compound out of 100,000, update your website, operate the phone system and network, use the fucking printer, etc., etc., etc.

I think I'll be collecting substantial consulting fees in the near future.
That's exactly what my current boss did. His former Mass Spec tech found a new job and instead of immediately hiring someone to make use of his former tech's last days - teaching someone how to use the equipment (that would be me in 6 months), he let the guy finish up with no apprentice. Now I'm here and my boss is paying this former guy consulting fees to show me a few basics.

They not only took away my beautiful, window-laden cube, but they moved me next to a men's room that's only made for one person. Private, yes, but if you go in there and make a bunch of noise, there's no possibility of doing the "wow, that other guy in there sure was noisy" face when you leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.