The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
2,254 1,068 22
Today is my 26th wedding anniversary. Took the day off from work and my wife and I went to a local water park. We spent the day swimming and sitting in the sun, then had some ice cream and came home to make dinner together. Now she's passed out on the chair while Stranger Things season 2 autoplays in the background.

Today was a good day.

Reactions
790 321 13
(I'd upload a pic, but the board doesn't help). On the top of a mountain in Norway, in front of two big fjords joining together :)

Last edited:
Reactions
492 255 2
I had not been to a scifi convention in almost two decades. Went to Galaxycon this weekend and had a blast! Met Timothy Zahn, J Michael Straczynski, Ed McGuinness, Fabian Nicieza, Neal Adams, and a few other comic artists that I can't remember. Got a few books signed!

Saw/talked a ton of celebs: Wil Wheaton, John Cusack, George flippin Takei!, Rob Schneider, Jay Mewes, Creed, Meredith, and Stanley from the Office, and a bunch of others. Didn't get to meet, but saw David Tennant which was surreal. Somehow missed Jonathan Frakes (my only disappointment).

The kiddos loved most of the cosplay, and took pics with a ton of folks.

Spent too much dough.

Had a great time.

Exhausted now.

Reactions
299 57 0
Went to a book signing today and brought him some whiskey he has mentioned in the books specifically so people buy him it. Made me crack it open right there and have a drink with him. Was happy to oblige.

20190811_150423.jpg

20190811_150448.jpg

20190811_150459.jpg

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Had a hugely important meeting today. Perpetual troublemaker was on vacation. BEST. MEETING. EVER. Done in 30 minutes, easy.

My vacation begins. Starting now, I have off until Wednesday. Crap, forgot to set my "Out of Office".

Eh, I'm on vacation, fuck 'em.
I just set my out of office for an entire year! Woooo! I'm on sabbatical! Finishing up a 4 week stay in Belize. DisneyWorld is our true vacation, starting next week. I dive into my personal projects after that in Barbados, where we are staying for 3 months. In January we head to Australia and, after that, will spend 3 months in New Zealand.

I just set my out of office for an entire year! Woooo! I'm on sabbatical! Finishing up a 4 week stay in Belize. DisneyWorld is our true vacation, starting next week. I dive into my personal projects after that in Barbados, where we are staying for 3 months. In January we head to Australia and, after that, will spend 3 months in New Zealand.
Sounds truly epic, man! Congrats!

Reactions
199 145 0
Sabbaticals are awesome. I've never taken one, but I get one - at full salary - for four months every five years of continuous service in one spot.

They are generally completely not understood by the congregations, and looked at as vacation time, but they are intended as time for continuing ed, or some bigger work-related project. Some folks have done pilgrimages, further graduate studies, traveled.

I'm into my third year at this charge now... I should start planning actually.