[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

I've heard the Green Lantern cartoon is really fantastic, been meaning to give that a watch.

Also, I wish Netflix would get more seasons of the Cartoon Network shows it added, I want more Regular Show.

I've heard the Green Lantern cartoon is really fantastic, been meaning to give that a watch.

Also, I wish Netflix would get more seasons of the Cartoon Network shows it added, I want more Regular Show.
Yep, too bad it was cancelled after the second season. It was meant to be a tie-in for the Green Lantern movie, but that was terrible.

Regular Show is only in it's second season.

If by only in it's second season you mean almost done it's 4th season, then yes, it's only in it's second season otherwise, it's almost done it's 4th season.

If by only in it's second season you mean almost done it's 4th season, then yes, it's only in it's second season otherwise, it's almost done it's 4th season.
Does it do weird 6 month seasons? It has NOT been on for 4 years.

Yeah, I just checked Wikipedia: It does short breaks through the year like Adventure Time. This is because each new episode is only like 12 minutes long, so they can keep it up all year long.

Even at half length episodes, they're still putting them out there at a rate that makes every single other show on the network look lazy. Insane pace.

Yeah, I know they've passed 100 episodes, so I was trying to figure out how it only had two seasons. But then AT is on season 5 or 6 now doing the same thing (one new 12-minute a week).

Man, the Venture Bros guys need to learn to delegate the work a little more so we get more than 13 episodes every 3 years.

GasBandit

Staff member
Seriously, the end of season 4 set us up for some epic shit..and it may be years before we see it.

THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.
Assuming that everybody stays on board for the long hiatuses, and doesn't pull a Harry Goz, which I hope against.

Anyway, speaking of, the second part of the Archer/Sealab crossover didn't feel as epic as I thought it was going to be.

Seriously, the end of season 4 set us up for some epic shit..and it may be years before we see it.

THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.
Pretty sure next season is the final season too. Venture Brothers is in a similar boat too, in that I think it only has two seasons left and then we might be getting a movie.

I don't know what I posted last in here. We watched House of Cards. I love it and want season 2 right now! Watched both seasons of Sherlock. Again, want the new season sooner rather than later. Walking Dead season finale was not what I expected. Grimm is still pretty freaking awesome though I was hoping Juliette would die or go insane or just leave. Also just started watching Breaking Bad. Holy shit what a great show that is, too!

After finishing The Wire, I caught myself up on The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.
Walking Dead's third season was excellent. Finale was a bit of a letdown, but I guess it was really more of a denoument for the episode before.
Game of Thrones, I have to be honest, it's hard for me to get into it this season for some reason. I'm not sure why. We're only three episodes in though, maybe I'll be glued again when the action starts to pick up.

Also I started watching Deadwood. Only on the second episode now, but so far I'm liking it.[DOUBLEPOST=1366466866][/DOUBLEPOST]
Breaking Bad has this unholy ability to make every season the best season ever.

It only gets better. So much.
Well, Season 2 I think has some moments that drag it down a bit, but man, once season 3 starts...

I finally got around to watching Batman Beyond now that it's up on Netflix. What a great series. Sucks that it didn't have a proper ending and they had to shoehorn it into a JLU episode. That being said, that episode makes WAY more sense to me now. What ticks me off, though, in Return of the Joker and the JLU Epilogue episode there's no mention of Max at all.

What ticks me off, though, in Return of the Joker and the JLU Epilogue episode there's no mention of Max at all.
She's an important character in the Batman Beyond comic series they are doing. I'm real fucking glad they kept this going after New 52... and yes, just about everything from the show is canon in the comic, or at least it was prior to New 52.

Look for Batman Beyond Unlimited, which actually has three series going at once:
- Batman Beyond
- Justice League Beyond
- Superman Beyond

I finally got around to watching Batman Beyond now that it's up on Netflix. What a great series. Sucks that it didn't have a proper ending and they had to shoehorn it into a JLU episode. That being said, that episode makes WAY more sense to me now. What ticks me off, though, in Return of the Joker and the JLU Epilogue episode there's no mention of Max at all.
Oh crap, I have to find that JLU episode now. I never knew they did an end.

To clarify, it's the last episode of season one of Justice League Unlimited, not Justice League. They're listed as 2 separate shows.
I figured; I'm not watching Justice League original. I gave that a number of chances when it first came out and after seven awful episodes I gave up. Don't know if it ever got better.

JLU has been great so far and I've watched about the same number of episodes.

JLU is definitely the stronger of the shows, mainly because they were free to use less well known characters and give them their own takes on them. One of my favorite episodes (Patriot Act) is when the JLU sends a bunch of B-listers (S.T.R.I.P.E, Star Girl, Vigilante, Shining Knight, Green Arrow) to show up for a parade in Metropolis. Speedy and Crimson Avenger show up later. These 7 unpowered people then proceed to kick such ass... it's always one of my favs.

The fact that it's essentially a shout-out to Seven Soldiers of Victory (which featured all of them except Star Girl) just makes it all the better.

One thing I never liked about Batman Beyond was the title. Beyond?
I think it's to show what Gotham turns into when it's "beyond" Batman's reach. Bruce was the last hero in Gotham City because he'd alienated everyone else he'd ever known... and then he got too old to keep doing it. No one else came to defend it ether because they didn't care or were afraid of how Bruce would react (which is why the Justice League stayed out). Without a hero, the whole town went to shit.

I can't imagine the New 52 would really change anything seeing as it isn't even the future of the comics, but of the DCAU.
Probably not changing the DCAU , I mean hell Beast boy is still green in the cartoons even though he is supposed to be red. Does making him attached to red make sense? Yes. Will it replace the image in most fans heads of the iconic green shape-shifter? No.[DOUBLEPOST=1366554438][/DOUBLEPOST]
One thing I never liked about Batman Beyond was the title. Beyond?
Cos it was beyond...Batman the animated series timeline? Okay the name is silly, but I still like it.

Is anyone else watching Hannibal? I think it might be the best show on Television right now, and I am saying that in a world where the seasons of Game of Thrones and Mad Men just started.

Has anyone else watched SyFy's Defiance? The pilot was last Monday and the next episode is tomorrow night. I'm somewhat hopeful that it will be some decent scifi - plus there were some ads for more upcoming scifi shows - maybe the dumbasses in charge thought that since the ratings were tanking on the channel, let's try to get our "nerds" back...