[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Scifi Japan reports that Mill Creek Entertainment has licensed a new deal with Tsuburaya Productions—the stewards of the legendary Ultra Tokusatsu series since it first began in 1966—to begin distributing every single Ultra show and film, both physically and digitally, in the US.

Every. Single. Show. And. Film.
(io9)

Scifi Japan reports that Mill Creek Entertainment has licensed a new deal with Tsuburaya Productions—the stewards of the legendary Ultra Tokusatsu series since it first began in 1966—to begin distributing every single Ultra show and film, both physically and digitally, in the US.

Every. Single. Show. And. Film.
(io9)
Mill Creek sent out a survey recently about tokusatsu shows... from what was on it, my expectation is they are going to be streaming this stuff via Crunchy Roll and they are looking to expand into the Kamen Rider stuff, as well as Gridman/SSSS.Gridman.

fade

Staff member
Legion was such an amazing show. It was beautiful. The writing was awesome. Visually stunning. AMAZING idea for displaying a psychic battle...

Then they ruined it by having the protagonist do something irredeemable at the end of season 2. It will be hard for him to come back from this. I get it--it was intentional. These writers clearly aren't stupid. But it makes it nearly impossible to accept him as a hero again. We already covered that he's flawed. I don't feel like this was necessary, especially since it's such a sensitive topic right now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, season 10 of Archer has won me back. I might even go back and start watching from where I stopped in season 8 again.

Ok, season 10 of Archer has won me back. I might even go back and start watching from where I stopped in season 8 again.
Same. Though I likely won't go back and rewatch. I tried the noire one and wasn't into it. That's where I dropped off. Really happy to hear they're going back to the original formula.

Same. Though I likely won't go back and rewatch. I tried the noire one and wasn't into it. That's where I dropped off. Really happy to hear they're going back to the original formula.
Right...because they TOTALLY stuck with going back to the old formula before...oooooooooooooooh joy.

Edit: @Far Y'know, how it had ONE season of going back to the status quo, then archer vice, then Dreamland, than Tailspin, yadda yadda yadda.

Last edited:
I thought it had all been a different setting since Vice, didn't realize that was season 5 and the coma stuff didn't start until season 8. Apparently, I forgot a few seasons since I didn't even realize vice wasn't the last season before the weirdness. Maybe I do need to go back and rewatch.

I was referring to the coma stuff specifically myself though. I remember I liked everything until 8. While it wasn't spy stuff anymore as much, I didn't find it divergent enough to be off-putting until dreamland.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
I tried watching Another Life on Netflix, and I couldn't even make it half-way into the second episode. Every adult on this show is an aggressive asshole. Like five minutes into a space mission to save Earth and the crew are already fighting and challenging leadership. I'm getting some serious Stargate: Universe vibes, and I hated that show for the same reason. People fighting just for the sake of drama is annoying. Why would anyone choose such hotheads for a space mission? It doesn't make any damn sense.

I tried watching Another Life on Netflix, and I couldn't even make it half-way into the second episode. Every adult on this show is an aggressive asshole. Like five minutes into a space mission to save Earth and the crew are already fighting and challenging leadership. I'm getting some serious Stargate: Universe vibes, and I hated that show for the same reason. People fighting just for the sake of drama is annoying. Why would anyone choose such hotheads for a space mission? It doesn't make any damn sense.
I watched the first episode and it was enough to push me away. Bad writing, cheesy effects, nonsensical science, over acting. It is a mess.

Another Life is unwatchable and I'm starving for sci-fi.

On the other hand, The Boys TV show is much better than the comics. The comics is overly edge-lord shit constantly. The show is much, much, MUCH, MUUUUUCH better at presenting the same ideas via a more modern lens and making the edge-lordy stuff from the comics work. Working Hughie in earlier into the formation of the group works very well too.

Anthony Starr, the lead from Banshee, is absolutely chilling as Homelander.

Another Life is unwatchable and I'm starving for sci-fi.

On the other hand, The Boys TV show is much better than the comics. The comics is overly edge-lord shit constantly. The show is much, much, MUCH, MUUUUUCH better at presenting the same ideas via a more modern lens and making the edge-lordy stuff from the comics work. Working Hughie in earlier into the formation of the group works very well too.

Anthony Starr, the lead from Banshee, is absolutely chilling as Homelander.
There's a stark disconnect between the anti-corporatism of the show and how much advertisement and sponsorship it's getting, especially when you can get your collectible "the boys" cup now at participating Hardee's and Carl's Jr locations.

There's a stark disconnect between the anti-corporatism of the show and how much advertisement and sponsorship it's getting, especially when you can get your collectible "the boys" cup now at participating Hardee's and Carl's Jr locations.
That's just fucking TV at this point.

Almost done Gotham, watching the first SEVEN eps on bootleg sites because Fox is sitting on it to shanghai the masses into renting specific episodes. Well NOT me Fox, YO HO HO!

For real though, the site with the GOOD videos is on page ten of Google search, not SURE for how long though as Copyright is cracking DOWN.

I know, I love it. After the debacle of Discovery and the cancellation of Counterpart, it's pretty much the only good sci-fi show going right now.

Finished the first season of The Boys and it's still great. It manages to make the supes actual characters rather than just wholly irredeemable monsters.

Awww! But I've liked the first season :( So long as it isn't Lucifer Season 4 disappointment, I'll manage.
I think it stays fine. If you've read the graphic novel, don't expect it to be anything like it. It's a big departure, and personally I was ok with that, because I already read the graphic novel so I was down for something new.

I think it stays fine. If you've read the graphic novel, don't expect it to be anything like it. It's a big departure, and personally I was ok with that, because I already read the graphic novel so I was down for something new.
Also, like a lot of Garth Ennis' work, it's mired in 90s edgelordiness. I like the Preacher show more than I like the comics...not to the same level I like The Boys' adaptation, but it's still good.

Preacher TV is good.

Big Little Lies during our HBO trial. First season was pretty good, but the second was a bit of a slog. All the actresses/actors were pretty great. Streep was really exceptional.

Next, Chernobyl.