The Disney Thread: For Everything Concerning the House of Mouse

GasBandit

Staff member
1573611590327.png

I mean, I'd like to watch it... but not 2.5 gigs per episode wanna watch it.

And certainly not subscribe to D+ wanna watch it.

figmentPez

Staff member

Of course, this is nothing new to streaming services. Lots of shows have had problems with being converted to widescreen, on Netflix and elsewhere.

figmentPez

Staff member
Oh, golly, it looks like some of the same problems that the DisneyNow app had haven't been fixed for Disney+, who would have thought?

Dave

Staff member
Odd, it said it had been there for 17 hours when I posted, and I only posted 3 hours later than you. Maybe you misspelled Mandolin.. er.. mandragoran... er...
I probably did fat finger the search. It's not showing up in the "staff picks" and nothing was in the top downloads at the time.

You laugh, but...

Apparently they shoot each other simultaneously now in an edit supposedly supervised by Lucas, himself.
My wife's comment: "Just leave it/them the fuck ALONE already!"

--Patrick
Hasn't it been this way for a long while now? I remember the last edit being they shoot simultaneously.

figmentPez

Staff member
Last edited:
Oh no, we ended up finally giving in and getting a new TV last night, and I just realized our old TV's DVD player was the only one that would play the un-fucked with versions of the OT DVDs (remember those? the "bonus" discs from 2008?) without distorting the picture.

Those 4K colors are beautiful, but it's not worth an awkward "noooooo" over Vader's choice at the end of Return of the Jedi. I haven't had to suffer the special editions and I'm not dipping into that horror show now. Like, I just went on crying my eyes out over the Luke, Vader, Palpatine part of that movie. That makes the movie, and to ruin the culmination of it is a movie-ruiner for me.

EDIT: I can't stand George Lucas. Why can't he stop? He hasn't had the franchise in his hands for years and yet somehow this new scan comes out and it's still being fiddled with. It's unreal.

EDIT EDIT: Likewise, I can't stop fiddling with this post. =| So ... is this "Harmy's" thing the real deal?

Last edited:
EDIT EDIT: Likewise, I can't stop fiddling with this post. =| So ... is this "Harmy's" thing the real deal?
Yes, one of my friends bought it and we have watched several of the movies. They are very nicely done. Plus, it comes with tons of bonus features like documentaries and a ton of different audio tracks including the RiffTrax (Mike, Kevin, & Bill from MST3k still riffing movies).

Edit: Also, I have the same laserdisk transfer DVDs and they worked in my PS4 on my 4k tv with no issues. Have not tried a separate DVD player, though.

Edit 2: Also also, you've got me Lucasing my post now too, so thanks.

And that's why I prefer my media on a physical medium. Safe from any streaming services tampering with the content.

figmentPez

Staff member
Jon Favreau wants to make a new Star Wars Holiday Special

"Oh I would definitely be interested in doing a holiday special. And I’m not going to say who I would be interested in. But one of the people is the member of the cast in an upcoming episode of the show. So we’ll leave it at that for now. I’ve been thinking about it. It’s ready, the ideas are ready. I think it could be really fun. Not as part of this, but there’s an excitement around it because it was so fun and weird, and off and not connected to what Star Wars was in the theater. The Mandalorian cartoon, the Boba Fett cartoon, from the holiday special was definitely a point of inspiration for what we did in the show. "

Jon Favreau wants to make a new Star Wars Holiday Special

"Oh I would definitely be interested in doing a holiday special. And I’m not going to say who I would be interested in. But one of the people is the member of the cast in an upcoming episode of the show. So we’ll leave it at that for now. I’ve been thinking about it. It’s ready, the ideas are ready. I think it could be really fun. Not as part of this, but there’s an excitement around it because it was so fun and weird, and off and not connected to what Star Wars was in the theater. The Mandalorian cartoon, the Boba Fett cartoon, from the holiday special was definitely a point of inspiration for what we did in the show. "
I mean, honestly, it would be pretty hard to be worse than the last one.

Dave

Staff member
Because there's christianity in space. Can you hear that? Listen closely...it's the audible sound of my eyes rolling.

Maybe not Space Jesus, but isn't one of the main points of Star Wars that it centers around a "hokey religion"?

Somehow I think this is less about making a Christmas special. It's more about "Life Day" being such a notorious blemish on Star Wars that it's either going to be roasted, or given a chance to be tied in-universe without being so ham-fisted. But it will be missing Bea Arthur, so it's chances for success are low.
Post automatically merged:

Weirder still, they only removed it from the first 13 episodes, but it appears in the rest of the series, soooooo....buh?

Last edited: