[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Reactions
1,354 355 2
I may have just finished plowing through the first two seasons of THE GOOD PLACE. I watched an episode here and there since Friday, then binged all of season 2 just today. I can't help it.

And of course, Season 3 isn't on Netflix right now. It's coming in a few weeks, but I'm not sure if I can wait.

In an ironic twist, I'm debating the morals of "legally obtaining" season 3 or actually finding somewhere to actually, legally watch it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Reactions
2,625 420 5
I've been watching Designated Survivor and the first season was pretty enjoyable. It felt very contrived at points, but it was still fun.

Season 2, however....

<SNIP>

This show has no idea what to do when it's not weaving conspiracy theories.
A few episodes into season 3 and I'm giving up. The writers realized they can have characters say "fuck" and it's now their favorite word. I'm not against using such language, but I'm definitely against bad writing trying to fake characters being real by having them suddenly start swearing like drunken sailors.

They also keep introducing more and more characters who are complete assholes, and have being unlikeable as their defining character trait. If I wanted to watch a show about people being dicks to each other, I'd watch Archer.

Reactions
1,303 479 6
I read Nick's post, then Pez's but took Pez talking about season 3 as though he was talking about The Good Place. Mentioning everyone constantly saying fuck made me SUPER curious what kind of show The Good Place becomes.

Reactions
90 17 0
I read Nick's post, then Pez's but took Pez talking about season 3 as though he was talking about The Good Place. Mentioning everyone constantly saying fuck made me SUPER curious what kind of show The Good Place becomes.
I'd watch it.

Reactions
1,303 479 6
Dark Crystal on Netflix is FUCKING AWESOME.

Exactly what a prequel should be. IT'S OWN FUCKING STORY.

Rogue One and Solo - CHECKLIST OF DO YOU REMEMBER THIS'S?

Dark Crystal - IT'S OWN FUCKING STORY

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
2,338 1,090 23
Rogue One was - for the most part - really good. It had a couple of terrible and unnecessary callbacks, but when it stuck to the main story it was fine.

Reactions
816 327 13
I liked Rogue One and Force Awakens. I think Last Jedi gets a bad rep - there's plenty of good in there alongside some unnecessary crap, but that's true for all SW movies. I didn't care for Solo at all.

Reactions
1,916 598 2
Dark Crystal on Netflix is FUCKING AWESOME.

Exactly what a prequel should be. IT'S OWN FUCKING STORY.

Rogue One and Solo - CHECKLIST OF DO YOU REMEMBER THIS'S?

Dark Crystal - IT'S OWN FUCKING STORY
I feel like this is the one prequel that's going to make its source even more satisfying.

fade

Staff member
Reactions
351 91 4
Dark

This show is frankly awesome. Do yourself a favor and watch it. It has a Stranger Things feel to it if you like that sort of thing, but the narrative is better. It's about a small town and time travel that can connect every 33 years. I can't say much more than that without spoiling.

One thing I love is the genre saavy the show has.
Characters who travel unwillingly catch on immediately instead of spending episodes in an artificial haze about what's going on. Most of the main characters figure out what's happening before long, too. Also they catch on pretty quick to the concept that if you try to change something, you've always tried to change that, so nothing changes. That level of knowledge on the part of the characters is very interesting to me.

Reactions
266 92 0
Season 2 of Titans starts off with a BANG, with an episode that...honestly feels more like a season finale, than the actual season 1 finale if I'm real.

Reactions
1,916 598 2
Dark

This show is frankly awesome. Do yourself a favor and watch it. It has a Stranger Things feel to it if you like that sort of thing, but the narrative is better. It's about a small town and time travel that can connect every 33 years. I can't say much more than that without spoiling.

One thing I love is the genre saavy the show has.
Characters who travel unwillingly catch on immediately instead of spending episodes in an artificial haze about what's going on. Most of the main characters figure out what's happening before long, too. Also they catch on pretty quick to the concept that if you try to change something, you've always tried to change that, so nothing changes. That level of knowledge on the part of the characters is very interesting to me.
Seconding how good Dark is.

Season 2 of Titans starts off with a BANG, with an episode that...honestly feels more like a season finale, than the actual season 1 finale if I'm real.
Ha, yeah, that’s exactly what it felt like. (Huh, internet says it actually was the original Season 1 Finale and got moved to Season 2 for... reasons?)

Not sure how I feel about the portrayal of Bruce. He just didn’t give me a Batman vibe.

I hope Donna and Hawk & Dove continue to make appearances, even if they’re not full-time Titans anymore. Looking forward to Krypto! (and Superboy)

Also, we need another crossover with Doom Patrol.

Ha, yeah, that’s exactly what it felt like. (Huh, internet says it actually was the original Season 1 Finale and got moved to Season 2 for... reasons?)

Not sure how I feel about the portrayal of Bruce. He just didn’t give me a Batman vibe.

I hope Donna and Hawk & Dove continue to make appearances, even if they’re not full-time Titans anymore. Looking forward to Krypto! (and Superboy)

Also, we need another crossover with Doom Patrol.
I freaking KNEW IT! Like what, for the cliff hanger? Because the thing with-
-Slade felt like cliffhanger enough, especially with the introduction scene for Titans tower.

And I don't know, I think Bruce's actor is all right. Plus its just nice seeing an older Bruce for once, the comics just seem to be afraid of having him age...well...him and literally EVERY other adult superhero. Yet for kid superheroes, they age them up to fast, weird dichotomy.

AGREED, especially since I think their implying that they, as well as the other OG Titans were involved in the death of Deathstroke's son Grant ala New Teen Titans. Also looking forward to Conner and Krypto as well, plus Donna and Korey kicking ass.

AND double agreed, possibly have a scene where Beast Boy is all "...is it me or does the Chief look different?"

Just finished Dark Crystal AoR and damn; that was excellent! Outstanding story that builds beautifully on what we knew from the movie. I waited till finishing it to look at the credits and who all provided the voices. Some were easily recognizable but there were some surprises in there as well as stand out performances.

I highly recomend it and can't wait for more.