The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Signed it today to make it official. In a week or so, I will no longer be living with my mom! Its been long overdue, and I'm so glad its happening. Got a great rate in a good part of town that halves my commute.
I love love love short work commutes. I hate hate hate being in the car >20 minutes. My dream would be to be able to comfortably walk or ride a bike to work. Kuddos!

Today at archery lessons we finally figured out why my shots were consistently going left! Also, an hour and a half lesson makes me so physically exhausted, but I am going to have awesome abs. :p

Basically, I wasn't raising my bow arm straight with my body, so I pulled to the right when I drew back, then over compensated back to the left.

We actually fixed it by me learning to shoot lefty so that I relearned my body positioning without any set bad habits, and I was able to transfer that knowledge when I went back to righty.

My wife is thinking of getting into archery, I might join her depending on what the logistics of practicing are, schedule and equipment-wise.

It'd also mean I can fight in SCA wars without serving as little more than a living pell :p

My wife is thinking of getting into archery, I might join her depending on what the logistics of practicing are, schedule and equipment-wise.

It'd also mean I can fight in SCA wars without serving as little more than a living pell :p
Lemme know if I can help, in any way. You know my Shire is like.... a third of all Meridian archers, right?

New custom mattress. Gonna go sleep on it now. :)

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk
Since you sent that from your mobile (that signature is at least one of the reasons I don't download that program), what's your number so we can make it beep a lot while you're trying to sleep?

:D

Since you sent that from your mobile (that signature is at least one of the reasons I don't download that program), what's your number so we can make it beep a lot while you're trying to sleep?

:D
Just like, quote, mention or reply to any thread he's posted in. If he's not paying enough attention to his settings it will at least buzz him. :p

Too late, muted it right after I got in bed. :p

Got it from Verlo, same as the last one we had. This one's much more comfy - and much more expensive.

Going on 30 hours awake. It's been really cool so far, though we've had our share of hiccups. Guinness is better here and I didn't even get a proper pour.
The "proper pour" is a marketing invention, something to make it seem special by creating a ceremony around it.

It's irrelevant, so you're missing out on nothing.

Also, I hope you sleep well so you can be awake for your adventures!

The "proper pour" is a marketing invention, something to make it seem special by creating a ceremony around it.

It's irrelevant, so you're missing out on nothing.

Also, I hope you sleep well so you can be awake for your adventures!
I can say with definitive personal taste, it either makes a difference or the ones who do it have cleaner lines.

I can say with definitive personal taste, it either makes a difference or the ones who do it have cleaner lines.
Or maybe you're affected by the same/similar phenomenon that food and drink makers exploit by coloring their products certain ways.

I mean, the "proper pour" can look different in the glass, and that can mean something to our brains.

Jesus. Anyways, the food is good.

The city is interesting so far. Where we are at it is very compact and crowded and the shops are a weird mix of high end vs nick knacks. Around these shops the homeless sleep in bags and the streets are covered in litter and cigarette butts and gum.

The parks are beautiful but a lot of places you are instructed to stay off the grass. Statues statues of famous Irishmen are everywhere.

An old codger on the street yelled at my wife and I that we were living in sin if we don't get married first (been married 10 years), though everyone we talked to was super friendly.

In all, Dublin is a city of contrasts. There is a lot to love here and I look forward to another day of exploring the city, but can't wait to hit the smaller towns.

A proper pour can and does impact taste and smell. I'm not saying it's a huge difference, but it's there - nor that what a beer company calls the "proper pour" necessarily is. Allowing the right amount of air to mix in and releasing the yeasts is a thing.

Going on 30 hours awake. It's been really cool so far, though we've had our share of hiccups. Guinness is better here and I didn't even get a proper pour.
Guinness *is* better in Ireland. Everyone told me and my wife so, before we went on our honeymoon, but we scoffed at the idea. We were surprised to find out that it's true. A study even confirms it. I found Guinness in Ireland creamier, less bitter, and with a 'fluffier' mouth feel than US Guinness.

In truth, North American Guinness is sometimes brewed in Canada, and that has to make a difference in flavor. I imagine, in addition, not all US pubs use the restrictor plate that forces the nitrogen out of solution to help create the creamy head. That restrictor plate creates a *lot* of foam, so it's important to let it settle before topping off (the "proper pour"). Some folks think it's marketing hype, including this guy who nonetheless admits that it was obvious which of his tests were "properly poured"...

It was self-evident which was the properly-poured Guinness as its head was noticeably thicker compared to the quickly-poured pint which was bubbly and frothy. Still, aside from a slightly less creamy mouthfeel...

Last edited: