THE HOBBIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad we had a wight christmas, but too bad it's cold for short skirts - I'll be dreaming of leg 'o lass until spring.

figmentPez

Staff member
Sorry to break up the pun party, but this:

there’d better be a part in The Hobbit 2 where Thranduil and Thorin have a kegstand contest and then Thorin wins and Thrandy gets mad and sends him to the dungeons because he’s a sore loser and then gets obsessed over training Legolas to hold his liquor so that if he ever gets in a drinking contest with a dwarf he can win back his family’s honor.
someone reminded me it was Tolkien day so I drew that thing. I’m sure ol’ JRR would be proud if he were here today.
Source: GingerHaze on Tumblr

at least we finally get skyfall on the 21st

I heard hobbit is a chunjie thing. (thank god it isn't the birth of a nation thing that came out a couple of years ago.)

All right, I saw it. I was going to see Django tonight but it was sold out, so...Hobbit.

And I take it all back. This movie is amazing and I'm kicking myself for not seeing it sooner. In fact, I like this more than Lord of the Rings because it's funnier, with more charm. Which is also why I like the book more than the trilogy of books, as well. There was some great action, some VERY funny scenes, and it was just great to be back in this world again.

With that said, while I still enjoyed every bit of this, there were parts that made the movie feel bloated, killing the pacing at times. Most specifically was the Saruman and company meeting. If it didn't have some of the finest actors in Hollywood playing some of their most famous roles again, I would've complained more. But there was 20+ minutes there where we didn't see Bilbo or the dwarves It felt more like a preview to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which would be fine if those movies hadn't already come out.

But again, it's hard to complain given the quality of that scene, along with the rest. So yeah, I'm really sorry about what I said before.

All right, I saw it. I was going to see Django tonight but it was sold out, so...Hobbit.

And I take it all back. This movie is amazing and I'm kicking myself for not seeing it sooner. In fact, I like this more than Lord of the Rings because it's funnier, with more charm. Which is also why I like the book more than the trilogy of books, as well. There was some great action, some VERY funny scenes, and it was just great to be back in this world again.

With that said, while I still enjoyed every bit of this, there were parts that made the movie feel bloated, killing the pacing at times. Most specifically was the Saruman and company meeting. If it didn't have some of the finest actors in Hollywood playing some of their most famous roles again, I would've complained more. But there was 20+ minutes there where we didn't see Bilbo or the dwarves It felt more like a preview to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which would be fine if those movies hadn't already come out.

But again, it's hard to complain given the quality of that scene, along with the rest. So yeah, I'm really sorry about what I said before.
One of us... one of us...

Like I said earlier in the thread, this scene = bathroom beak.

Status
Not open for further replies.