Tell Me Your Origin Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite what many people think. Those evil bullies do grow up to be normal people, just like you. I find grudges against them by the victims interesting. I'm pretty sure those bullies have moved on while, as indicated by some *ahem* stories, the hurt they caused is still there.
Oh, I'm sure they do. The problem is, though, that we the bullied usually don't cope as well growing up after having our self-esteem stomped on every day for three plus years. They dealt with their own insecurities by taking it out on others like me. And to be honest, people that did that rarely grow out of that unless someone takes them down a few pegs. I've always imagined those same assholes to be the kind of guys that pick fights in bars, do stupid shit to "impress" their girls, etc. Of course, I also imagine those guys to grow up quite a bit once they have a kid. I've personally seen that happen once or twice.

Still, I can't help wondering how they would react if I met them today and said something along the lines of "You're one of the reasons I've wanted to kill myself."

M

makare

Some grow up, some are bullies their entire lives. It's just how they interact with the world and it never changes. Some people just don't care who they hurt as long as they get what they want/have fun.

fade

Staff member
Mathias, I always hated when the former bullies use this as an excuse. What difference does it make how the bullies grow up? If I run over a kid, and drive off to become the next Ghandi, I still ran over that kid. It's done. I dislike it so strongly because the bullies just seem to be oblivious of the damage they did to someone during their formative years.
Added at: 21:26
Maybe I'll write a longer version later but the long and short of it is that I've lived a pretty charmed life and the only real adversity I've ever had to put up with is the perennial insecurity that everyone I love is secretly humouring me, and the crushing ennui of a middle class white North American upbringing.
Hmm, I probably should've just left mine at something simple like that, since mine basically boiled down to "former redneck with normal childhood makes it out alright".

M

makare

Do I hear banjoes? (I am joking my grandfathers family is a bunch of hillbillies so I understand)

You'd be surprised how many bullies are just trying to figure things out for themselves. I'm sure some of the people here who were bullied made someone miserable at some point, whether intentional or not, maybe even without realizing it. I know I did--not bullying, but there were people who DID want to befriend me in school and I'd grown mistrustful enough that I just didn't care. I'm sure that sucks. I probably do it now without thinking about it; I don't socialize with people at work beyond talking about the work itself, and I probably come off as inconsiderate. Not every personality is compatible.

That said, there are people who are just mean and nasty fucks. While I can't claim that anyone who annoyed me in school even went to jail for worse than DUI or having some marijuana in their pockets, there was this shit at my school who bullied girls and black kids specifically. School wrote it off as just usual bullying, until he build a home-made bomb and tried to blow up one kid's porch.

We didn't see him in school for a long fucking time.

G

Gagaoohlala

Then don't post. Jesus. There sure are a lot of pariahs around here. I hate this run around bullshit. If you're intimidated by a bunch of forum assholes, then don't post. Simple as that. Don't go posting whiny messages about how you're afraid to post. North Ranger is just an over sensitive blowhard. He blows up any time you bring up a sensitive topic about him. You're going to have critics about anything you post. I know there are people on this forum who hate my guts; at the same time there are people who are my good friends. Do you think I give two shits about how much someone like North Ranger hates me? Just post your stories and see what happens, otherwise go back to lurking because I hate, hate, hate run around attention games with lurkers.

Wow. I can handle dicks. But assholes are too
Much for me I guess. Back to lurking I go.

Thanks to those who were nice. I'll go martyr myself elsewhere....

Okay...did you even read his post cux, yeh, that WAS attention whorey. Like something my little sister would post on face book.

Sins Sister:Wow. I can handle dicks. But assholes are too
Much for me I guess
Sin: What happened?
Sins Sister: Never mind. I'm just a martyr (???).

Yep. Sounds over dramatic and nonsensical...just like my sister.

G

Gagaoohlala

Okay...did you even read his post cux, yeh, that WAS attention whorey. Like something my little sister would post on face book.

Sins Sister:Wow. I can handle dicks. But assholes are too
Much for me I guess
Sin: What happened?
Sins Sister: Never mind. I'm just a martyr (???).

Yep. Sounds over dramatic and nonsensical...just like my sister.
Oh FFS forget it. Remove me from your brain. Not seeking attention. Bye bye now.

I have no idea what the crap happened earlier in the thread. So here we go...

I was born in Menominee Falls, WI on November 13, 1976. It was a mostly happy childhood with spots here and there of misery, I suppose. Moved when I was 7 and entered another school- which I really didn't want to do. Generally miserable through most of elementary school, but got through it ok. Figure a kid my size (second smallest boy in the class) made out ok in the picking-on department.

When I was 12 my uncle John killed himself in his bedroom at my grandparent's farm. A week after the funeral my uncle Tom shot himself in their corn field. The whole thing was incredibly shocking, and it took a while to get over it.

High school came around and I decided I'd had enough of people. Was pretty jaded and bitter through most of school, and it is a wonder that anyone would talk to me. Made a few friends, did stupid things, blah blah blah. Thing about high school is it is the time to do stupid things like steal the 3ft ceramic Ronald McDonald statue from McDonalds, which is a block from the police station, or driving on the river walk, or any number of other stupid things.

After high school I spent most of my time at game stores and such. Met a few more friends and lost a few to time. Seven years ago I met my wife Erin.

That kinda leads me to now, I guess. Some good times, some bad, but over all I can't complain.

Wow. Assuming Gaga was genuine and not an alt, I suppose there are no vacancies here when an almost-new poster gets that kind of a barrage right off the bat over some slightly curious turns of phrase. I guess I'll need to brush up on my english, lest the native speakers here start jumping the gun and read what they will in a less-than-perfect expression on my part.

Wow. Assuming Gaga was genuine and not an alt, I suppose there are no vacancies here when an almost-new poster gets that kind of a barrage right off the bat over some slightly curious turns of phrase. I guess I'll need to brush up on my english, lest the native speakers here start jumping the gun and read what they will in a less-than-perfect expression on my part.
Whoa. You aren't 'Merican? Someone get him before he takes our jerbs!!!!

I don't think its that Tommir. I think it was because in her first post she came in, didn't introduce herself, called us ass11Q

C

Chibibar

Great stories.

It seems that we all have similar lives (bullied, and have rough lives but eventually gotten better) and we have Dave to thanks for the forum which we call our virtual home.

like any family, we sure fight each other a lot ;)

Dave

Staff member
Gaga is not only real, but a friend of mine IRL. She's not happy. I think you guys would've liked her.

You don't warn your friends what kind of people are here before she joins? (assuming she knows this board through or via you)
:facepalm:

Thing is, it's not always asshole central here. We can be a little snide and smart-allecky, but it's a select few who give the impression we are all dicks. Maybe because it happens over and over again.

Dave

Staff member
I can't think of many things that I could tell you knuckleheads that you don't already know.

Maybe in a day or two I'll post. I know there's a few things that few people know and a few that I'm not telling ANYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.