[TV] The Doctor Who Thread

:popcorn:

The wailing and gnashing of teeth is going to be glorious.

Now... I don't know who she is. Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And here's the video for those of you who weren't watching Wimbledon

DA, if you read the comments the gnashing of teeth has already started :popcorn:

Holy shit, the misogyny in the comments section of that video is palpable!

"ARGH, FEMINIST AGENDA!!"
"DOCTOR ISN'T DOCTOR WITHOUT PENIS!!!"

figmentPez

Staff member
Holy shit, the misogyny in the comments section of that video is palpable!

"ARGH, FEMINIST AGENDA!!"
"DOCTOR ISN'T DOCTOR WITHOUT PENIS!!!"
I wonder if any have tried rationalizing it... "I guess it's okay if she's a lesbian, that's hot. But then, I'd be getting a boner over the Doctor, and he's an old dude. NoooOOooOOO, my heterosexuality!"

Look, you guys don't understand.

The 2,000 year old alien time traveller with two hearts and speaks Baby and Dinosaur can't be female! It's unrealistic!

I remember her in both Attack the Block and Broadchurch. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does as The Doctor.

As for the guys raging over the Doctor being a she, man, fuck those guys.

When the whitest of white girls (daddy is chief of the uni police) reblogs a multi-paragraph rant complaining that it's not a WOC, which is like a worse sin than just another white guy, that's an instant unfollow. I mean what the hell?

When the whitest of white girls (daddy is chief of the uni police) reblogs a multi-paragraph rant complaining that it's not a WOC, which is like a worse sin than just another white guy, that's an instant unfollow. I mean what the hell?
Endlessly-shifting goal posts--not just for meninists.

I wanna see her first meeting with River.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk
Did River ever meet Capaldi? I stopped watching when he took over, I was just a bit burnt out, but I thought the River storyline was over.

Not saying they couldn't wibbly wobbly a way for hey back into the timeline.

Did River ever meet Capaldi? I stopped watching when he took over, I was just a bit burnt out, but I thought the River storyline was over.

Not saying they couldn't wibbly wobbly a way for hey back into the timeline.
The Husbands of River Song was arguably one of the best Capaldi episodes. And honestly should've been Moffat's last episode because it would've been a great coda for his run.

Plus, it gave us this great moment:

I was just thinking, it would be great if they could get John Boyega to be 13th Doctor's companion for one episode. Maybe even sneak in a brief appearance bt Nick Frost. "There's something familiar about all this...".

I'm a bit disappointed she's not ginger. I think it would have been funny if the first thing she said post-regeneration is "Yay! I'm finally ginger!" with no mention of being female. (With the extra layer of meaning that regenerating as the opposite sex is no big deal for Time Lords.)
The way I wrote in my head is still close to that, right after regenerating she should look at herself and say something like "Wow, now this is weird...I haven't been blonde in ages!" (which is true, the last blonde Doctor was 6). No mention whatsoever of the gender change itself.

That's one thing someone on Twitter pointed out: they whole thing is ruined if they CONSTANTLY point out the fact that The Doctor is a woman now. Like a Dalek says, "The Doctor is a FE-MALE?"