The not-so-serious but I want to rant thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboy mouth played on the radio a few minutes ago.

Casey says, turn of the radio. And I did.

I know it's Jenny, but the only Jenny I know right now is at CERN colliding shit.

Iron, I feel your pain... I felt the same way when I realized Melina, the Psycho Bitch Queen - also known as my ex - had gotten her foot in the campus as well. Even more creepily, I recently found out she had taken up teacher training as well (luckily two years after me). Once I get my MA I'm so outta here...

As to the prospects of the other girls, let's ask some questions.
- Who is funnier to be out with?
- Are you looking for a rebound, potential relationship or serious business?
- With whom do you share most interests?
- Who seems the most interesting?
- Who would you more likely save from certain death if put in a Green Goblin gambit?
What a coincidence about her name. The Psycho's name is Melissa but she goes by Mel.

- Girl B is funnier.
- I'm not looking for anything serious at all because I'm leaving next month. I just want to have some fun but don't want to hurt any feelings.
- I share more interests with Girl A, although I'm learning more about both girls.
- Girl A seems to be more interesting.
- Are we talking about the Green Goblin gambit from the movie where Spider-Man saves both of them? Or the comic book where one of them dies?

In that case, I will let everyone know how punk rock I am and wear sneakers with a suit.
Oooooh... what a free thinker.[/QUOTE]

Allen, your wardrobe leads me to believe that you have both a serious side and a fun side.[/QUOTE]

Allen is a tasty mini-wheat?[/QUOTE]

Mini-something! Oh SNAP![/QUOTE]

wait isn't that Funsize?[/QUOTE]

Probably. Wait, didn't one of the old KM forumites call someone else 'bite-size'?

A

Andromache

So, test results come back next wednesday. Also? owwwie og heey morphi--

figmentPez

Staff member
Grr! Stupid people who don't neuter their cats! All the horny male cats are roaming the neighborhood and harassing our spayed/neutered cats. Bad Toms! There are no rivals or targets here, GO AWAY! Stop scaring our arthritic 16 year-old who still thinks he's a kitten! Stop bothering our stroke victim who has trouble walking! They only went out for a few minutes of fresh air!

Got struck by a stupid cold last night and could barely sleep. I think I might take a double dose of NyQuil and sleep through the day.

C

Chazwozel

Well, I officially have a goddamn kitten running around the house, pissing on the the carpet, shitting on couch, and meowing like fuck. The dog likes it to boot! Damn cats...

First off, I'd like to state that the male grad students in the biochem dept here have no game. I'm a married man with children, yet I won't decline going to the bar with five pretty girls on the floor. They went around asking people who wanted to go. None of the males wanted to go! These guys are all single mind you. I constantly hear them bitching about how they don't have girlfriends. THIS IS WHY, YOU RETARDS! So my rant part. I stay at the bar from 5 to 6:27, thinking I'll make my train at 6:42. Nope, see the fucker go by as I get there. No biggie. Call the wife, tell her what's up and go back to the bar have another beer. I go to catch the 8:15, I make it this time, but I left my wallet at the bar!! Fortunately for me, one of the biochem girls I went with held onto it for me and I got it back this morning.

figmentPez

Staff member
I stay at the bar from 5 to 6:27, thinking I'll make my train at 6:42. Nope, see the fucker go by as I get there. No biggie. Call the wife, tell her what's up and go back to the bar have another beer. I go to catch the 8:15, I make it this time, but I left my wallet at the bar!! Fortunately for me, one of the biochem girls I went with held onto it for me and I got it back this morning.
"and that's why she has my wallet... I swear!"

C

Chazwozel

I stay at the bar from 5 to 6:27, thinking I'll make my train at 6:42. Nope, see the fucker go by as I get there. No biggie. Call the wife, tell her what's up and go back to the bar have another beer. I go to catch the 8:15, I make it this time, but I left my wallet at the bar!! Fortunately for me, one of the biochem girls I went with held onto it for me and I got it back this morning.
"and that's why she has my wallet... I swear!"[/QUOTE]c

Ha.

Cajungal

Staff member
HAAAAHAHA I knew you wouldn't give up the kitten! I bet your daughter gave you sad eyes and you were all "well ok...."

As for the guys you work with, you should teach them a thing or to or give em a little smack on the back of the head, put some sense in em. ;) Glad your wallet didn't get stolen.

C

Chazwozel

HAAAAHAHA I knew you wouldn't give up the kitten! I bet your daughter gave you sad eyes and you were all "well ok...."

As for the guys you work with, you should teach them a thing or to or give em a little smack on the back of the head, put some sense in em. ;) Glad your wallet didn't get stolen.

No, they're hopeless. One guy gives even me the creeps at times and he completely ruins jokes (think Lord Buzzkillington from Family guy), one is a complete douchebag (think Gasbandit's online persona come to life), the other guy is a hapless science nerd. The only one out of the bunch that has a slight chance with a lady is the Chinese kid who's laughable antics remind us all of the foreign exchange student from Sixteen Candles.

