[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Wahad I know, Mikkelson is great! You wouldn't even know he's a cannibal. And I love the concept is that in this the psychoanalyzer doesn't KNOW he's a bad-guy! Thats freakin' awesome!

The season finale of Justified was rained out (Direct TV) for me this week, so I tape it Wednesday night... and for some reason the schedule was 12 minutes off, and I missed the ending of the episode. And it will not be shown again for at least another two weeks.

I was in such a rage.

The season finale of Justified was rained out (Direct TV) for me this week, so I tape it Wednesday night... and for some reason the schedule was 12 minutes off, and I missed the ending of the episode. And it will not be shown again for at least another two weeks.

I was in such a rage.
Do you wanna know what happened?

I was in such a rage.
I had this happen to me during a season finale of Breaking Bad.

It was when the cartel twins where attacking Hank, and he ran one down in his car and got into a shootout with the other. The last twin was standing over him as Hank was reaching for his gun...

And then the signal went out for bad weather. I yelled a string of obscenities at an alarming volume and rate at my tv screen.

Sure. Spoiler or PM it.
Where did you leave off?[DOUBLEPOST=1365188415][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had this happen to me during a season finale of Breaking Bad.

And then the signal went out for bad weather. I yelled a string of obscenities at an alarming volume and rate at my tv screen.
That wasn't even a Breaking Bad season finale! That was One Minute, which I think was episode 307 or 308, IIRC

I wasn't meaning it as like, you're dumb for not knowing that, more incredulous that Breaking Bad has so many amazing episodes stacked on top of each other that i'ts easy to confuse them
I didn't think you were. We good.

That episode was a goddamn hurricane of emotion for me. I love Hank, he may be my favorite character, so that end was especially powerful. My super honest this-really-happened thought process went like this:

No, fuck no, they're gonna kill Hank. I don't want Hank to die!

Fucking Hank! You fucking badass! FUCK THEIR SHIT UP!

Nononononono, get the gun... get the guuuuuuun

~end of line~

:Leyla:

MOTHERFUUUUUUUUU

Just as Boyd arrived as the deputies were arresting his fiance.
Boyd yelled and acted his ass off and screamed and then went nuts and started brutally punching the deputy dude, and the old rich guy came and stopped him and said "we're not going to arrest you for that, I won, you're never going to see her again, etc"

Ava got taken away after Boyd and her shared a last kiss before they rolled up the window.

Raylan had a badass showdown with Nicky Augustine in a limo at the airport, told him he could either turn himself in or die in the limo. Nicky was basically "I'm unarmed, you won't shoot me, FUCK YOU." Raylan went and talked to the Tonin kid and told him (truthfully) that Nicky was going to try to kill him, and then Tonin kid's thugs and Picker (Augustine's right hand) lit up the limo with machine guns while Raylan walked away.

Wynn Duffy gave Boyd the heroin trade in Kentucky while Boyd was basically numb from Ava's arrest.

Boyd broke into their dream rich home up the hill, turned off the alarm and just gazed at the backyard sadly.

Raylan went to his dad's house, fixed up the wall that was broken into in the very first of the season, art finally suspended him for 30 days, and he sat and looked at Arlo's fresh grave as "You will never leave harlan alive" played us out.

Boyd yelled and acted his ass off and screamed and then went nuts and started brutally punching the deputy dude, and the old rich guy came and stopped him and said "we're not going to arrest you for that, I won, you're never going to see her again, etc"

Ava got taken away after Boyd and her shared a last kiss before they rolled up the window.

Raylan had a badass showdown with Nicky Augustine in a limo at the airport, told him he could either turn himself in or die in the limo. Nicky was basically "I'm unarmed, you won't shoot me, FUCK YOU." Raylan went and talked to the Tonin kid and told him (truthfully) that Nicky was going to try to kill him, and then Tonin kid's thugs and Picker (Augustine's right hand) lit up the limo with machine guns while Raylan walked away.

