The not-so-serious but I want to rant thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andromache

I get to go to the hospital tomorrow for what we hope is outpatient testing. What a great karmic April Fool's day experience.

W

Wasabi Poptart

They not only took away my beautiful, window-laden cube, but they moved me next to a men's room that's only made for one person. Private, yes, but if you go in there and make a bunch of noise, there's no possibility of doing the "wow, that other guy in there sure was noisy" face when you leave.
At least if someone sharts you'll know who did it.

Cajungal

Staff member
It's hard enough sometimes listening to you talk to me about your own creative ventures when my own aren't going so well. So, awesome, tell me about them in detail and then be a bitch when I give you feedback. No, that's fine, I can't wait til the next time that happens, probably when I'm at home trying to write. You said you were gonna try and be nicer? Don't tell me to fuck off for no reason. :mad:

It's hard enough sometimes listening to you talk to me about your own creative ventures when my own aren't going so well. So, awesome, tell me about them in detail and then be a bitch when I give you feedback. No, that's fine, I can't wait til the next time that happens, probably when I'm at home trying to write. You said you were gonna try and be nicer? Don't tell me to fuck off for no reason. :mad:
*hugs*

I'm off to my brother's wedding in South Africa this afternoon. That's good. He's got a high fever. That's bad. My girlfriend is coming with me. That's good. She's in another plane. That's bad.

yo, so a few weeks ago, i talked about this girl i started to like. Well, of course, she has a boyfriend. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I wish i had learned that BEFORE i made my move.

Gah, I bumped into The Psycho again on campus today. We have a lot in common so we both tend to go to the same random events. She and I should probably start a portable meat locker business because the temperature drops to below freezing whenever the two of us are in the same room.

And now there are two girls who are expressing an interest in me. I like both of them but can't decide which one to ask out first.

North_Ranger

Staff member

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Gah, I bumped into The Psycho again on campus today. We have a lot in common so we both tend to go to the same random events. She and I should probably start a portable meat locker business because the temperature drops to below freezing whenever the two of us are in the same room.

And now there are two girls who are expressing an interest in me. I like both of them but can't decide which one to ask out first.
Iron, I feel your pain... I felt the same way when I realized Melina, the Psycho Bitch Queen - also known as my ex - had gotten her foot in the campus as well. Even more creepily, I recently found out she had taken up teacher training as well (luckily two years after me). Once I get my MA I'm so outta here...

As to the prospects of the other girls, let's ask some questions.
- Who is funnier to be out with?
- Are you looking for a rebound, potential relationship or serious business?
- With whom do you share most interests?
- Who seems the most interesting?
- Who would you more likely save from certain death if put in a Green Goblin gambit?

I understand this totally.

The girlfriend came over here last night, and she sort of walked past my easel where I had butchered two canvases in the last week. She asked about it, and I told her where I was having problems. She offered some advice and ... it's difficult sometimes. Particularly since it's because I'm slightly intimidated by some of her talents that led me to try painting again after all these years. After thinking about it for a minute or two, though, I was mostly being silly.

Later on she complained that she wished she was better at other things. The only things she's good at, she complained, were the arts. Music, drawing/painting, and stuff like that. I honestly felt like responding 'but ... what else matters?'

Cajungal

Staff member
:\ Yeah, in reality I should have been more understanding. This particular friend is really good at coming up with interesting stories but has trouble with style. I'm the exact opposite. So I think that he's really sensitive about style criticism just like sometimes I'm sensitive about plot criticism. But still... damnit.

Hopefully they'll realize they were being silly.

Actually, that reminds me of another writing-rant that I've been meaning to share.

I have a friend who wanted to be a writer. Long story short, he's given up on it, and he made an offhand comment the other day in an email that basically said "You're basically the reason I gave up. I read your stuff and it's so far beyond my own, I feel like it's futile to make any attempt."

Now, I'm trying not to let that go to my ego, but that's not the rant. The rant is that he's sent me one of his short stories to proofread. I haven't read this version yet, but I read the version prior to it, and it wasn't that great. But I don't want to discourage him by being too critical. I'll find the balance I'm looking for, I'm sure, but I don't want to be the one to drive him away from writing. He's a smart guy, and even if his writing doesn't sit well with me, I feel like it might either a) sit better with someone else or b) already be perfect in someone else's eyes.

Le sigh.

Cajungal

Staff member
My guess is it won't even come up the next time we talk. This just kind of happens and then blows over without us having to talk it out. We can both be kinda sensitive. Really, the worst part about this is that it happened right before I had to go to bed, and I went to bed all upset.

I have this one employee here, they work 1 day a week. 1. Day. And when she is here she spends most of her time annoying me. She thinks I have ALLLLLLL this free time on my hands and that I should do all these eco friendly project she wants us to do (not her mind you, ME, because I'm not busy doing BOSS things, etc). She always wants an explanation about every decision I make and here's the thing, I don't HAVE to give you an explanation my little hourly employee. I pay your paycheck. You don't NEED to know what I do every minute of every day. You just keep doing your job and we will get along fine.

B

Bizarro Gusto

I SAW A KID IN THE MALL WEARING THAT SHIRT

I PUNCHED HIM

TRUE STORY

It is so nice outside! But alas, I have much cleaning to do, and must be satisfied with an open window.

Status
Not open for further replies.