[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Finished Defenders, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, though the story suffered from having to rely on Iron Fist to carry too much of it. Unfortunately, Finn Jones only ever really got the "Danny is a moron" part of his direction. With the exception of one fight scene almost all of Iron Fist's fights are hidden in shadows and you can never tell what is going on. Anyway, Matt, Jessica and Luke were all great. I did enjoy the individual interaction between all the characters even the supporting cast.

I am embarrassed to say that I cheered out loud when...
Misty lost her arm.... bionic arm incoming in Luke Cage season 2!

On to the Tick!

Finished Defenders, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, though the story suffered from having to rely on Iron Fist to carry too much of it. Unfortunately, Finn Jones only ever really got the "Danny is a moron" part of his direction. With the exception of one fight scene almost all of Iron Fist's fights are hidden in shadows and you can never tell what is going on. Anyway, Matt, Jessica and Luke were all great. I did enjoy the individual interaction between all the characters even the supporting cast.

On to the Tick!

SPOON!
FTFY

GasBandit

Staff member
Finished Defenders - I will also echo the sentiment about the fight scenes being dark and shaky to the point of being near inscrutable. I miss the awesome choreography from Daredevil. Really, the whole thing was just "ok." Which is a shame, because it could (and should) have been awesome.

Just finished The Tick. That was pretty good. Enjoyed the Tick monologues and the interplay between all the characters. Especially enjoyed, because it's so The Tick...

CLIFFHANGER!
Yeah, I enjoyed that more than I expected. The pilot didn't grab me until I decided to watch it a few times, and the whole Tyler Durden thing was not needed. Totally got better as it went though!

fade

Staff member
The Good Place

This is a fun show, but even my 14 year old called the big season-ending "twist" about 2 episodes in. That said, I'm pretty hooked.

Gotham

I've been sorta-binging on this over the last couple months. I feel like somewhere in season 2 it just turned into Batman (with Jim Gordon as the uncaped crusader) and it's far less interesting for that.

GasBandit

Staff member
Thank you, although we do have Boomerang access at the moment. And a few archives of my own. He's set for now.
Well, just let me know if you get tired of commercials. I got all six volumes of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, each volume consisting of three 105 minute "disks." They're a big hit with my little cousins when the family gets together.

I'm assuming in honor of It opening tomorrow, Spike is airing the original miniseries, and I noticed that all the Simpson reruns on FXX tonight are clown-themed.

Well-played, tv.

Gotham

I've been sorta-binging on this over the last couple months. I feel like somewhere in season 2 it just turned into Batman (with Jim Gordon as the uncaped crusader) and it's far less interesting for that.

They never did show S2 here in Belgium, is it interesting/fun/worth it?

They never did show S2 here in Belgium, is it interesting/fun/worth it?
It's still entertaining, just less interesting. I think you have to watch it through to the end of Season 3 even if just for the Court of Owls.

I might be burnt out on it now, but I'll probably watch season 4 eventually.

Orville sucks. Hard.

Tonally awful, not knowing if it wants to be a Star Trek parody or exactly Star Trek, and making me look at Seth McFarlane's smug fucking face for that long was the last straw. He is the literal worst and needs someone to tell him to stop being in front of a camera. This shitty TV show is pure vanity.

Orville sucks. Hard.

Tonally awful, not knowing if it wants to be a Star Trek parody or exactly Star Trek, and making me look at Seth McFarlane's smug fucking face for that long was the last straw. He is the literal worst and needs someone to tell him to stop being in front of a camera. This shitty TV show is pure vanity.
The other two males in the house really enjoyed it.
I wasn't home, I didn't get to watch it, I can't render an opinion.

--Patrick

I watched half of it before I switched over to watch the Cowboys play with themselves :mad:

It seemed fine. Considering Seth McFarlane's other FOX shows I was actually pleased that it wasn't trying to be laugh a minute funny. That said I think it would have been a lot better if there was any chance that it had gotten the Trek license.

Orville sucks. Hard.

I wanted to like this show soooo bad.

I just couldn't. I can't disagree with anything you've said here.

I agree that The Orville doesn't quite know what it wants to be. It earned a few laughs from me and I'll see the next episode to see if it improves.

Seth MacFarlane is a versatile voice actor and a musical genius. But his real acting skills are sub-par.

Edit: I should add that I saw Inhumans on IMAX. It was only $7 here. Do NOT spend money on it because IMAX won't help at all. It's a network TV show that doesn't really depend on Doctor Strange-type visuals.

Also, Inhumans is not very good. The whole series should probably be condensed into one season of Agents of SHIELD.

fade

Staff member
I can't agree about versatile voice acting. I think his voice acting is pretty wooden and repetitive. I'm not a huge fan.

Season 3 Rick and Morty.

Hmm. This show is going away from some of the things that made it awesome. Don't get me wrong. It's still a good show, and the Ricklantis episode was great in particular. But it's gone a little too dark (which the premiere even broke the 4th wall to make fun of) rendering almost everyone non-sympathetic.

I can't agree about versatile voice acting. I think his voice acting is pretty wooden and repetitive. I'm not a huge fan.

Season 3 Rick and Morty.

Hmm. This show is going away from some of the things that made it awesome. Don't get me wrong. It's still a good show, and the Ricklantis episode was great in particular. But it's gone a little too dark (which the premiere even broke the 4th wall to make fun of) rendering almost everyone non-sympathetic.

Season 3 Rick and Morty.

I'm liking the turn, it's showing Rick's lasting effects on his family. Also, telling us exactly what Dan Harmon thinks about therapy.

South Park

Yet another "EH" premiere. Also I feel the "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS" recurring joke ain't as funny anymore.
It was COMPLETELY toothless because the creators are afraid of showing they might actually care about something, because that's lame and stuff. I full expect South Park to stop soon, if this is the best they can pull.

Also, I honestly can't tell which was the A or B plot, neither had that much power to it as a story. The metaphor of Randy's plot was painfully obvious, and Cartman's idiotic break-up story line felt like they've done this before in other ways, only in those ways they were actually funny. It also shares one of South Park's major faults, mocking something many years after its relavant with the Alexa/Siri satire, similar to when they made fun of emo kids WAY after the fad was actually a thing.