Wynn Duffy gave Boyd the heroin trade in Kentucky while Boyd was basically numb from Ava's arrest.

Boyd broke into their dream rich home up the hill, turned off the alarm and just gazed at the backyard sadly.

Raylan went to his dad's house, fixed up the wall that was broken into in the very first of the season, art finally suspended him for 30 days, and he sat and looked at Arlo's fresh grave as "You will never leave harlan alive" played us out.
Okay I felt so bad for Boyd. Like, that scream, and punching Mooney, then brokenly staring at the yard of the dream house... poor Boyd :(

Almost done the first season of the original Star Trek and while I love the show, I find it kinda annoying how a good portion of shots of female characters have this shiny light filter on them to look glamorous. Feels out of place with the story much of the time.

GasBandit

Staff member
I just had a fridge logic moment last night. You know that episode of Justice League where Toy Man zaps Superman and everybody (except Batman, naturally) thinks he's dead, but it turns out he was just sent 30,000 years into the future?

Well, in it Superman picks up a Justice League beacon, and drives and walks for weeks (long enough to grow a really thick beard and cross deserts and tundra) to find the crashed wreckage of the Watchtower, where he is met by Vandal Savage, who then says "come over to my house." They walk a little ways, and pass through the wreckage of Metropolis, pausing at Superman's memorial to talk....

BUT it was pointed out that Toy Man's weapon just moved things through time, not space... which means Superman's weeks-long trek to meet up with Savage STARTED at where metropolis would have been!

Say whaaaaaat?!

Pictured: Superman, center, arrives 30,000 years in the future along with other randomly blasted chunks of present day Metropolis
jl1.JPG

"This is Metropolis, isn't it?"
"Yeah, you just spent weeks walking in circles. Hilarious isn't it?"
jl2.JPG

Also, the Kent family is present at the funeral, Lois Lane hasn't expressed anything about the missing Clark Kent, so presumably the cat's out of the super-bag? But when superman returns the next day, everybody goes back to not knowing his secret identity?

Whaaaaaat?

Your assuming they didn't rebuild the city later, as it would have likely been be destroyed without Superman to defend it.

Also, that monument for him got put up REALLY fucking fast.

GasBandit

Staff member
Your assuming they didn't rebuild the city later, as it would have likely been be destroyed without Superman to defend it.

Also, that monument for him got put up REALLY fucking fast.
That it did. But they wouldn't have had time to move metropolis, because the plot of the episode is that 5 days after superman's "death" Vandal Savage stole dwarf star matter from The Atom and used it in a gravitational doomsday device which wrought havoc on the solar system, turned the sun red, and moved several of the other planets to such range as they could be seen larger than the moon in the sky even during the day. The cataclysm led to riots, famine and death, the human race basically becoming extinct within 2 generations. And then Vandal sat there alone for 30 millenia thinking about what he'd done.[DOUBLEPOST=1365547606][/DOUBLEPOST]And this may be a bit esoteric, but the very concept of a stationary time machine, or an object moving in time but not space, is inherently flawed, as the Earth isn't stationary... it's spinning, and orbiting the sun, and the whole mess is whooshing towards Leo... basically the earth is moving at 872,000 mph. But that's just picking nits.

That it did. But they wouldn't have had time to move metropolis, because the plot of the episode is that 5 days after superman's "death" Vandal Savage stole dwarf star matter from The Atom and used it in a gravitational doomsday device which wrought havoc on the solar system, turned the sun red, and moved several of the other planets to such range as they could be seen larger than the moon in the sky even during the day. The cataclysm led to riots, famine and death, the human race basically becoming extinct within 2 generations. And then Vandal sat there alone for 30 millenia thinking about what he'd done.[DOUBLEPOST=1365547606][/DOUBLEPOST]And this may be a bit esoteric, but the very concept of a stationary time machine, or an object moving in time but not space, is inherently flawed, as the Earth isn't stationary... it's spinning, and orbiting the sun, and the whole mess is whooshing towards Leo... basically the earth is moving at 872,000 mph. But that's just picking nits.
My thinking with that is that in time traveling, you're still stuck by Earth's gravity, so your jump in time won't move just like jumping into the air won't make you hang in outer space where Earth was moments ago.

