The Disney Thread: For Everything Concerning the House of Mouse

Reactions
424 92 0
I mean, would a Chinese actress have any real choice but to publicly support the Chinese government? I read she has US citizenship, but sounds like she only lived in the US about 5 years before relocating back to China.

That said, fuck that noise.

figmentPez

Staff member
Reactions
3,357 628 7
I think the writers, directors, producers, etc. of Star Wars need to take an improv comedy class, and learn a thing or two about "Yes, and..."

Reactions
1,457 533 7
I feel like a crazy person alone in a sea by myself surrounded by a world that loves the God awful shit JJ Abbrams and his coterie of hacks "create".

Reactions
928 369 14
I dunno, I've heard lots of good and bad things so far. Most people seem to like it better than 8, but think it's too much of a "we need to tie everything up in a bow" sort of movie and harkens back to the originals too much, like 7.
And....What did anyone expect? It's the End of the Trilogy of Trilogies, so it has to close everything. And 8 was universally panned for trying other things, so they got JJ back to do exactly what he did before.

Reactions
1,457 533 7
I dunno, I've heard lots of good and bad things so far. Most people seem to like it better than 8, but think it's too much of a "we need to tie everything up in a bow" sort of movie and harkens back to the originals too much, like 7.
And....What did anyone expect? It's the End of the Trilogy of Trilogies, so it has to close everything. And 8 was universally panned for trying other things, so they got JJ back to do exactly what he did before.
Sounds like Episode 9 is everything I feared.

Reactions
344 83 2
I saw it last night and thought it was good. It is not without problems, but I liked it. And I hated Last Jedi. I don’t want to say any more outside of the spoiler thread.

Reactions
1,633 444 3
Without spoilers, my reaction is the same as @General Specific and I liked The Last Jedi. Of course this is why I also avoid spoilers and first reactions and all the " WAH WAH WAHHH" from people who haven't actually seen it.

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
2,632 1,230 23
The season finale of The Mandalorian was damned good. The opening scene is pretty amazing.

Reactions
266 107 0
It's fun seeing the Stormtroopers engage in small talk. Even they need to gossip every once in a while.