As for the cat. I have my hands completely free of that thing. My wife takes care of it exclusively, since I'm the dog's caretaker. Some dog... day that cat came in, it fell asleep curled up next to his stomach. He just laid there, like an unemployed whale. Damn Basset!

Cajungal

Staff member

No, they're hopeless. One guy gives even me the creeps at times and he completely ruins jokes (think Lord Buzzkillington from Family guy), one is a complete douchebag (think Gasbandit's online persona come to life), the other guy is a hapless science nerd. The only one out of the bunch that has a slight chance with a lady is the Chinese kid who's laughable antics remind us all of the foreign exchange student from Sixteen Candles.

As for the cat. I have my hands completely free of that thing. My wife takes care of it exclusively, since I'm the dog's caretaker.[/QUOTE]

Owch. Ah well, more for the socially adept males, I guess.

C

Chazwozel

Cats are better than dogs anyways :p
They're better in the sense that I don't have to take care of the damn thing. It's out the door if my allergy to it doesn't go away within a month or two as well.

Dave

Staff member
How awesome is it that Chaz works with Long Duck Dong?

And best case scenario - you get the smartest cat in the fucking WORLD...it'll still shit in your house.

C

Chazwozel

How awesome is it that Chaz works with Long Duck Dong?

And best case scenario - you get the smartest cat in the fucking WORLD...it'll still shit in your house.

I'm alive. I'm alive! And I owe it all to this feisty feline.
Dad, "feline" means "cat".Elephant, honey. It's an elephant!

Cajungal

Staff member
Really weird thought, maybe, and don't think I'm anti-hygiene or something...

But damnit, sometimes I REALLY don't feel like showering. It just feels like it takes so long. I just wanna do like Husk does in that one comic and peel off the outer layer of skin to reveal a squeaky clean lady beneath. I need to cut my freaking hair again. In one month it already grew back the two inches I cut off. I'm wasting shampoo on these untidy ends.

A

Andromache

Cold showers are better for you, and you won't use as much water. Toughen up, Ironhide.

figmentPez

Staff member
You should try showering when you have no hot water pressure. Like my house.
I had to do that on a summer trip one year in high school. There was no hot water in the showers*, and the water was freezing cold. Instant headache, hypothermia risking cold. Down here (Houston, TX area) in the summer the "cold" water is lukewarm. There in Wyoming, despite 100°+ weather outside, the water was like snowmelt.

*Only one set of the showers, actually. The other showers had a partially clogged drain, so the shower area quickly filled with ankle deep soapy water with the occasional hair ball meandering away from the drain. I really preferred the freezing showers.

M

makare

Sometimes my van reminds me of that singing frog from that cartoon. When I am alone with it it runs like shit. But when other people are around it is fine. Pisses me off!

Dave

Staff member
My wife and I were going to go see a movie tonight. Now she doesn't want to.

I never get to see movies any more. She hates to see them in theaters because of the chairs.

And Tom Brazelton didn't use my idea for today's strip. I thought it would be hilarious if Zeus had been played by Michael Palin as the same voice he did Pontius Pilate from The Life of Brian.

"WEWEASE DA KWWWWWWAKKEN!"

There was a point where I didn't have heat or hot water for 7 months. Taking a shower without hot water in February was quite the experience.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Had an extra game session of Changeling: The Lost today. Could have been better. Our Hunterheart (read: Furry stripper) stole the limelight again, most of the session spent on getting the Winter Court (read: bunch of Brazil-esque bureaucrats who'll slap a curse at you if you don't shut up and shape up) not to kick his hairy ass out of the freehold (Changeling community) for endangering it (by "breaking the Masquerade", to use another WoD expression. So far he has ran around naked, killed two cops, harassed women, beat up a pimp and his ho after sex, not to mention reveal us to the Evil Twins). My Mirrorskin (read: shapeshifter), stuck in a deal of month-long indentured servitude, barely got fifteen minutes for his soul-searching (aka roleplaying his journey to become a member of the vibrant Spring Court). On top of that, we had to cut short because the missus of one of the players had insisted that the mister be home for supper - two hours before we had originally intended to stop the session. And the GM was on bad mood so we got crapola XP :(

W

Wasabi Poptart

I am ridiculously paranoid that the baby is going to get another ear infection. She's teething (four in already, two more on the way) which gives you some similar symptoms. She doesn't have a cold, but every time she sneezes, coughs, gets a little more fussy than usual, or generally has a "funny" look about her, I am on high alert. Tonight she woke up about 30 minutes after she went to sleep which is unusual for her. Now I'm freaking out that she really is coming down with another one and it isn't from teething. I feel like such a dork. A paranoid, anxious dork. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.