Tell Me Your Origin Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Staff member
IronBrig4, translate Asian to Redneck, and it sounds like we've had similar lives. Even the long bus rides. I rode the bus to school K-12, and the ride took an hour there and hour back. Not that the school was that far away, but the bus route was so twisted going through backcountry roads.

C

Chibibar

To be honest, I have a personal history of being a pathological liar. Not even in the sense of making stories better, worse, more interesting, or whatever pattern. Just that I have a history of telling stories for the sake of telling stories and changing details in it for no good reason.

So, I'd like to post an origin story, but I really have to concentrate to make it honest, because it may just be the first time I've given an entire history of myself without making some part of it up.
I personally never have really master online personality vs real life personality. What you see online is what I am in person :)
I never thought of making up a story, but I did omit some of the gorier detail of my life, but like all things, there is a balance. I am in a MUCH better place now than I was 30 years ago.

B

Biannoshufu

I knew this thread would end up with hurt feelings and flung accusations. It's like music.
everytime I get sad I take out your picture and giggle just like I did when I first saw ewoks as a child.

C

Chibibar

You know what tho? good or bad, it is YOUR stories. It is in the past and make you, well, YOU. We can always play monday night quarterback (did I use that right?) and second guess the decisions or make fun of stuff we made in the past, but that doesn't change the fact it happen, and it is done.

We can only change the present and the future (that is we can change our present to change the tread of the future. i.e. if I become too lazy, I'll become fat AND lazy, but I can start working out now and be more active so I won't be FAT in the future and lazy :) )

Life is a series of moments. Pick a crazy or meaningful one and go nuts!
The problem is not complexity... It's that the memories of my life are mostly a grey mass of nothingness and confusion.

Maybe has something to do with my very passive life mixed with my dyscalculia?

But I'll try to do it, at least in spanish. I'll let you know how it turned up.

Jelly, tell us about the time you infiltrated a hostile nation, seduced local women, and prevented a megalomaniacal, eccentric billionaire from doing something nefarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.