[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

That's kind of a no-brainer Sir Charlie.

Anyways, Young Justice is done and the last episode made me mad, not only for being a shitty rushed finish to the current arc, but by leaving the show dangling with something infinitely cool to deal with that we will never get to see.

That's kind of a no-brainer Sir Charlie.

Anyways, Young Justice is done and the last episode made me mad, not only for being a shitty rushed finish to the current arc, but by leaving the show dangling with something infinitely cool to deal with that we will never get to see.
So it ends like every other episode of the show?

So it ends like every other episode of the show?
Yeah, pretty much. It also tossed in a pointless character death for a character that's been everything but forgotten for the entire second season and it ends with the bad guys win again. It even did the thing where the smagical solution to their problem came out of nowhere. And the big villain of the arc is defeated in quite possibly the most anti-climactic way possible. Show with so much promise and potential goes out with a whimper, not that anyone expected anything different.

On the positive side, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond and Batman: Brave and the Bold will be on Netflix at the end of the month. Why no TAS or Superman? I have no idea.

Yeah, pretty much. It also tossed in a pointless character death for a character that's been everything but forgotten for the entire second season and it ends with the bad guys win again. It even did the thing where the smagical solution to their problem came out of nowhere. And the big villain of the arc is defeated in quite possibly the most anti-climactic way possible. Show with so much promise and potential goes out with a whimper, not that anyone expected anything different.

On the positive side, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond and Batman: Brave and the Bold will be on Netflix at the end of the month. Why no TAS or Superman? I have no idea.
Did they add The Zeta Project? It's set in the Batman Beyond future.

Looks like they didn't. Fuck. I may just need to go and buy the DVDs.

First episode of Castle, looks pretty interesting. One thing that bugs me though is how its one of those detective shows where the by the books police person antagonizes the genius detective EVEN THOUGH he's clearly a genius. I mean, why argue? He is clearly the Jesus!

But on the other side of the spectrum, why doesn't the chief respect the detective at all? Clearly she works hard, yet he won't give her the time of day. What the hell? Why does no-one respect anyone in this universe?

While I make fun of it, I am still intrigued and can't wait to see more.

First episode of Castle, looks pretty interesting. One thing that bugs me though is how its one of those detective shows where the by the books police person antagonizes the genius detective EVEN THOUGH he's clearly a genius. I mean, why argue? He is clearly the Jesus!

But on the other side of the spectrum, why doesn't the chief respect the detective at all? Clearly she works hard, yet he won't give her the time of day. What the hell? Why does no-one respect anyone in this universe?

While I make fun of it, I am still intrigued and can't wait to see more.
There are reasons that don't become clear for a few seasons. She is the head detective, though, so you can't say she's totally without respect.

fade

Staff member
Yeah, it's now slated for "unspecified consoles" and pushed to late 2014, so who knows what's going on there. I think Detours is pretty much shelved too, though that looked kind of stupid so no big loss there.
I'm actually friends with one of the Robot Chicken writers/actors, and I can tell you, the future of Detours is pretty much dead. They were basically fired. It's been pretty bad for them financially, sadly. Seems like anything they do besides RC dies.

Disney seems to be betting it all on Episode VII with the way they've closed down nearly everything they're not running themselves. At this point I'm not sure anything besides CN's Clone Wars (which is getting a bit of closure in a 6th season on a non-CN network) is getting anything past full-on cancellation.

They want to make it into a DISNEY property, which means they are likely going to be erasing all the complex themes that arose in the prequels and expanded universe stuff.

As for the Robot Chicken guys doing other stuff... I liked Titan Maximum, but I feel like they focused too much on the shitty team and not enough on making it a good super robot show. Megas XLR is everything that Titan Maximum SHOULD have been and it was done years ago.

They want to make it into a DISNEY property, which means they are likely going to be erasing all the complex themes that arose in the prequels and expanded universe stuff.
This is really my only concern about the change in ownership. Lucas may have been many things, but he totally encouraged fan usage of his property and accepted a great deal of the EU as cannon. Disney is notoriously litigious with their properties, so I can see that going away almost entirely.

Newest episode of Fairly Oddparents, Timmy got a magical dog with what some might say an "extreme" personality, and has an annoying voice. Why does that sound famili-

...I am not confident with this change.

I watched the Finland vs Spain 2014 World cup qualifying match. It was uhm...quite exhilarting...and shocking, to say the least.

Watching the Malaysian Grand Prix. Hamilton with the funniest move in many a year by pulling into the pit of his OLD team by mistake. :)

fade

Staff member
Horsepower TV

All these guys do is rip out parts and drop in catalog parts straight out the boxes. On the one hand, I get that that's the point of the show, but I don't really find it that appealing, because it just seems so plug-and-play. I want to see them deal with a tenth hand car resto where half the bolts are stripped, and someone has duct taped the hoses and wires. Or give them a budget.