I know that's probably not established in any time travel story, but that's how I've viewed it.

fade

Staff member
Isn't there an xkcd for that, where the Delorean is floating frozen through space?[DOUBLEPOST=1365772559][/DOUBLEPOST]I like Psych. It's stupid fun. It did go downhill for a while with enormous character degradation, and Sean (Shawn?) becoming a ridiculous parody. It got better after that, but I don't like the recent episode. It's just stupid. In it
Jules finally figures out that Sean is faking. What? I thought it was pretty clear they all knew, but were just playing along. Haven't they come pretty close to outright saying it in a few episodes? It seems a little late to play this card.

I love Psych! My father in-law's name is Shawn Spencer so...it's our families' show.

But that spoiler fade disappoints me because

like you, I thought it was clear they all knew? I mean the amount of help he gets from his dad and other people, I just thought..it was obvious? I'm not caught up, so I haven't seen the episode, but really? Really? I hope nothing changes with it....for me, I like Psych because the formula doesn't change much, they know what people like and pretty much stick with it. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've bascially said it in a few episodes, especailly the chief. So, if this changes things drastically = disappoint.

Psych was enjoyable at first but ive slowly lost interest. It's basically just an excuse to toss in 80s and 90s pop culture references so that everyone stares blankly at Sean. Gus is great alongside Sean,but i never see any character developmebt between any of them. The psychic angle was forced right from the start. They were going to arrest him because apparently being observant is not a valid reason for knowing who commited a crime. Yet being psychic is. Lasitor is by far the best side character. Hes like the Burt Gummer of Psych. You solve everything with big guns. I have the latest episodes recorded, but i have yet to get to them.

fade

Staff member
Psych led to the only time I've gotten a Tweet back from someone in showbusiness. I wrote something to the effect that Spencer's character had gotten ridiculous, and that the show was no longer about the crimes. Those were a loose backdrop for Roday to make stupid ad lib jokes. He was dominating the cast. Someone wrote back and said they'd been hearing that complaint a lot, and a fix was in the works. The show did get back towards its roots after that.

I saw Roday on the small stage a few years ago during a performance of "Extinction" which I believe he co-wrote. It was very dark and unlike Psych, but I quite enjoyed it. I've heard he and his fellow actors on the show are good friends outside of filming (he's been dating Maggie-Lawson who plays Juliet on the show for a while now). A few of them perform in his theater company Red Dog Squadron.

After all the hullaballoo about Young Justice being canceled, I tried watching it.

It was pretty mediocre-to-bad.
It starts to come into it's own near the end of Season 1 and Season 2 would have been better if they hadn't been forced to do a time skip so that they could make more toys. That said, Season 2 is pretty decent. It's not Justice League Unlimited, but it's pretty good.

I actually liked the Green Lantern show once Razor became a part of the main cast.

I saw Roday on the small stage a few years ago during a performance of "Extinction" which I believe he co-wrote. It was very dark and unlike Psych, but I quite enjoyed it. I've heard he and his fellow actors on the show are good friends outside of filming (he's been dating Maggie-Lawson who plays Juliet on the show for a while now). A few of them perform in his theater company Red Dog Squadron.
I think it's things like this is partially why I still enjoy the show so much. Having seen them interact outside of the show makes me just really like them. So, I like the show because I like them as people. I mean, I don't know them personally, but what I've seen has been fun. (I always get to the Psych panel at SDCC just to see them interact.)

On an unrelated note, I just started watching Breaking Bad with Nate today. =^^=