The Disney Thread: For Everything Concerning the House of Mouse

GasBandit

Staff member
The season finale of The Mandalorian was damned good. The opening scene is pretty amazing.
My only complaint was the Kylo Ren effect.

I mean, I knew who the actor was playing him, but... when IG took off the Mandalorian's helmet, he looked less to me like Oberyn Martell and more like a mid-30s Corey Feldman who'd put on weight.

Oh for fuck's sake, how am I ever supposed to see some of this stuff (e.g., I've never seen The Sandlot) if the people who own it take it back from everyone else, but then just pretend it doesn't exist, stuff it in a chest, and sit on it?

I assume this means they've decided to issue "revised" versions, and want to make sure nobody has enough warning to archive the originals.

EDIT: Yeah, I know. Assuming they've previously been preserved intact, of course.

--Patrick

Last edited:
The more likely issue: the people involved with these films may have successfully won streaming revenue from these films and are entitled to income from them so Disney just... doesn't stream them.

As for Dr. Dolittle... it's probably because the new one is coming out, it sucks, and they don't want people to be able to watch the original instead.

Keep it up and it's back to the high seas you fucks.

On topic, I was lukewarmish on the Mandalorian in the middle point of the series (and I wish people wouldn't hire Bill Burr, he drags me kicking and screaming out of suspension of disbelief no matter where he shows up now, though it's almost made up for by Clancy Brown devil dude) but fuck were the two finale episodes great. Way to make me care about characters Favreau and Filoni.

I still like the sequels a lot better than the prequels, all in all.
From a technical standpoint, sure, but they felt kind of pointless to me.

At least the prequels walked (well, stumbled slowly on) their own path, instead of retracing the OT's steps with different pit-stops...

figmentPez

Staff member
Disney Plus Is Rebooting Space Camp

Anyone else remember Space Camp? The movie about a group of kids who accidentally go into space? Like, not some aliens or future tech, but somehow end up in space on NASA's space shuttle. I don't even remember how it happened in the movie, but I have vague memories of having seen the film.

Disney Plus Is Rebooting Space Camp

Anyone else remember Space Camp? The movie about a group of kids who accidentally go into space? Like, not some aliens or future tech, but somehow end up in space on NASA's space shuttle. I don't even remember how it happened in the movie, but I have vague memories of having seen the film.
My favorite movie as a kid. :D
Also the reason so many kids wanted to go to Space Camp in the 80s.

I mean, that doesn't mean he wasn't abusive as well.
I listened to the whole audio, you know evidence, yeah not so much. She spends a lot time berating him for the times when he'd leave the room when she'd start getting violent, and multiple statements to the equivalent of 'Why do you keep making me hit you?" He admits to shoving her once so he could get away from her and throwing A thing once after she'd been lobbing a lot of things at him.
She's gaslighting enough to light up Victorian London.
But just assume the worst, when you could actually listen to the audio.

In this, I think we see some reverse sexism in action (which I don't mean as an attack or insult to you, Blots!).
If this was a case of a man being abusive to his wife, and someone said "but maybe she was abusive towards him, too", that wouldn't fly, at all. Victim blaming, assuming the worst, trying to minimize the abuse, what have you.
Now, though, there still is A LOT of "yeah, but maybe..." going on. We're not allowed to question the victim in any sort of abuse case because reasons, except when it's a famous guy? That's also unfair.

He talked about wanting to step down during the last couple of years, he finally did, but will stick around until the end of 2021.

Not sure if Chapek was the best choice for replacement, he's one of the reasons that WDW doesn't have a night parade at this time.

Neat bit of Mandalorian season 2 casting. She's an amazing choice.

Hang on, if Ahsoka was around 5 years after RotJ, what's with all the "Luke you're our last hope." BS? Why didn't Yoda and Obi-Wan enlist her help in confronting Vader? I know she's not technically a Jedi by that point, but come on.

Hang on, if Ahsoka was around 5 years after RotJ, what's with all the "Luke you're our last hope." BS? Why didn't Yoda and Obi-Wan enlist her help in confronting Vader? I know she's not technically a Jedi by that point, but come on.
I don't think that's a plot hole. She specifically had cut herself off from the Jedi, and probably wouldn't have answered their call. They could have even assumed she was dead.

I mean, they never told Luke that Leia was his sister either, or that Vader was his father.

I don't think that's a plot hole. She specifically had cut herself off from the Jedi, and probably wouldn't have answered their call. They could have even assumed she was dead.

I mean, they never told Luke that Leia was his sister either, or that Vader was his father.
Basically this. Ahsoka's been busy doing something else mostly unrelated to the Jedi Order and hasn't been a Jedi since the second to last season of Clone Wars.

She's busy looking for Ezra and Grand Admiral Thrawn, both of whom have been missing since the end of Rebels. She only showed up after the end of ROTJ because Hera and Rex were still involved with the Rebels at that point. (Rex is the old guy with the white hair who helps the Rebels assault the shield bunker, making him the only Star Wars character to start as an animated character and then be retroactively confirmed to be in the live action movies.

Star-Wars-Rebels-Return-Jedi-Captain-Rex-Theory.jpg

With the some recent casting news however, it's likely we're going to see more of what exactly she's been doing and hopefully get some answers.

Last edited: