[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

A few nights ago I started watching Westworld.

It's pretty good, but th͈̫͉̗̟̗͉e͍͛s̹͔̟ͩě͖̐̎͗̚ ̩ͤ̋̽̽̔v͙i̪̥̖̝̦̲̬̍͊ͥ̈́o̘̜̘̣͖͈̺ͩ͐̓ͩ̉̄͊l̪̠͓͔̟͕ĕ̺͈̳̯ͨ̆͒̏n̫͍̭͚̪̊̃t̬̰̫͔͋̓̂ ̟̥͙ͣͬ̈́ͅd̥̫̏͂̈e͓͖̳ͦ͊̄̑l̟̻̯̦͕̊̑i̭̣͒ͫ͂̓̓̋g̱̦̞̲̊͗h̫͎̪ͬ̊̈̌̋̂̋t̫̫̥͉͈s̻̭̘̓̒͗̌ ̘͙̙̹͈̞̟͑̄̾h̙̹͚̗̗͈̀̈́a͈̱̫̟v̎͑̋e͎͈͖̦̭͎ͪ̂ͅ ̞͈ͨ͌̇̎v͍̖ͯͬͩ̍ͮͩì̘̖͈͖͌ͩ̐̾ͫo̤̬̽̓ͥͦͨ̌̿l̬̣̠̘̃ͭ̿̅͒̏ë́̋͑͊̓ͤ̉n͕͖̖͎̭̩̩̽ͫ͂̆t̥̱̱̮͒͋ͪ͑ͧͯ ͎͔̱̤̝̮͙ͪ̌͑͆̈̚ë͉̫̩̤̯̟̹́̌͋͌̈́ͮ͌n͓̈́̊d̺̻̤͖̻ͮͬ̍͂̀̉s̭̗̱ͣ̂̿͌ͮ̇̓.̗͇ͦ͗̉ͪ̃͐
Are you certain you're not a host?

At that ep of Arrow that introduces "The dark Archer", and on his hunt Oliver goes into a room...with green neon lights near the door way...if this guy turns out to be the Ridler instead of the obvious guy who its going to be because I read comics/watch television, that would be one HELL of a twist!

ALSO...Firefly, really? They REALLY need to break this un-written rule about Batman not having a live action show, its just getting silly.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume the Mr. Blank from Arrow is an evil alternate universe version of Charles Gunn and no-one can tell me other-wise. There was a scene where he pretended to be a LAWYER- come on!

On season 6 of Dexter now, and Colin Hanks makes the least intimidating serial killer's assistant I've ever seen. It's like Money Pit Tom Hanks with a knife.

Okay season 6 got me, was not

expecting Colin Hanks to be seeing someone like Dexter does. Pretty good twist.

Probably going to stop with this season, though.

We watched the first episode of A Series of Unfortunate Events last night. I'm curious to see how it goes about what it's doing, but I didn't really like it.

We watched the first episode of A Series of Unfortunate Events last night. I'm curious to see how it goes about what it's doing, but I didn't really like it.
I just finished it (only 8 episodes). It's not bad, but nothing special either. This is coming from someone who's not read the books, however.

NPH is basically the saving grace of the whole deal.

Just about done with season 7 of Dexter, and I really wish Isaak had been the villain in an earlier season. He was interesting, a good match against Dexter, and much more compelling as a character compared to most of the previous antagonists. If he'd had a better set of subplots surrounding him each episode season 7 could have been one last hurrah before whatever awaits me in s8.

I watched the first 3 episodes of Jeeves and Wooster last night. Such a charming show. Fry and Laurie have the absolute best chemistry.

When House started, it took me two season to realize he was THAT Hugh Laurie. He was so fresh faced on Black Adder and A Bit of Fry and Laurie, that I did not recognize the haggard "American" on House.

The Good Place had its season finale last night.

It is an amazing show and everyone should watch all the episodes in order.

It needs a second season.

Anything else I say about it would spoil it.

Introducing a friend of mine to the Good Place and holy cow the season finale adds a whole other level to rewatching.

Were those that were affected by Mirakuru in Arrow count as Metahumans? I mean yeah there was a cure to it, but unlike say Miraclo the Mirakuru stayed a part of their bodies, meaning after metamorphose their body most likely kept creating it. Or would simply be a curable disease that gives super powers? So confusing.

Flash CW: GUYS, I have no idea if my magical super speed would allow me to do something that could be done with magical super speed! Waste the viewer's time telling me I can do it!

Flash in literally every other medium:GOTTA GO FAST!

I'm down with him having a team, but have some fucking ingenuity! Especially with the running on water bit, Earth-1 Barry Allen figured that out on his own in like five issues.

Flash CW: GUYS, I have no idea if my magical super speed would allow me to do something that could be done with magical super speed! Waste the viewer's time telling me I can do it!

Flash in literally every other medium:GOTTA GO FAST!

I'm down with him having a team, but have some fucking ingenuity! Especially with the running on water bit, Earth-1 Barry Allen figured that out on his own in like five issues.
I actually liked the slow burn with what all he could do with his powers. It made every early episode special as he learned new tricks. Like running up and down buildings for the first time.

Its not the slow-burn, but how he continually asks the science people to ask if he could do the feats he could do. I get it, Wells wants to keep him safe for scary future reasons, but the character from the comics and other mediums would just go fuck all out trying the impossible to save the day and didn't need shoulder angels to tell him whether to do or not do crazy impossible speed feats. Its a not a major gripe as I still love the show, but its not a minor gripe either, kind-of a medium gripe.

Its not the slow-burn, but how he continually asks the science people to ask if he could do the feats he could do. I get it, Wells wants to keep him safe for scary future reasons, but the character from the comics and other mediums would just go fuck all out trying the impossible to save the day and didn't need shoulder angels to tell him whether to do or not do crazy impossible speed feats. Its a not a major gripe as I still love the show, but its not a minor gripe either, kind-of a medium gripe.
It took him time to figure out he could speed-calculate and speed-read/process, so it makes sense he'd be asking others to do calculations while he's focusing on the task at hand.

I get being frustrated that he's not instantly at full-on Flash potential, I felt that way too, but not in the sense of "this is something the show is doing wrong" and more "he has no idea how powerful he is." I think this is less medium gripe and more you wishing this was a Silver Age comic in all ways instead of just some. It wouldn't make sense to go full-on impossible flying off the handle when it's explained to him that if he punches something wrong, he'll shatter every bone from his fingers to his shoulder.

I'm just more used to/prefer the character having the confidence to push himself to the limit, him double-checking himself with techy shoulder angels is a weird change for me. Also once again, still like the show....though Captain Cold feels more like Mr.Freeze if I'm being honest in terms of personality.

I'm just more used to/prefer the character having the confidence to push himself to the limit, him double-checking himself with techy shoulder angels is a weird change for me. Also once again, still like the show....though Captain Cold feels more like Mr.Freeze if I'm being honest in terms of personality.
Which Mr. Freeze?

Which Mr. Freeze?
New Earth/Animated Mr. Freeze, coldhearted personality and weird obsession with freezing by which I mean(first ep, never once did Snart specify why he needed cold weaponry). From what I've seen and read, Captain Cold was oddly enough a hot-blooded villain prone to anger and passion, as well as someone who'd stave from murder unless he needed to.....unlike the CW show where he killed a mofo in his first outing.

Actually, Captain Cold should've come later after the Flash was more public knowledge, that way him happening to choose the perfect stolen weapon to combat him would make ALL the sense.